Hit Detection

Comments

• iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lerki0 wrote: »
    Just wondering why would you think anyone gives 2 **** about how smooth the game runs for some guy who eats up bullets and one shot kills because he is playing oor with a super high ping?

Because some areas that the game is sold dont have servers yet so they have to play out of region. The game has to be as smooth as possible for everyone.

Read the posts mischkag explains the situation really well.

You mean like Japan and the EU? Oh wait, they do have servers and yet they flood the US east. I wonder why? (Sarcasm).
  • lerki0
    907 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    iSpyRecon wrote: »
    Just wondering why would you think anyone gives 2 **** about how smooth the game runs for some guy who eats up bullets and one shot kills because he is playing oor with a super high ping?

Because some areas that the game is sold dont have servers yet so they have to play out of region. The game has to be as smooth as possible for everyone.

You mean like Japan and the EU? Oh wait, they do have servers and yet they flood the US east. I wonder why? (Sarcasm).

The original question was why does anyone care about the player playing out of region having a smooth experience, and the answer is as I said

Now what others choose to do is upto them. Also bare in mind that some people have friends who actually live in other regions, and have to cross regions to play together.
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

The original question was why does anyone care about the player playing out of region having a smooth experience, and the answer is as I said

Now what others choose to do is upto them. Also bare in mind that some people have friends who actually live in other regions, and have to cross regions to play together.

You have to be kidding.
  • lerki0
    907 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You have to be kidding.
    Its a game for people to play together, now a lot of regions dont have their own servers, Africa and South America are prime examples. So they have to join regions that are not ideally optimized for them.

Read the posts mischkag explains it all really well.
  • SupremeEpidemic
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    a lot of regions dont have their own servers, Africa and South America are prime examples.

South Americans do in fact have their own servers in BF1, also they will be adding Africa and 2 other regions(I think at the beginning of next year)
  • Cactus757
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I played in a server last night with a 200ms ping. It was fantastic. Smooth game play, excellent hit detection. If the game would run like that in region it would be great. Lately I've been playing OOR in 150ms servers and get a decent experience, but 200ms was even better. I wonder what the limit is before the game actually plays worse. I can no longer stand to play in local servers at 30ms. Locally I get single shot weapons that often don't register hits, frame rate drops, and getting killed instantly by some guy with a lmg or pistol.
  • stuwooster
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

diagoro wrote: »
    stuwooster wrote: »

As I understand it, the gun being used is a factor. For example, an LMG wont spot at extended distances, unless a scope is attached. Makes logical sense, and seems to work that way.

Been having troubles with the trench periscope too :-/
  • BOOG1EJUICE66
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    *removed - Swearing is a violation of the forum guidelines*
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • RichardPye843
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    w0lf1986 wrote: »
    mischkag wrote: »
    I am sorry to hear you feel that way. The shotgun has been reported to be either to powerful or to inconsistent. The double knifing can happen due to high pings. There is a bug with 3p camera on tanks not matching the 1p one when shooting.
    Yes i agree that you do not have lots of advantages with a high internet connection as it is right now. The game was optimized for low ping connections, but high ping ones are not penalized due to the necessity to allow high ping players (not all regions are covered, friend invites across regions). As they usually get a smoother game (their own non reliable packet delivery results in non smooth movements for all other players), the advantage of a low ping when it comes to who killed first may be offseted. There are plenty of good suggestions here in the forum when it comes to ping caps/regions/server setups. We have pending changes which will fix/improve the low ping/high ping handling and we will cover more regions/server sites and hopefully display the ping for all platforms.

I truly hope that ALL of those improvements are included in the next path. The game is almost unplayable to me at this point. Also loading times very much NEEDS improvement on Xbox. It should not have to take 3-4 minutes to join a match. The spotting needs to be fixed also and I am just wondering if you are aware of this problem on Xbox? You have to hit the button over and over and over again to spot someone even if it works at all. Plus I have also experienced bugs where you spawn in as the horse rider without the horse at the beginning and during matches. You pick a tank when you see one available then you are kicked out the loading for it. I really enjoy this game but it can get pretty frustrating at times due to the problems I am having that are out of my control.

You realize the spotting not supposedly working is a built in game mechanic so a player can not spam the button spitting every enemy there is a cool down feature. The in game hints actually warn you of this. It isn't broken.

It is broken when you have to hit the button over and over again to get the initial first spot. Not consecutive spots but A SPOT in general. You sometimes can be just meters away and the game will not allow you to spot for some players. There has been MANY players complain about this issue. The issue does not effect all players but it does for many it seems. The spotting function does work properly sometimes also. I played a game just recently where the spotting feature worked properly and I loved it. Then I play matches where it does not work properly and it sucks. I dont know if this has anything to do with the ping/latency issues but all I can conclude is that it does not work a large majority of the time for me and many other players.
  • der_Metatron
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What did you do guys. First game and it is full of regionhoppers. Lag to hell and back.
  • diagoro
    1464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    I am sorry to hear you feel that way. The shotgun has been reported to be either to powerful or to inconsistent. The double knifing can happen due to high pings. There is a bug with 3p camera on tanks not matching the 1p one when shooting.
    Yes i agree that you do not have lots of advantages with a high internet connection as it is right now. The game was optimized for low ping connections, but high ping ones are not penalized due to the necessity to allow high ping players (not all regions are covered, friend invites across regions). As they usually get a smoother game (their own non reliable packet delivery results in non smooth movements for all other players), the advantage of a low ping when it comes to who killed first may be offseted. There are plenty of good suggestions here in the forum when it comes to ping caps/regions/server setups. We have pending changes which will fix/improve the low ping/high ping handling and we will cover more regions/server sites and hopefully display the ping for all platforms.

