What happened with the graphics? Edit: DICE is aware of this issue and investigating it.

Comments

• ill_help
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    UP.
    We need a fix for 90's graphics asap.
  • XAngelWings
    176 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ya. people said it looks the same. only people that play on medium would say that. the game was amazing on ultra now its not. they really need to fix it. its kinda a game breaker for me. I play this game not just for gameplay but mostly how good it looks .
  • Arrogant_Amigo
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Look at the below areas I highlighted from each image posted a few pages back of the same Argonne spot, Pre and Post patch. To my eyes (view full-size), the Post-Patch screenshot;
    • clearly lacks tessellation on muddy terrain path -- see bottom left highlighted area
    • lacks previous (pre-patch) anisotropic filtering/textures -- see far right highlight on rock formation textures
    • terrain quality/decoration lowered, notice missing foliage and plants -- see top left highlight above the muddy path
    • HBAO/shadow resolution or shadow-draw distance lowered, notice cluster of plants -- see middle highlight above weapon

Not accounting for the weather difference (which is not a graphical downgrade, just merely a sunny vs. somewhat cloudy scene), the visuals were clearly tweaked, whether intentionally or unintentionally, to achieve better performance optimization. Glad DICE have acknowledged issue via Twitter and are taking a look at the issue.

Pre-Patch, credited to Jumpy-B-L who found it on Reddit
    di1XS9H.jpg
    http://imgur.com/di1XS9H

Post-Patch, credited to St0ffifee
    yB517GL.jpg
    http://imgur.com/yB517GL
  • Farnsworth1983
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ya. people said it looks the same. only people that play on medium would say that. the game was amazing on ultra now its not. they really need to fix it. its kinda a game breaker for me. I play this game not just for gameplay but mostly how good it looks .

I play on Ultra @1600p w/120% texture res. Looks the same to me.
  • cdub4784
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's weird that after 7 pages of patch notes nowhere did I read about lowering quality, or removing enhancements. Thanks for being true to the fans who have made this game what it is... or was.
  • Raptor_i81
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bring the graphics of pre-patch I didn't get more fps after the patch and I don't want to get more fps only to get the graphics downgraded , I play on ultra and it was great now it seems like it's on high and I didn't change my settings , we need a word from DICE , I only bought BF1 because the way it plays and looks in beta .
  • BBTS_one
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    this topic made me paranoid.. so i checkt my settings today and made some pics

1080p, ultra settings, res 100 %, post patch
    I7 2600k @ 4.2, Inno3D GeForce GTX 780 iChill HerculeZ X3, 16GB Ram 1600 mhz, samsung ssd
    driver : 375.63
    note : the first pic shows different weather conditions .

[img][/img]battlefield11wciq0my2dj.png
    [img][/img]battlefield119lks60z3yx.png
    [img][/img]battlefield11dbw8ajrevq.png
    [img][/img]battlefield119qp7v80uf6.png
    [img][/img]battlefield118tgwukp0es.png
    [img][/img]battlefield115om43kahfd.png
    [img][/img]battlefield11vp4l5ydq6g.png
    [img][/img]battlefield11u8ntk9xhoq.png
    [img][/img]battlefield115o8f3mabus.png
    [img][/img]battlefield113fjqsupwcy.png
    [img][/img]battlefield11fh3nmesodg.png
    [img][/img]battlefield11lmfhgaswot.png

Post edited by BBTS_one on
  • GabrielNeute
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm gettin low draw distance from the objects and textures details of the maps , it's from the patch same issue ? when i get close to them the details appears , when far , they miss .
  • c_swisher_R6
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I started noticing mainly ground textures in the distance get blurry recently. You can really tell something is different playing on Monte Grappa especially, where the surrounding rock and ground surfaces some distance away from you seem very low detailed. I've always been playing on ultra.
  • Gronfuzius
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I started noticing mainly ground textures in the distance get blurry recently. You can really tell something is different playing on Monte Grappa especially, where the surrounding rock and ground surfaces some distance away from you seem very low detailed. I've always been playing on ultra.

This, plus lighting and shadows are broken for me (all ultra)
  • Taugz
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ragnarr360 wrote: »
    and DICE of course is sleeeping on tih,s or whatver. They should reply immeadetly - ASAP. but instead no one is here from them on the forums. Its so crazy. f k them. Dont tell me to calm down. Hundreds of ppl writing here, but they dont do ..... - On reddit sometimes, but RARELY you can see some answer, but not on tihse one.
    THATS WHAT I CALL A SUPPORT. Who are them anyway. They keep you waiting, and no one knows a damn thing. Unbeliavable.
    Now people cant play again for who knows how much time. days, weeks, months? NO FREAKING WAY. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE

They're the ones who need to PTFO. Cmon DICE. Get your **** together!
  • Rand0mDeaths
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Looks like time for CTE again if we are going back to the days of 75 fixes and 60 new bugs per patch!
  • UteUncleBarryyyy
    543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is this the same crap they pulled with BF4?

