Hit Detection

Comments

• stuwooster
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    lizzard wrote: »
    A10 hunter, a narrow spreading shotgun. Direct hit to enemy center mass, under 5 meters away =16% damage!
    M favourite, direct hit to the upper body, including headshot hitmarker..... 8 damage. Is that even possible
  • Immortal_0neShot
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    The poor connection players need a few days to downlia
    stuwooster wrote: »
    A10 hunter, a narrow spreading shotgun. Direct hit to enemy center mass, under 5 meters away =16% damage!
    M favourite, direct hit to the upper body, including headshot hitmarker..... 8 damage. Is that even possible

Or a headshot with a bolt action sniper rifle which does enemy hit 99
  • jdbelcher1998
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This is another thing that's happened to me and I'm confused on that damage number—how is 99 a possible damage ratio for any of the scout rifles? I've been getting quite a few "99" hits from the Martini Henry since patch—which is in a great state now by the way. I thought 90 was max damage you could achieve outside of the sweet spot with the Henry (besides a 100 hit headshot). But within the sweet spot a center mass shot or *somewhere* on the head registering 99 is quite confusing.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

This is another thing that's happened to me and I'm confused on that damage number—how is 99 a possible damage ratio for any of the scout rifles? I've been getting quite a few "99" hits from the Martini Henry since patch—which is in a great state now by the way. I thought 90 was max damage you could achieve outside of the sweet spot with the Henry (besides a 100 hit headshot). But within the sweet spot a center mass shot or *somewhere* on the head registering 99 is quite confusing.

Seen that me to.. I have absolutely no idea of what is going on at those moments..
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I got that alot in laggy games with explosives I chuck a nuke stick grenade into a group of 3 enemies I get something like 280 damage and no kills ive had 359 damage and no kill with a group of 4 players or I can watch the grenade land right on a players foot and it will do anything from 8-99 damage, same with limpets a player stood right on top of one as it blew up 79 damage. Same with the 57mm anything from 8-99 damage for a pretty much direct hit, with the 20mm its even worse as most the damage doesn't even register at all.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    oJU5T1No wrote: »
    I got that alot in laggy games with explosives I chuck a nuke stick grenade into a group of 3 enemies I get something like 280 damage and no kills ive had 359 damage and no kill with a group of 4 players or I can watch the grenade land right on a players foot and it will do anything from 8-99 damage, same with limpets a player stood right on top of one as it blew up 79 damage. Same with the 57mm anything from 8-99 damage for a pretty much direct hit, with the 20mm its even worse as most the damage doesn't even register at all.

Yes its really strange.
    Can't remember it being like this at launch, or in the open beta... Maybe my memory isnt what it used to be? Lol
  • THAGURT
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

No bolt action does 99 on a headshot except Russian trench. 99 hit on a body shot means you hit center mass on a player and you could be literally 3ft long or short of the sweetspot range. Look at symthic, it shows damage drop off and stuff.
  • FlopTrain
    506 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Not sure why but post patch(PS4), I see rubberbanding players constantly, now.

I know it was their connection because I was online with a friend, that lives on the East coast,..we play together all the time and we're seeing the same guys rubberbanding.
    Post edited by FlopTrain on
  • jdbelcher1998
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    THAGURT wrote: »

No bolt action does 99 on a headshot except Russian trench. 99 hit on a body shot means you hit center mass on a player and you could be literally 3ft long or short of the sweetspot range. Look at symthic, it shows damage drop off and stuff.

Would have to be exactly one meter short or long of the sweet spot to register 99, yes, but I'm talking about within the sweet spot. Thanks, though, as I'm sure Symthic's damage models aren't entirely understood by the player base.
  • THAGURT
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You might have only gotten hitmarkers for the headshot...which doesnt do any extra damage for a shotgun
  • stuwooster
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Very true, but i dont believe from a straight on upper boddy shot he got hit by one of 20 pellets in the head
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Very true, but i dont believe from a straight on upper boddy shot he got hit by one of 20 pellets in the head

Sure he could of. Pellet spread is pretty large on some of the guns. All depends on the distance.

And for the 99 head shot. If you are basing it on the pts you receive, dont. That has been off since day one in both directions (too much and too little).
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    FlopTrain wrote: »

I know it was their connection because I was online with a friend, that lives on the East coast at the time and we were seeing the same guys rubberbanding.

Yep, same here. I've witnessed an increasing number of players rubberbanding all over the place since the Winter Patch.
  • stuwooster
    I have had a lot of funky stuff going on, rubber banding, AT nades bouncing off tanks, nades just disappearing, especially if dying after its thrown, shots not being counted if fired as you die, and load times have been crazy long, i don't think i have seen the start of a game yet, usually first flag already capped. Was playing with a couple of friends and i could hear they were in the game while i was still waiting nearly every game.
    Just doing a fresh install see if that helps

• xBigOrangeHeadx
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    FlopTrain wrote: »

I know it was their connection because I was online with a friend, that lives on the East coast at the time and we were seeing the same guys rubberbanding.

Same for me. The rubberbanding is much much worse in my experience.
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    oJU5T1No wrote: »

Yes its really strange.
    Can't remember it being like this at launch, or in the open beta... Maybe my memory isnt what it used to be? Lol

It has been like that since launch for me, I found the patch improved things slightly in terms of the damage registering but theres still plenty of players teleporting around and some very wonky things happening.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aside from the day of the patch, Ive had nothing but smooth games. Long loads & horrible laggy menu, but otherwise its excellent.
    Ever since i upgraded my interwebz from 20mb/s to 50mb/s a couple weeks ago, even BF4 runs smooth as can be.
    Just fix loading and menus and we're golden.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2017
    This is what I get since the last patch:

Fibre 150/15 mb conection. PS4 in a DMZ with prioritized traffic.
  • Schmo13
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is what I get since the last patch:

Fibre 150/15 mb conection. PS4 in a DMZ with prioritized traffic.

Lets see the net graph