I truly hope that ALL of those improvements are included in the next path. The game is almost unplayable to me at this point. Also loading times very much NEEDS improvement on Xbox. It should not have to take 3-4 minutes to join a match. The spotting needs to be fixed also and I am just wondering if you are aware of this problem on Xbox? You have to hit the button over and over and over again to spot someone even if it works at all. Plus I have also experienced bugs where you spawn in as the horse rider without the horse at the beginning and during matches. You pick a tank when you see one available then you are kicked out the loading for it. I really enjoy this game but it can get pretty frustrating at times due to the problems I am having that are out of my control.

You realize the spotting not supposedly working is a built in game mechanic so a player can not spam the button spitting every enemy there is a cool down feature. The in game hints actually warn you of this. It isn't broken.

It is broken when you have to hit the button over and over again to get the initial first spot. Not consecutive spots but A SPOT in general. You sometimes can be just meters away and the game will not allow you to spot for some players. There has been MANY players complain about this issue. The issue does not effect all players but it does for many it seems. The spotting function does work properly sometimes also. I played a game just recently where the spotting feature worked properly and I loved it. Then I play matches where it does not work properly and it sucks. I dont know if this has anything to do with the ping/latency issues but all I can conclude is that it does not work a large majority of the time for me and many other players.

It's a bit the same with spotting ground vehicles.....but with planes the complete opposite. I can spot a plane when not even pointing at it. Odd.....
  • RichardPye843
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    diagoro wrote: »

It's a bit the same with spotting ground vehicles.....but with planes the complete opposite. I can spot a plane when not even pointing at it. Odd.....

Planes are the only thing I can spot when this is happening. Sometimes ground vehicles and sometimes not.
  • iSpyRecon
    a lot of regions dont have their own servers, Africa and South America are prime examples.

South Americans do in fact have their own servers in BF1, also they will be adding Africa and 2 other regions(I think at the beginning of next year)

Yes but we need to be educated on the subject lol been discussing said issue since BF3. Anyway, without ping limits (which PC players we're able to enjoy up until BF1), without something in place to ensure pings remain reasonable, players will continue to connect poorly and wreak havoc with sync.
  • GoldenWrench67
    323 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The "patch" seems like another step backwards. *sigh*
  • BOOG1EJUICE66
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I suspect the spotting issues and the hit detection issues have the same root cause.
  • jhoads
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Got ya topped..
    Played yesterday....vame up on an enemy..started shooting and getting hit matkers...only to be shot down with 3 rounds..
    Medic revived me and came back with rifle shooting animation and it was stuck...not firing any rounds..or sound,,,,but gun was recoiling/firing on its own...until I was shot again....
    Also been stuck in Morter after using all the ammo....wouldnt let me go back to rifle...until I was killed.....also have had issues where I cant ADS....or shoot...Kinda like I was a victim of a Lag Switch....
    Hope issues get fixed .....cant see buying premium at this point....
  • GoldenWrench67
    I shuddered when I read "lag switch"
  • stuwooster
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

It is broken when you have to hit the button over and over again to get the initial first spot. Not consecutive spots but A SPOT in general. You sometimes can be just meters away and the game will not allow you to spot for some players. There has been MANY players complain about this issue. The issue does not effect all players but it does for many it seems. The spotting function does work properly sometimes also. I played a game just recently where the spotting feature worked properly and I loved it. Then I play matches where it does not work properly and it sucks. I dont know if this has anything to do with the ping/latency issues but all I can conclude is that it does not work a large majority of the time for me and many other players. [/quote]

I have to say that it feels consistent with the whole lag issues.

• G-Gnu
    1150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    The "patch" seems like another step backwards. *sigh*

Jupp, the game behave even more erratic now after the patch.

There is something that smells bad with this games handling between servers and clients.
    And the suppression system is not making it any better either.
    WTF moments in this game is STRONK.

It should come as any news that a 60hz server with players that have a latency span (ICMP echo latency(UDP packet latency will atleast add 10-20ms on top of this)) from about 15-200ms is behaving like a dude that smoked something bad for a week. There must be TONS of data from BF4 that does behave in similar ways. And dont come and say that BF1 is a new and updated game, i will have a hard time to believe that they overhauled the whole "netcode" since BF4.
  • GoldenWrench67
    I just played a couple of hours, domination, the game was smooth and my hits killed people like it's supposed to. Actually the best experience I've had in a couple weeks.