What happened with the graphics? Edit: DICE is aware of this issue and investigating it.

Nimphas
112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2016
The graphics looks completely different like it was before the patch. It was way more beautiful. I play on ultra settings, it was beautiful, and now it looks like medium. So the graphics optimization means they just made the graphics uglier so everybody got higher fps? Im very disappointed with the graphics now, compared before the patch.
Post edited by Nimphas on

Comments

• 1Thrax
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    looks same thing here, are you guys sure it isnt placebo?
  • TheNoobPolice
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Well that's what "optimisation" is - they reduce load on the engine so it runs better.

I always laugh when people think there is some "magic" in the code than can get you something for nothing. When have you ever heard of that in life?

It's just the best optimisation, does it in ways you don't notice. Things like complex varying LOD on distant textures are a fantastic example of this.

It seems on this occasion, the things they have lowered to gain performance, you have noticed. The best advice is to not go looking for it.

• Raging_Matrix_
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    game was beautiful wtf did they do
  • JiggleWang
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1Thrax wrote: »
    looks same thing here, are you guys sure it isnt placebo?

I don't think so. Looks like textures resolution was reduced and they added fxaa to everything, even with AA turned off. I can't get any clarity with the image. looks like I'm running 900p on a 1440p monitor.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Performance is alot worse here too.
    More on the spot loading, creating dips to 45 fps, never had that before, playing on medium.

WTF
  • BigF33t_13
    6600 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I honestly didn't notice any difference in graphics or performance. I could run the game with my frames uncapped. Granted, I only had time to play a couple rounds after the patch went live. I guess I'll see more tonight.
  • JiggleWang
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly didn't notice any difference in graphics or performance. I could run the game with my frames uncapped. Granted, I only had time to play a couple rounds after the patch went live. I guess I'll see more tonight.

Very noticeable on a 1440p monitor
  • bossmissy
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yes something does not look right way more blur 144hz 1440p ips panel
  • Nimphas
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Very noticeable on a 1440p monitor

Its very noticable in 1080p monitor too. Some people just didn't notice it for some reason. But my eyes are very sensitive for this kinda stuff.
  • mr_ako74
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    agree it looks considerably worse and runs worse too, wtf...
  • Stunl3y
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well that's what "optimisation" is - they reduce load on the engine so it runs better.

I always laugh when people think there is some "magic" in the code than can get you something for nothing. When have you ever heard of that in life?

It's just the best optimisation, does it in ways you don't notice. Things like complex varying LOD on distant textures are a fantastic example of this.

It seems on this occasion, the things they have lowered to gain performance, you have noticed. The best advice is to not go looking for it.

Thats great if the game runs better but now it runs worse , my game is a juddery flickering mess , there is one thing tweaking things to get a performance boost there is another tweaking it and causes nothing but problems
  • FINALxB
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    The typical downgrade effect.
  • IXCavyXI
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Greeeeat now ANOTHER month of a horrible game
  • knivarn
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    yeah the few moments my eyes could handle the flickering from the now broke SLI it looked like i was running 800x600 >_<
  • PuRePIaY
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    game was beautiful wtf did they do

Not only that it also ran better.. FPS is now shocking.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!