This Week in Battlefield V

Coming soon to the rent-a-server program

Px-Progdogg
442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
It's pretty fair to say that the RSP in its current state is pretty bland, lacking features and really quite worthless. This is only a beta so please do not pay for a server if you are expecting anything more than very basic customisation. There are a lot of features being worked on. Its safe to say the feedback for RSP's looks very very bad in its current state so again I urge you to either wait to get one or you have no one to blame but yourself.

When these features are implemented I am sure the RSP will do our expectations justice, just reading this list is encouraging for me. It is a shame that the RSP's have been released and that they are full price, speak with your wallet and wait until they are worth paying for.

CxV6ziVXgAEmxWy.jpg

Comments

• -3D-Pix
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Which subreddit is that under?
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    -3D-Pix wrote: »
    Which subreddit is that under?

Pokemon GOoooOOOoo.
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • Px-Progdogg
    5k588w.png

My hype has somewhat re-intensified.....
  • NO_PLANE_4_U
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Does administration control mean we can ban cheaters and other non desirable players?
  • Px-Progdogg
    Does administration control mean we can ban cheaters and other non desirable players?

Yes, as confirmed on twitter.

• Slashette
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    are we going to be able to have a hardcore server that is NOT custom??? cause if not its useless for clans to rent servers
    we will never get anyone in???
  • Slashette
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    also what is really sad is DICE is replying to people in REDDIT but not one person will give us any info in the REAL battlefield forums??? so why is that????
  • Px-Progdogg
    Slashette wrote: »
    are we going to be able to have a hardcore server that is NOT custom??? cause if not its useless for clans to rent servers

There are plenty of full servers on BF4 that are custom, 95% of all servers I play on BF4 are custom (60% health). Furthermore it was stated by Ali Hassoon that custom games will have their own matchmaking traffic. Currently Custom servers are receiving standard matchmaking traffic but I am sure this will be altered to have its own matchmaking.
  • SouIjah
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yes. My biggest gripe so far is that unless the masses are adept at multiplayer filter adjustment the custom servers simply wont fill. A Hardcore preset might help, but how about TRUE hardcore (ie 60% health rather than 200% bullet damage) as an option? It's early and things are running relatively smooth so keep up the good work and thanks for a fun playable game on release.
  • Px-Progdogg

11waiw0.png
  • Px-Progdogg
    also what is really sad is DICE is replying to people in REDDIT but not one person will give us any info in the REAL battlefield forums??? so why is that????

It is sad, but unfortunately Reddit has a bigger community than the forums, this is why there is a community manager, I would assume he is supposed to report these things to the community here. Also if you follow Ali Hassoon on Twitter you will be able to see the information he is releasing as he releases it.

It's still a good thing that he (and other DICE officials) are interacting with the community even if it is on reddit, a lot of companies don't directly ask the community anything and the fact they ARE listening and trying to implement as much of what we want as possible is awesome imo.
  • Slashette
    i dont have twitter and never used reddit till literaly last night lol
  • Slashette

11waiw0.png

NO i dont want matchmaking I want people to be able to find my server in the server browser! and NOT by my server name!
  • Px-Progdogg

11waiw0.png

NO i dont want matchmaking I want people to be able to find my server in the server browser! and NOT by my server name!

I agree with that, they should be searchable in the filter similar to Battlelog. Perhaps they will do that, not sure. Would be good to get some response from DICE about these things, they seem to be responding more so on Twitter and Reddit than anywhere else.

@Braddock512 @Striterax @mutekimaigo
  • undead77
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    I hope they don't expect people to wait another month for 'admin control' to be patched in, that's just silly. This is something that should be here today, now. It's pretty inexcusable the way this silly rent a server program has been from the start.
  • Slashette
    couldnt agree more Dead... this is awful for us clans that have been around since day 1 with them...I dont want a custom server, i want real hardcore with a server browser, not them putting us in a matchmaking game...just not right what they have done to the community
  • Px-Progdogg
    couldnt agree more Dead... this is awful for us clans that have been around since day 1 with them...I dont want a custom server, i want real hardcore with a server browser, not them putting us in a matchmaking game...just not right what they have done to the community

It's quite simple really. Don't give them your money until these things are implemented. Most of what you have complained about is coming soon and it has been stated prior to release that it is coming soon. If you want to be found in the server browser without searching by name that is something you need to take up with DICE I would recommend sending a tweet to Ali Hassoon on twitter as he is the RSP guy or start a thread about that specifically.

This is a feature that I too want but complaining and saying you are entitled to "X" because you have been there from the start is not the way to go about it. DICE have done more for the community than any other major AAA developer I can think of, they are listening and have directly asked the community for feedback specifically for the purpose of giving us what we want not what "they think" we want.

You can argue all you want but the RSP is a work in progress and currently in beta, if you are not happy with it currently don't blindly give them your money then get annoyed about it when you didn't research what you were paying for.
  • Krackakoon
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You can argue all you want but the RSP is a work in progress and currently in beta, if you are not happy with it currently don't blindly give them your money then get annoyed about it when you didn't research what you were paying for.

This is the most intelligent thing ive read in this entire forum.. but alas lemmings cant read and follow the masses..
  • Slashette

It's quite simple really. Don't give them your money until these things are implemented. Most of what you have complained about is coming soon and it has been stated prior to release that it is coming soon. If you want to be found in the server browser without searching by name that is something you need to take up with DICE I would recommend sending a tweet to Ali Hassoon on twitter as he is the RSP guy or start a thread about that specifically.

This is a feature that I too want but complaining and saying you are entitled to "X" because you have been there from the start is not the way to go about it. DICE have done more for the community than any other major AAA developer I can think of, they are listening and have directly asked the community for feedback specifically for the purpose of giving us what we want not what "they think" we want.

there was nothing to search for, they didnt give us an answer at all, they said we will get servers, never gave us a date nothing