(which was never fixed btw)
  • xcasxcursex
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Since I feel it was lost in the thread I'll say this again: I have gigabytes of pre-patch footage from testing antialiasing. If someone tells me what we are trying to compare here, I'll come back with definitive before-and-after shots. I need to know what you're actually saying the problem is. Not "it's blurry" or something vague, but a specific description so I can compare them directly.
    pHill-Ace wrote: »
    Is this the same crap they pulled with BF4?

(which was never fixed btw)

I mentioned this recently on symthic and it was pointed out to me that this is not what it appears to be: Apparently the game goes crazy when you change terrain decoration settings, and adds more terrain decoration than intended. That's what this video shows.
  • Nimphas
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @CaptaPraelium This explains everything.

Look at the below areas I highlighted from each image posted a few pages back of the same Argonne spot, Pre and Post patch. To my eyes (view full-size), the Post-Patch screenshot;
    • clearly lacks tessellation on muddy terrain path -- see bottom left highlighted area
    • lacks previous (pre-patch) anisotropic filtering/textures -- see far right highlight on rock formation textures
    • terrain quality/decoration lowered, notice missing foliage and plants -- see top left highlight above the muddy path
    • HBAO/shadow resolution or shadow-draw distance lowered, notice cluster of plants -- see middle highlight above weapon

Not accounting for the weather difference (which is not a graphical downgrade, just merely a sunny vs. somewhat cloudy scene), the visuals were clearly tweaked, whether intentionally or unintentionally, to achieve better performance optimization. Glad DICE have acknowledged issue via Twitter and are taking a look at the issue.

Pre-Patch, credited to Jumpy-B-L who found it on Reddit
    di1XS9H.jpg
    http://imgur.com/di1XS9H

Post-Patch, credited to St0ffifee
    yB517GL.jpg
    http://imgur.com/yB517GL

• TheNorthFIN
    767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Where is the community manager.. has this been sent up to the Dev team? BF1 looks so watered down now it's horrible. Blurry, low res textures.
    New hotfix driver 375.95 didn't fix it either. Added nice black screen on the UI though lol.

They know about it - confirmed on Twitter.

Of course, Twitter.

Why post on your official forums and communicate properly with your customers when you can just flick a Tweet out every now and then and call it support.

And i thought their communication during Battlefront was bad...

Is it really such a bother to spend five minutes to at least post a link to a tweet, if posting full replies at the forums is so hard? I get it, Twitter is faster and easier to respond quickly, but not everyone uses it. This is not uncommon to have a lack of official information that the players have to dig out, when a single official post could stomp the speculations.
  • Gronfuzius
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Where is the community manager.. has this been sent up to the Dev team? BF1 looks so watered down now it's horrible. Blurry, low res textures.
    New hotfix driver 375.95 didn't fix it either. Added nice black screen on the UI though lol.

They know about it - confirmed on Twitter.

Of course, Twitter.

Why post on your official forums and communicate properly with your customers when you can just flick a Tweet out every now and then and call it support.

And i thought their communication during Battlefront was bad...

Is it really such a bother to spend five minutes to at least post a link to a tweet, if posting full replies at the forums is so hard? I get it, Twitter is faster and easier to respond quickly, but not everyone uses it. This is not uncommon to have a lack of official information that the players have to dig out, when a single official post could stomp the speculations.

A lot of companies go this way today. Many of them have official threads on reddit and so on. Just because some people don't want to read there doesn't mean, that there is no official information at all.
  • bulletsearl
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    What a mess. And without any reason!
    The GPU usage was never a problem. The game can look stunning even on midrange cards.
    Their job was to address CPU hammering, probably caused by unneccessary or unneccessarily often calculated stuff in multiplayer. Instead now some people lost most postprocessing? Just lol.
  • Nimphas
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What a mess. And without any reason!
    The GPU usage was never a problem. The game can look stunning even on midrange cards.
    Their job was to address CPU hammering, probably caused by unneccessary or unneccessarily often calculated stuff in multiplayer. Instead now some people lost most postprocessing? Just lol.

+1
  • Gronfuzius
    Hey, or maybe it's Denuvo messing up again. If i remember correctly GTA V suffered some performance issues from it aswell
This discussion has been closed.