Hit Detection

Comments

• mischkag
    214 postsMember, Developer DICE
    The patch did not change anything with regards to 'netcode' or hit detection.
    I heard the complaints about the suppression system and gonna look into it soon.
    If a client has such a huge latency variation, there is very little a game could do besides adding even more 'safety margin' on the packet processing. But what are u suggesting here? Disconnect a client because of that? I did work recently on a system to counter the upstream of these variations and hope that this improves it a lot and is transparent to the other players.
    We are actively looking into progress with further region locks.
    You cannot be a victim of a lag switch outside getting shot form someone using it and being unable to kill him effectively. I added code to counter lag switch devices and hope this becomes history.
  • BOOG1EJUICE66
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mischkag wrote: »
    But what are u suggesting here? Disconnect a client because of that? .

Yes.
  • mischkag
    214 postsMember, Developer DICE
    It may be out of your control if anywhere between the clients end point and the server a packet congestion occurs and i am sure you would be very happy if you get disconnected in the middle of a match when that happens. I rather make sure it gets handled in a way that it is transparent to other players and does not have a negative effect on other players trying to kill this very clients soldier.
  • Cactus757
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    Recently I've noticed that really low ping (15-20ms in net graph) is sometimes not dealing proper damage. This is not the usual bullet goes straight thru them and no damage happens (that still happens too). I'm getting a hitmarker. Just a few examples of many. I've had tank shells direct hit do 40 damage. Sniper head shots do 17, 71 and other odd numbers. Three sniper shots square in the upper torso, no kill. It's noticeable with the single shot weapons. I'm assuming the people not getting full damage have a much higher ping. This is probably related to the problem of getting killed instantly by weapons that cannot OHK. That happens a lot when playing with low ping. Hopefully you guys can sort this out soon, I turn the game off in frustration too often these days.
    Post edited by Cactus757 on
  • G-Gnu
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    @mischkag
    I played today on a server, i enabled the netgraph to see my network stats, and all things looked good 25 ms and the fps was around 140-170.
    But i really could not play more then 2 rounds before i had to quit to save my expensive hardware from been totally destroyed by me in frustration.
    There must something going on here, because i stopped counting how many times i got killed by a single person with some high rof assault weapon, and that all bullets hit me in such fast time frame that dont add up with any weapon in this game, similar to the one shoot kill bug back in the BF4 days but in a bit longer time frame (you can actually hear the bullets but they sound really fast).
    I got killed through one of the pillars at the B flag on ST. Quentin Scar reloading, the guy that HS me was a sniper and i actually saw the bullet go through the pillar before i died (i was hogging the pillar in middle reload, this pillar is wider then a player character so nothing sticking out).
    I also had some kills where i was shooting prone enemy players where i did not get any hit markers until maybe 5th or 6th shoot where the enemy died (no packet loss, no pkt loss indicators anyway).
    Enemy nade icons is not showing up every time after the patch, same goes for the damage indicator from the gas nades, feels like thats a network issue to because of erratic behavior.
    Also got saber killed a couple of times by cavalry that in my view where 2 or 3 length of a an horse away, unless the dudes on the horses was Richards Reeds from the Fantastic four they would never reach that far.
    I really dont know what to do anymore, my computer has the power to push out 140-170 fps @ 1440p on a fiber connection where i have checked the several times, is rated A+.
    Though i am not more then maybe an average player i can still see when things is not right.
    This issue or issues maybe is not something new to the franchise but in this version i am getting trolled by the game more then i can handle most of the time (not every time though, i have had good rounds too).
    For me this is the most important issue of this game , and i hope this gets resolved into a manageable level rather soon.
  • RichardPye843
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    I found a solution to my frustration for having a low ping and I am actually enjoying the game now because the game is working properly and that is to play out of region. I live in US and I started playing European servers and the game works beautifully most of the time. When I play in my region's servers I get lag, rubber banding, SERIOUS hit detection issues, bullet sponging, 1 hit kills with LMG's,shot behind cover and through walls, enemies magically appearing, spotting not working at all, and all the other frustrations that come along with this game right now. Try this the game actually incentivizes you to do so. That is a terrible thing to say and sad but it is true.
    Post edited by RichardPye843 on
  • Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I found a solution to my frustration and I am actually enjoying the game now because the game is working properly and that is to play out of region. I live in US and I started playing European servers and the game works beautifully most of the time. When I play in my region's servers I get lag, rubber banding, SERIOUS hit detection issues, bullet sponging, 1 hit kills with LMG's,shot behind cover and through walls, enemies magically appearing, and all the other frustrations that come along with this game. Try this the game actually incentivizes you to do so. That is a terrible thing to say and sad but it is true.

