Major Update Flaw! | Flickering & Blinking - updates in OP | #SLIMATTERS

TrollFarmer
381 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
edited November 2016
DO NOT PLAY WITH FLICKERING IT CAN DAMAGE YOUR SCREEN
Someone has reported permanent burn in and has show pictures of the aftermath. DO NOT RISK YOUR MONITOR/TV!!!

I read every post and update when ever i can, i cant be on the PC 24/7. A lot of the discussion has been addressed in this first post please read this first.

After doing update and starting up game my game is now flickering BAD!!!. Most of the time its just the text but on certain maps everything flickers. The Game is really unplayable like this. Please watch the video at the bottom to see what a lot of users are experiencing.

This Issue is affecting the following users;
1.) NVIDIA SLI Users
2.) AMD Crossfire Users
3.) NVIDIA GFX cards that have 2 GPU's on a single card.
4.) AMD GFX cards that have 2 GPU's on a single card.

Possible Fix:(from other users - will only put possible fixes that have been shown to work for multiple users not just one)
1.) Turn off SLI

Another possible fix, not fully tested:
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/60726/attention-nvidia-geforce-sli-users-concerning-flickering-try-this-to-see-if-it-works-for-you#latest

!!!TURNING ON DX12 DISABLES SLI!!!
Rolling back drivers is not a FIX (i have tried 8 different ones my self)

System Specs
GPU: DUAL GTX 1080 SLI
Driver: DRIVER: 375.86 (i have at least tried 5 different sets of drivers)
Sync: GYSNC monitor with it turned on
Please post at least the minimum information above when replying in this thread to make it easier for dev's.

I will update this main post for possible solutions that have been confirmed to be working for more than one user.

This is an update someone posted by no means does it Mean it will get resolved quicker. It took weeks for last patch. Keep reporting this issue to twitter, facebook,bug tracker and keeping this thread alive.

Responses from EA or DICE Workers
Patch will take a few weeks

User conversation with TRIGGR about not putting bad patch out

Latest Updates from tiggr

Forth Update from EA

Third Update From EA (SLI worked Alpha, Beta, last patch, and yesterday it broke... please explain)

Second Update From EA

First Update From EA

NVIDIA is tracking Issue
This shows that they are aware of it and know that it was caused by update but are willing to work with EA/DICE to fix.
d0b7028dc82da35511eedf3bce2af687.png

There is also a Thread on NVIDIA talking about issue:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/976636/geforce-drivers/official-375-86-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-11-15-16-/post/5018568/#5018568

This is ballroom blitz after the patch. This is not as bad as it was in a full server!!!

Note to Dev's:
Any dev's that read this i more than volunteer my self, my computer and my time to be a test dummy for any upcoming hot fixes to address this new issue.
Post edited by TrollFarmer on

Comments

• FookDat
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Reinstall your VCredist files in the installation folder.. and did you reboot your pc after installing the 2GB update?
  • BigF33t_13
    6600 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2016
    I just started the download. If you have issues, post your specs. Mine's 1.61gb
  • TrollFarmer
    edited November 2016
    FookDat wrote: »
    Reinstall your VCredist files in the installation folder.. and did you reboot your pc after installing the 2GB update?

2 restarts did not fix did a repair on that installed u talked about no luck. text still flashes cant read anything.
  • D5RAT
    1996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AMD or Nvidia card ?
  • TrollFarmer
    edited November 2016
    @D5RAT

Dual NVIDIA GTX 1080 SLI
  • JIXXUS
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's happening to me as well. I believe it's an SLI issue that wasn't there before. 980s in SLI
  • FuelPump_6008
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Are you running SLI or CrossFire? My friend had the same issue with flickering text in the game menu, he has GTX750 SLI, flickering disappeared after SLI disabled.
  • TimSad
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I also am now getting flickering on all the menu text after this update.
  • TrollFarmer
    no fps performance increase in campaign mode SO SAD!!!!
  • TrollFarmer
    SoC-TimSad wrote: »

are u on SLI?
  • TimSad
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

are u on SLI?

I am. SLI GTX 1080's
  • TrollFarmer
    edited November 2016

are u on SLI?

I am. SLI GTX 1080's

were sli flickering brothers, lol same cards.

What sucks worse i see no performance increase in single player. maybe multiple be better.
  • TimSad

are u on SLI?

I am. SLI GTX 1080's

What sucks worse i see no performance increase in single player. maybe multiple be better.

I just disabled SLI and you are right. No flickering with SLI disabled.
  • TrollFarmer

are u on SLI?

I am. SLI GTX 1080's

I just disabled SLI and you are right. No flickering with SLI disabled.

that's awesome we have a $700 paperweight now for bf1.
  • TrollFarmer
    Any non SLI users have this?
  • FISHY12542
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Non sli 970 player here. No flickering.
  • TrollFarmer
    edited November 2016
    Now EA will blame this sli issue on nvidia even though it was not there before.
  • Michelobeyyour
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Flickering here too with SLI
  • Artanis79
    64 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can confirm with my SLI 1080's flickering stops if you disable SLI, but that's not really an option for 3440x1440 res :\
  • TrollFarmer
    edited November 2016
    Artanis79 wrote: »
    Can confirm with my SLI 1080's flickering stops if you disable SLI, but that's not really an option for 3440x1440 res :\

we have same monitor i bet, ACER x34. and yes 3440x1440 needs sli to get the 100fps.

Check your RES scale because after update it set mine to %150.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!