An Open Letter to Alexander Hassoon, Rent-A-Server Producer

Comments

• Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

As a law-student myself I feel obliged to tell you that this only works for the USA. Since we're dealing with the Sweden office (as far as I am aware) European Law applies which means we do not have such a thing. No it's easier, you can just start one and it will count for everyone once you push it to the European Courts.

Also I would have to look up how far Sweden is part of the EU. Which treaties they signed and which ones they didn't. As I recall Sweden not being 100% a member or I am mixing up with a different country.

as a law student, sir, you should know that if the product was sold here in the US, it is a case for US courts. same thing in reverse, Microsoft (US multinational company) sued in the EU for anti-trust violations. if Dice wishes to do business in the US, they will have to show up in court.

That would be true if it isn't a regular thing for US courts to make rulings take effect in the US. Most recent looking at the big case against NVidia which, despite being class action. Is limited to the US system. Yeah.... That's why I went in on it. Then again, international law would have to apply and in this case we would have to stick with copyright since international law has, when it comes to it, no actual legal basis. It's all on trust between countries :/
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Fraggle306 wrote: »

In a legal sense DICE is not legally responsible, but EA is. You bought your Product from EA and not from DICE, so US Law applies.

Not necessarily true :) In Short, yes it would be wise to sue the US office since it's where the huge main seal is located. But any main office would do. Important is where you buy the protect, not in which country the company is.

But to go on, what would be the point of doing this anyway. Let's be fair, apart from US' often weird rulings, there would be no gain. We opted voluntarily for this game as it is and what the company does/offers us is their and their choice only.

They could also go ahead and just ditch the game instantly and still be allowed to do so. All EA had to do is sell a decent product. Which, unfortunately in this case, they did.
  • StarscreamUK
    7183 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I REALLY suggest you cease talk of suing. We all know what it will mean.
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yea this is ridiculous guys, if you are unhappy just refund it, EA seem to be giving refunds without too much fuss. Talk of suing DICE over their beta RSP is really making me cringe. They released information on what you could do with the server prior to release.

Do what every other unhappy customer has done, refund. When more features/information is released you can reassess.
  • Tr3adst3r
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016

Because it may get picked up as a interested tidbit in main stream media?

Self Edit for being Salty..
    Post edited by Tr3adst3r on
  • Deity7777
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The idea of suing is ridiculous. There's no justification behind it. We all knew what we were getting when we rented - a very limited program for rental servers that offered no actual management.

Is it broken? Absolutely. Is it refundable? Maybe - go ask. Is it worth making a fuss about? Completely! We need actual management and we're pretty dog-gone pissed that we are given options that are antithetical to community in general.

Should anyone sue? No. But let us know how that works out... after you succeed in getting useful posts closed for going off-message.

Let's keep the conversation constructive and not devolve into idiocy over a game. They'll fix it if they want to get any money out of the communities they host. I'm hoping they do, and will. Maybe we'll all get lucky and they'll just say "Screw it, lets go back to the old RSP model" - I'd piddle.
  • spateri1
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Who complains about badmins? Join a different server, its not hard. Or get a second account...i have 6.
  • IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lol
    Have they actually realize that they are loosing extra royalties revenue from 3rd party rental providers?
  • StarscreamUK
    7183 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Treadster wrote: »

No because it is a guaranteed way to get the thread locked.
  • WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

As a law-student myself I feel obliged to tell you that this only works for the USA. Since we're dealing with the Sweden office (as far as I am aware) European Law applies which means we do not have such a thing. No it's easier, you can just start one and it will count for everyone once you push it to the European Courts.

Also I would have to look up how far Sweden is part of the EU. Which treaties they signed and which ones they didn't. As I recall Sweden not being 100% a member or I am mixing up with a different country.

as a law student, sir, you should know that if the product was sold here in the US, it is a case for US courts. same thing in reverse, Microsoft (US multinational company) sued in the EU for anti-trust violations. if Dice wishes to do business in the US, they will have to show up in court.

That would be true if it isn't a regular thing for US courts to make rulings take effect in the US. Most recent looking at the big case against NVidia which, despite being class action. Is limited to the US system. Yeah.... That's why I went in on it. Then again, international law would have to apply and in this case we would have to stick with copyright since international law has, when it comes to it, no actual legal basis. It's all on trust between countries :/

if US courts believe their petitioners have been "wronged" by an international company not based in the US but sells products in the US, they will bring them to court and as sa
    Treadster wrote: »

No because it is a guaranteed way to get the thread locked.

respectfully, sir, politely ask them to refund our money or give us an outline of the process to do so. what you're attempting to do here is sum it as follows: we sell an unfinished product admittedly/fans complain/fans get punished if complaining. don't want these threads or posts? ask them not to sell us crap. what do you suggest for the people who have paid for this?

LULZ
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Oh for Christ sake what obscure rule did someone violate now?
  • IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We still waiting for an answer.

This is what i got today.

Sawtooth75 · You've been warned.