Where have you been? This has been common knowledge since the franchise practically started.
  • GoldenWrench67
    323 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I found a solution to my frustration and I am actually enjoying the game now because the game is working properly and that is to play out of region. I live in US and I started playing European servers and the game works beautifully most of the time. When I play in my region's servers I get lag, rubber banding, SERIOUS hit detection issues, bullet sponging, 1 hit kills with LMG's,shot behind cover and through walls, enemies magically appearing, and all the other frustrations that come along with this game. Try this the game actually incentivizes you to do so. That is a terrible thing to say and sad but it is true.

Where have you been? This has been common knowledge since the franchise practically started.

Back in the early days of BF it helped if you were downloading while playing the game. Its an exploit, but it's a sad fact. Remember lag switches? Yeah, I'm old.
  • Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nah man I was just messing around, I'm right there with you. **** that use lag switches...end up in ditches.
  • der_Metatron
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mischkag wrote: »
    It may be out of your control if anywhere between the clients end point and the server a packet congestion occurs and i am sure you would be very happy if you get disconnected in the middle of a match when that happens. I rather make sure it gets handled in a way that it is transparent to other players and does not have a negative effect on other players trying to kill this very clients soldier.

I get booted from matches anyway due to "lost Connection to EA-Online" no matter how stable my Connection is. Last Saturday the whole Squad was booted. So were is the difference getting booted without a real reason and getting booted with a reason?
  • GoldenWrench67
    323 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wasn't able to join a single match yesterday. Any modes? Someone mentioned a DDoS attack on EA. Any truth to that?
  • strombergs04
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am having Problems if:

Example: Map Suez, (or any Map with Houses), youre on the second Floor of a building that is half broken (walls being shot by a tank or sthg) and you clearly hit someone in the back with a Sniper Carbine, you (I) wont get a Hitmarker at all as if the Game thinks I am shooting a wall (which is not there).. I have a Clip recorded yesterday where I was shooting a non moving Sniper in the back from like 30 meters away four times without getting a marker - but got killed in action somehow :(
  • BOOG1EJUICE66
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Whatever was done in the last patch made hit detection worse. Now I shoot a guy right in front of me and get 0 hitmarkers. I go back and watch a clip of it and I was aimed dead center in their chest (at less than 5 m away) and also the guy took no damage. the fact that it happened with the same person more than once makes it obvious that certain players are being given an advantage in the game due to whatever reason.

• hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, after 3 or 4 instances of " something not right with that guy" should tell you something and the server should also pick up on "something not right with that guy" too and disconnect them. Many times it seems like I'm running a few seconds behind. Spot call outs give me a chuckle now...just when you think the spotting system is fubar, it calls your spot after the enemy is dead. Getting hit behind cover and getting killed by a millisecond per mag LMG is for the birds.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Have you tried turning the netgraph on while playing?
  • der_Metatron
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe someone can explain the Problem wich occured in this Video (next to the end). A room is Empty, the Enemy is unspottet. He is not in the corner, because the corner is to small and suddenly warps like a T1000 through the wall an melees me. How can crap like that happen?

https://account.xbox.com/de-de/gameclip/b5dcb61c-cc42-4c93-b65e-7c2a3d15488c?gamerTag=der Metatron&scid=72010100-7d7f-4105-b34e-3ec552a4c121
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don´t get me wrong, it is the best BF Game since BC2 and I like it a lot, the overall technical experience is pretty good. And I really appreciate the time you take to answer here. Also it is awesome to hear, that you are willing to make improvements to this great game.

I made small clip last night wich sums it up pretty good I guess
    https://account.xbox.com/de-de/gameclip/dee54156-7a6e-44b8-a541-1c89aed613ff?gamerTag=der Metatron&scid=72010100-7d7f-4105-b34e-3ec552a4c121

The interesting Part is starting at 00:18, before that it is **** aim on my account.

Hunter Model 10 close range Hip fire, that usually is doing the Trick. Enemy gets around the corner, I shoot first (the Animation is there), the shot is a llittle bit off center, but at least should generate some Hit Markers. I am one shotted, due to not being on full Health (wich is fine). Killcam shows that the enemy has still 100 % and THAT should be not possible

For me it does not look like problems with damage calculation, rather it looks like he was way more to the left from my point of view. I only cann guess that this had something to do with his client to Server connection wich was not able to send my Client the correct data in time.

I only play on EU Servers and I bet if the rentals Servers had any chance of blocking High Pingers or OOR Players the community would appreciate that.

As soon as that player left the game "Hit detection" was spot on again.

You were dead before you shot even though it showed you shoot.
  • der_Metatron

You were dead before you shot even though it showed you shoot.

Nonetheless crap Hit Detection.