Nerf the Heavy AT Grenade!

0Anesthetic4u
406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2016
This is supposed to be an anti tank weapon, but it gets hucked at infantry a hundred times more often.

It NEEDS to do 0 Splash damage.

It should only hurt what it hits.

It shouldn't be this well of "I HAVE INFINITE GRENADES HUR DUR!" It should be ONLY an anti Tank Weapon.

This would also make it more useful against tanks too.

I cant even begin to tell you the number of times I've been blown up by mo own grenade, because the tank was backing up towards me, or I was backed up against a wall and literally had the option of "Throw the Grenade and die, Or Die."

Comments

• sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You're a **** starter, I like you.
  • kekcroc
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If they nerf that, I'm going to miss my 'Eat my Impact, AT grenades, and every stick of dynamite I have' tactic when dealing with a medic trying to revive someone
  • Gozew
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Git gud OP
  • OGLSpade
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is how you sound, "The tank GRENADE needs to have no splash damage, even though it's like 5 GRENADES taped to each other." A grenade without explosive slash damage is like a stick, you throw it at the target to tickle them.
  • kekcroc
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    OGLSpade wrote: »
    you throw it at the target to tickle them.
    We have a legendary stick as a melee weapon, though
  • 0Anesthetic4u
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is how you sound, "The tank GRENADE needs to have no splash damage, even though it's like 5 GRENADES taped to each other." A grenade without explosive slash damage is like a stick, you throw it at the target to tickle them.

Balance trumps realism every time.

It already doesn't explode with half as much force as it would in real life.

You wouldn't be able to throw 9 grenades in one as far in real life.

You'd be able to throw dynamite MUCH further in real life.

You'd NEVER be shooting the Hellrigel in real life.

Balance > Realism.
  • xXWTFXxTHATGUY
    1171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is supposed to be an anti tank weapon, but it gets hucked at infantry a hundred times more often.

It shouldn't be this well of "I HAVE INFINITE GRENADES HUR DUR!" It should be ONLY an anti Tank Weapon.

I cant even begin to tell you the number of times I've been blown up by mo own grenade, because the tank was backing up towards me, or I was backed up against a wall and literally had the option of "Throw the Grenade and die, Or Die."

So you want a heavy anti tank grenades to do nothing to infantry. Grow up and get good at the game we don't need any more nerfs
  • 0Anesthetic4u

So you want a heavy anti tank grenades to do nothing to infantry. Grow up and get good at the game we don't need any more nerfs

On what planet do you think this game is Perfectly Balanced?

It still needs nerfs, it still needs buffs.

The heavy AT Grenade, should be an AT Grenade. Thats all it should be.
  • Gozew
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Horses wouldnt take AT nade to the face, or a bullet really...

The light tank would only go at 5mph as per real life. blah blah blah

It's balanced, stop being bad.
  • OGLSpade
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016

A grenade is a grenade, if people have them at there disposal they will use them, nothing can stop them from using them, it's like the AT Rocket Gun, it says AT in the name, but most people don't use them as intended, and I have no problem with that, same with the AT grenades, if I get kill from them say on Argonne Forest with no vehicles aside from the Behemoth, I won't care, because they are grenades. If you don't like dying from AT Grenades, throw them at the enemy yourself, when you get a kill with them you will be satisfied.
  • 0Anesthetic4u

A grenade is a grenade, if people have them at there disposal they will use them, nothing can stop them from using them, it's like the AT Rocket Gun, it says AT in the name, but most people don't use them as intended, and I have no problem with that, same with the AT grenades, if I get kill from them say on Argonne Forest with no vehicles aside from the Behemoth, I won't care, because they are grenades. If you don't like dying from AT Grenades, throw them at the enemy yourself, when you get a kill with them you will be satisfied.

The problem is that the Grenade Spam in this game is UNREAL.

Every where you go there are a thousand grenades flying in your direction.

It's just Gas, Gas, Gas, Stick, Stick, Stick, Incendiary, Incendiary, Incendiary, AT, AT, AT.

This would help curb that.
  • xXWTFXxTHATGUY
    1171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yeah ok so you just want it to damage tanks that really makes sense.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree. same problem with the rocketgun. they should do damage to infantry,but less then normal grenades,even if it doesn't make sense from a logical point of view. it's about balancing,assaults should hunt tanks with them,not waste them for infantry. If assaults would actually use their gadgets against vehicles we wouldn't see a single nerf tanks thread.
  • MiasmaGrowlmon
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get the point as it should not be something used vs infantry, though you should definitely be penalized for humping a tank to throw a grenade at it, of course you should kill yourself from that.
  • 0Anesthetic4u
    I get the point as it should not be something used vs infantry, though you should definitely be penalized for humping a tank to throw a grenade at it, of course you should kill yourself from that.

It's not like I'm trying to get that close, but when it's backing into me and my only hope is to disable it with a grenade, I'ma try that.

Rockets in previous BFs were not this dangerous to their users.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How much did the AT grenade weigh in real life? it is kinda crazy how far you can throw it only gripe I have with it though.
  • Rottery57
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Dude you only spawn with 1 grenade and unless you are a support class player which I'm guessing you're not(probably a sniper) like the 90% of community then it is totally irrelevant. No do not nerf it. In fact Dice, buff it and give us 2!

• 0Anesthetic4u
    edited November 2016
    Rottery57 wrote: »

Dude you only spawn with 1 grenade and unless you are a support class player which I'm guessing you're not(probably a sniper) like the 90% of community then it is totally irrelevant. No do not nerf it. In fact Dice, buff it and give us 2!

They already get two Heavy AT Nades you stooge.

And no. You get two Mini Grenades, and Two Gas grenades. Also grenades regen fast if you got a support there. The only game that ever rained more grenades then this one was Bad Company 1 (Why did everyone get like 8 grenades and like 12 grenade launcher rounds. Everyone was a human flippin mortar in that game.).