BF1 Airship Potential!

RedMotive
0 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield
I can't wait to see more of the airship in BF1. Can you move freely inside it? Are there on board fighter jets? Defense systems you can control from within the ship? An internal core you can destroy by boarding it? Weaknesses on the outside? So much potential!

Comments

• BlacKw0oD
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield
    If you start the game as a pilot? can you change back to a medic for example or you have to stay as a pilot until the end?
  • Frankenstein68
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Are there on board fighter jets? “

Well it’s set in WWI so I’m gonna say “no”....
  • YaKillinMeSmalls
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    > @Frankenstein68 said:
    > "Are there on board fighter jets? “
    >
    > Well it’s set in WWI so I’m gonna say “no”....

Maybe not JETS per se, but there were actually a number of dirigible designs that did indeed carry fighters.
    I forget whether those designs were created during the war or were only available post-war, though.
  • Marshennn
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    > @BlacKw0oD said:
    > If you start the game as a pilot? can you change back to a medic for example or you have to stay as a pilot until the end?

I think the game only automatically switches your kit to a pilot/tank kit once you hop inside a vehicle. Once you hop out tho, it will remain with you until you die or pick up a new kit.
  • RaNdOmKils666
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Fighter jets" what war you think this is o_O?
  • fluffi343
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    This is SPARTA!!! No this is ww1 there where no jets in that war
  • Avarik
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    > @Frankenstein68 said:
    > "Are there on board fighter jets? “
    >
    > Well it’s set in WWI so I’m gonna say “no”....

Maybe not JETS per se, but there were actually a number of dirigible designs that did indeed carry fighters.
    I forget whether those designs were created during the war or were only available post-war, though.
    Not really...there were tests with hooks and the like to try and repurpose zeppelins to carry and scramble fighter aircrafts. (If you played Crimson Skies, you might get the idea)
    These tests unfortunately shown how difficult, risky and dangerous aircraft operations from zeppelins were and the plans were ultimately cancelled.

Similarly, the USSR has tried something similar during WW2 using I-16 Ishak fighters as parasite aircrafts, deployed from a TB-3 "Mothership". Like the zeppelin carriers, the plans were again ultimately cancelled, but the design have actually been used operationally for a limited time.
  • State0fFear
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I imagine the airships will just have positions to drop bombs, mount turrets to combat planes, and mount recoilless rifles to shoot at ground targets.