Sawtooth75Sawtooth75 12:39PM
    Do not abuse the reporting system for reporting moderation comments.

Now we cannot report moderators.

I reported 1, but got warned instead. Watchout guys

• StarscreamUK
    NetRngr wrote: »

Oh for Christ sake what obscure rule did someone violate now?

It's common practice in litigation. If you make a legal intention to sue someone, discussion stops, any further discussion has to go via the legal representatives.

So if people continue to discuss taking legal action, the discussion will stop.

Rather than making out you are being wronged by me saying to stop, have you not considered the shocking fact that you know, I'm telling you this so the discussion stays live?
  • StarscreamUK
    respectfully, sir, politely ask them to refund our money or give us an outline of the process to do so. what you're attempting to do here is sum it as follows: we sell an unfinished product admittedly/fans complain/fans get punished if complaining. don't want these threads or posts? ask them not to sell us crap. what do you suggest for the people who have paid for this?

OR you could do like others have, and simply ask for your refund yourself.

IKKII wrote: »
    Now we cannot report moderators.

I reported 1, but got warned instead. Watchout guys

you can report moderators, but you cannot report a moderator for doing the job.
  • FrayedSew
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2016
    @StarscreamUK
    Rather than making out you are being wronged by me saying to stop, have you not considered the shocking fact that you know, I'm telling you this so the discussion stays live?
    I appreciate very much what you are trying to do. I also agree that going that route would take battlefield in the opposite direction than what we as a community wants.

However it does feel like too much is been hidden as to what status on work being done let alone what is even being considered to be done for the community.

It would be really nice to get some idea of what to expect in the coming weeks. I've always believed in the Battlefield series and i'm sure they will come out with something. Holding onto it in order to give a surprise isn't helping the negativity growing for the franchise.

Post edited by FrayedSew on
  • Porthos1973
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Striterax
    I think the biggest thing that is making so many frustrated is the fact that the game has been out this long and RSP wasn't ready from the start. You have to admit that is a big FAIL on DICE. If you can do everything you have mentioned then more power to you. I just hope you realize that the clock is ticking and if the most basic features like kick/ban and vip take to long them many of the franchises core player will move on.

Can you clarify that once things start to work, that if I have server set to official server setting I would get regular quick traffic? Would there be any admin privileges on it if still set to stock settings or would I have to use the new QM? I do like the fact you mentioned removing DICE servers from the browser. I had brought that up in one of my post since I do not know anyone that uses the browser to find a DICE server and they already get QM traffic. Any chance of the rented servers getting back QM as long as they are set to "Official" settings while everything else is worked on? As it is right now there is no reason to rent a server.

I really do hope you can come through with what you are promising us. I just hope it comes soon enough.

• -LANDOIE
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Striterax

Thanks for the answers.

QM back to servers with officials settings please!
  • Pitbruiser
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    @Striterax how soon, Ali?

I understand the vision, but we cannot see when.

We have bought the game and we are willing to pay for the servers, yet DICE does not give us the reason nor the tools to do it.

I, for one, am not expecting all of your work at once. But at least give us a little bit more, a little bit SOONER.
  • Jaskaman
    635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    @Striterax, first of all, thank you for the answers. Good ideas and comments. But there is always a but...Communities are waiting changes that should be there already. Communities/clans needs their own servers. Those functions should be there already. Communities have given you a big question lists that is still waiting for the answers and ETA. You talk about long term development, while I understand that too but PC-Communities have used to have working servers since the launch of the game (BC2, BF3, BF4 etc) when the interest to game is on it's highest. 3rd party providers gave us all and procon was a good tool to make different type of admins.
    Now with the current RSP there is only 1 admin (server owner) that can't even do anything. It's not enough. Basic things should be there already: 1) admin controls (kick/ban/move) 2) Vip slots 3) able to have a lot of admins with different Access levels to functions 4) server messages, descriptions, ping kickers 5) QM feed to servers 6) 4 player start and preplay. 7) able to set password protected servers (should be an option to rent a half a server (ie.32 slots))-These are the Basic needs, then we can go further. Then we can continue extending those things. These things I mentioned should be there By this month...Minimum 20 players for CQ or 30 to press spawn to start counter is just crazy....Seeing those things in the game makes me to think that this game was never meant to have RSP servers to play with, only official.... I could be wrong but there must be a reason for those high player count needs....Can't even preplay with less than 20 CQ players....
    (Btw:About your ideas about veteran BF player, they are kinda interesting, I have played BF games since BF 1942, BF2 being my all time favourite, my BF4 gaming hours 3778 hrs + 2 other accounts. BF1 already 112hrs. I could say I have some BF gaming experience. )

Also because we can't properly set mixed mode servers, it's making servers boring faster.... Also these high ping issues are making servers lagging, players with ping 200 + are destroying this battlefield gaming experience from the low ping players. Hit boxes are not there where they should be etc.

Btw: when Operations can be set to RSP and found from server browser?
    Post edited by Jaskaman on
This discussion has been closed.