Hardcore Team Killing

Rubinoid26
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So I remember in BF4 how during a Hardcore mode, if you team kill one too many times, you're penalized and booted from the server. It seems as if the Hardcore modes for BF1 have no penalty whatsoever other than giving a person a slightly negative point score. There needs to be something done considering more and more people are turning around and killing their own team rather than actually playing the game.

Comments

• maggotforl133
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hear you. I played 4 or 5 games earlier and had negative k/d in all but one because teammates would shoot me in the back, and/or hit me while trying to kill another teammate. I'm not saying all my deaths were from TK, but in a couple of my matches more than half were. I understand the occasional grenade that you would throw over a building and nail a team mate, but when it's intentional it's just annoying.
  • Rubinoid26
    I had a dude one round when we started, turned around with his shotgun and just unloaded on the entire team. Then another match started and as I'm running toward the first objective I get sniped by a teammate. To make that worse was a medic revived me and the teammate killed me again!

The serious load time to view a profile and try to report people is also a pain. BF4 needs some sort of report function in-game for crap like that.
  • Dr_Demento32
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i will tell you now there seems to be no penalty for team killing. ( I spent a whole match just executing my own squad mates who were all sniping at the very back of the map) Its a bit of a pain in the ****. I do think in a good week or two players will get use to knowing what the enemy looks like.
    some people can be a little bit trigger happy in CQC.
  • TNC420
    341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So you mean i can pretend im getting revenge on every medic and support who never aided me? ;)
  • DisfunkD86
    696 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TNC420 wrote: »
    So you mean i can pretend im getting revenge on every medic and support who never aided me? ;)

lmao

i have had a little demon on my shoulder try tempt me in to sniper hill humping TK mass murder ;D as for medics who just dont revive , i feel they deserve to die.

i have accidentally tked 3 times so far the funniest one was i was lining on a scoped shot i was in that little house on E, F side on amiens next to tracks near D. i had my sights on his dome and as i shot this moron walked infront on me and had his skull caved in from behind. i was so close to just leaving his stupid **** laying there.... but i revived him
  • diablo944
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have done far too many home team kills. When trying to identify who is my team and who is an enemy on the fly, i found myself getting killed too often, maybe i am just not fast enough to ensure its a safe kill with the marker showing up too late to save the guy i shoot at. Shoot first ask questions later was how i ended up playing.

I thought hardcore would be awesome, but last night i hated it. At times the maps are feeling too small. The deathmatch sized maps keeping you fighting in and around buildings are showing the lack of fast team marker to be a crucial point in my not killing my own guys.

I still miss bfbc.

• xXWTFXxTHATGUY
    1171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can still spot enemies on hardcore but it only gives you an audio que ( thats an enemy medic) and so on.
  • d3mon5280
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was kicked yesterday.
    I think it was at 7.
    I had accidentally killed 2 guys but a grenade meant to be thrown thru a window banked back in and dusted at least 5 of us. Great graphics ftr.
    I was kicked.
    I think points are still awarded for spots as well but, since I can't see what points I'm scoring there's no way to be sure. (Medal tracked and progressed.)
  • DisfunkD86
    696 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    im guessing this was in a DICE server ??
  • M0nkeyL0ver
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You will be kicked for teamkilling; it happened to my squadmate last night. It's somewhere around 7-10 TKs, but then you can come right back in to the server.

I found that if you hammer on the button for spotting constantly, it DOES highlight friendlies and give a class indication. When you spot an enemy it gives some sort of audible confirmation (usually in another language), but I don't believe you hear anything when a teammate is spotted, so keep that in mind.

I love the new HC mode, BTW :)
  • xXWTFXxTHATGUY
    1171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You will be kicked for teamkilling; it happened to my squadmate last night. It's somewhere around 7-10 TKs, but then you can come right back in to the server.

I found that if you hammer on the button for spotting constantly, it DOES highlight friendlies and give a class indication. When you spot an enemy it gives some sort of audible confirmation (usually in another language), but I don't believe you hear anything when a teammate is spotted, so keep that in mind.

I love the new HC mode, BTW :)

You only have to look at friendlies and it will briefly highlight them. You don't have to hit the spot button on friendlies
  • M0nkeyL0ver
    You only have to look at friendlies and it will briefly highlight them. You don't have to hit the spot button on friendlies

You don't HAVE to, but it helps at distance; I believe you have to be pretty close to them if you're not using the button. I could spot teammates from 0-75m or so pretty easily, whereas before I couldn't tell who they were or what uniform they were wearing.

• paulvickybishop
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    At the first flag capture at the start of the game just look at the helmet shape or team outfit your team are wearing and then shoot anything without that shape or outfit. Don't spam grenades. HC makes you work harder.
  • M0nkeyL0ver
    edited November 2016
    At the first flag capture at the start of the game just look at the helmet shape or team outfit your team are wearing and then shoot anything without that shape or outfit. Don't spam grenades. HC makes you work harder.

Exactly. Each team has a unique piece of headwear and a specific color. A lot of the uniforms have a specific patch that is one color, as well. Can't tell what someone is wearing when they're 50+ meters away? Go ADS on them and hit the spot button, which will let you immediately know who they are and what their role is...unless they're an enemy, of course, which gives you an audible report instead and no symbol over their head.
  • xXWTFXxTHATGUY

You don't HAVE to, but it helps at distance; I believe you have to be pretty close to them if you're not using the button. I could spot teammates from 0-75m or so pretty easily, whereas before I couldn't tell who they were or what uniform they were wearing.

Yeah at distance your probably correct.
  • M0nkeyL0ver

It took me a couple of matches before I realized how helpful this really is; as soon as I communicated that to the rest of the squad they were all like, "OMG, yes! Okay, now this is much better!". A tutorial video with a list of tips, this one included, would be really helpful for everyone, I think.

• xXWTFXxTHATGUY

It took me a couple of matches before I realized how helpful this really is; as soon as I communicated that to the rest of the squad they were all like, "OMG, yes! Okay, now this is much better!". A tutorial video with a list of tips, this one included, would be really helpful for everyone, I think.

Last night my first round of HC I spawned in a heavy tank and everyone in it was shooting everything that moved friendly or not after a minute I just jumped out I didn't wanna get blown up by teammates seeking revenge thinking I was involved to. But yes dice should at least make a tutorial video or a HC campaign mission to show people.
  • burtchnasty
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I accidentally killed some kid last night. I was a scout, he was a medic. I ran down the stairs, switched kit and revived him. He pulls his pistol out and drops me right there. He then proceeds to spawn on me 2-3 times and TK me. Yeah.
  • HITZallTARGETZ
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why doesn't it subtract point for team killing? Why isn't there a limit like hardline 5 TKs you get kicked? Why wasn't hardcore ready at launch like hardline feels like it's quantity over quality !
  • Rubinoid26
    It was a DICE server. And I feel like 7 is high considering it is just everyone on the team being dumb.

I used that mentality of seeing the outfits. VERY EASY when it's Germans vs anyone if you're German side: look for the pretty overcoats. Same the other way around: SHOOT the pretty overcoats.

I dunno. I just wish there was more to it than getting kicked and being allowed to come right back in. I liked Hardline and BF4 HC. If kids got their head out of their *** and didn't spam the shoot button on their own team, maybe it'd be nicer.