Are famous battlefield YouTubers ruining the franchise?

TheStrategist242
239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited July 2016
Do you believe that the famous YouTubers getting involved in the deployment process will ruin the franchise? Because I'm not gonna lie to me it seems like they had big time involvement in hard-line like level cap and that game was terrible they did all the things he liked and it made it a less fun game trying to be like counterstrike.

Comments

• 9lGHT
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some brought in COD stuff. I agree.
  • CrazyGI1998
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. They often bring in a lot of blind followers who believe that anyone who points out flaws in the game as a "hater" or "whiner". You can't even make a recommendation that would genuinely make the game better without everyone screaming "It hasn't been released yet, stop whining!" Or "Battlefield isn't supposed to be a simulator, go play Verdun!"
  • HCAR_HCAR_HCAR
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ea is the biggest reason.
  • wwishie
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    The problem with listening with some of the better Youtube players is that they represent the top 1% of the BF players. It is in the Youtuber's best interest to make suggestions to DICE to change game mechanics that would enhance their the abilities and playstyles regardless of what the other 99% think of the changes and irregardless if these changes actually make the game more fun and attractive to the rest of the player base.
  • J3yD
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Ruining it's subjective. EA Is really trying to please the majority of people. Not only the hardcore players. That's the reality. It's a business too.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ea is the biggest reason.

• ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    edited July 2016
    I am part of this, too... not sure how you can say we are ruining anything. We give suggestions, and the devs decide if they like them or not. They don't change everything we say
  • Peccath
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The biggest Youtubers play almost exclusively as infantry and often in the smaller game modes. Usually BF3 was their first BF game... Their opinion means nothing to me. Xfactor is the only one among them that plays the game diversely.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They aren't just listening to big youtubers, they are listening to the community, so if you want to be heard, speak up.
  • SyfruitCamelia
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2016
    all these "pro" youtubers are garbage and play TDM or Locker only in nitpicked clips against non 140s

Xfactor and his awful clan don't play on my rush server anymore because we trash him. Levelcap too just left when there were simply too many 140s on the enemy team and he got killed too many times and couldn't have a good film reel.

they don't even provide remotely relevant or useful information to the vast majority of us who play infantry and vehicles in large maps
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol, which pros are those? Who are the lockers only YouTube celebs?
  • TacticulBacon
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How exactly did they ruin anything again? Because they make youtube videos and Dice decided to let them play their games and leave feedback for marketing purposes?

Sounds to me like there's a bunch of losers here who don't like the fact that people can be relatively successful by playing video games.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I'm not a famous YouTuber but if you believe some on these forums, that's not stopping me from "ruining BF" lol. :)
  • SyfruitCamelia
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    How exactly did they ruin anything again? Because they make youtube videos and Dice decided to let them play their games and leave feedback for marketing purposes?

Sounds to me like there's a bunch of losers here who don't like the fact that people can be relatively successful by playing video games.

they ruin market perception

the vast majority of battlefield players listen to the advice of bad players who spout misinformation, and as a result skew the statistical data that the devs get with their horrible gameplay

the truth is that none of those "pro" youtubers even play on servers against 140s

• KingTolapsium
    Who? You jealous of people finding success in things they enjoy? What are you raving about?
  • SyfruitCamelia
    Who? You jealous of people finding success in things they enjoy? What are you raving about?

rofl jealous of trash players?

not really

they need to stop making videos
  • KingTolapsium
    Magestic Forum Warrior, look at you so brash and bold. Hair in the wind, head up your bum. Magestic.
  • onkruid26
    590 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

the vast majority of battlefield players listen to the advice of bad players who spout misinformation, and as a result skew the statistical data that the devs get with their horrible gameplay

the truth is that none of those "pro" youtubers even play on servers against 140s

Lucky enough you dont have to be pro at a video game to break trough on Youtube or Twitch or what ever else, you need to be entertaiming and give your opinion on the games mechanics and alot off youtubers and streamers are doing a great job providing how little info they have to work with at the moment.

Alot is going on in BF1 dev, of course there will be misinformation its alpha/beta season at the moment.

Hell there will be a ton misinformation during the first few weeks of release aswell as everyone is discovering the full games arsenal.

• Smaisteri
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If they take the latest of LevelCaps feedback into consideration when balancing out Battlefield 1, it will end up being a better game.
  • SyfruitCamelia
    Sno0bs wrote: »

Lucky enough you dont have to be pro at a video game to break trough on Youtube or Twitch or what ever else, you need to be entertaiming and give your opinion on the games mechanics and alot off youtubers and streamers are doing a great job providing how little info they have to work with at the moment.

Alot is going on in BF1 dev, of course there will be misinformation its alpha/beta season at the moment.

Hell there will be a ton misinformation during the first few weeks of release aswell as everyone is discovering the full games arsenal.

it's not about being "pro"

it's about not pretending you're good

it's about playing battlefield the way it was meant to be, large scale with vehicles, not just infantry and locker

it's about not spreading lies and garbage for youtube views and likes
This discussion has been closed.