My feedback on the new Forums.

No1StingerUserUK
171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
We need the Origin Friends List Pane complete with Private Chats.

The format needs to be improved. There's too much padding everywhere and it's difficult to decipher what's a title/link/body text, where one section ends and another begins, etc...

Battlelog Integration? The ability to seamlessly toggle between the Forums and the rest of Battlelog is kind of a big reason the forums are so active. Despite the forums becoming much quieter over the last 12-18 months they're still way more active than most other niche communities.

Comments

• HonestSoul333
    1310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree with all the above.

Also, how about that 120 seconds in between posts? I understand it is to cut down on spam, but that was never a problem on regular battlelog to begin with :|
    Now i could understand like 30 seconds or 60, but 2 minutes is really way too long. And the fact that it stacks, makes it worse. If you try to post before that two minutes is up, well buddy you got to wait ANOTHER 2 minutes....

Stuff like this makes this forum a pain to use... I cant say I will ever fell at home here unless stuff like this is dealt with.
  • No1StingerUserUK
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Also, how about that 120 seconds in between posts?
    I can't say I've run into that yet. It was on the old forums but it was way less than 2 minutes. More like 20 seconds, if that. It was irritating enough then, sometimes you just want to reply to two threads quickly.
  • T0TALfps
    413 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1
    Thank you for this feedback, I shall be sure to pass it along to the team soon :)
  • Hessuniemii
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm always using BBCODE to color my links to Cyan :3

A tiny piece inside of me dies every time i notice a typo in my post and 1hour Edition deadline has gone over c:
  • Sir-xer21
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I agree with all the above.

Also, how about that 120 seconds in between posts? I understand it is to cut down on spam, but that was never a problem on regular battlelog to begin with :|
    Now i could understand like 30 seconds or 60, but 2 minutes is really way too long. And the fact that it stacks, makes it worse. If you try to post before that two minutes is up, well buddy you got to wait ANOTHER 2 minutes....

Stuff like this makes this forum a pain to use... I cant say I will ever fell at home here unless stuff like this is dealt with.

agreed. thats ridiculous.

30 seconds is plently. and it shouldnt stack.

at least show a timer or something so i dont accidentally reset the timer when i jump the gun by 5 seconds.
  • JacobtheSmartGuy
    960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I like how it says who's online
  • Braddock512
    1074 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Good feedback.

Thanks everyone.

One of the reasons for the time is the fact that on this forum, you can post right after yourself, unlike Battlelog. We've already seen a bit of that in some threads.

I'm always open to suggestions. Let's cut it down to a minute - how's that? Test it out, see if that works, and we'll continue adjusting.

Regarding the editing time - I think I can bump that up a bit.

What's next?

-Braddock512-
  • Hessuniemii
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2016
    Would be helpful if the original post had unlimited edition time :p

Since i've made quite a long threads, the longest one of them reached the Battlelogs symbol cap and took around 1 year to finish it o:)

This one, my in-dept tutorial for jet usage / jet scrubbing
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2955065236890301005/ o:)
    these kind of post became impossible in here :p

or then someone has to have a lot of time to type that in one go :D
  • Sir-xer21
    i want to be able to choose themes. I prefer a white background, others prefer dark, I think that shouldnt be too hard.

and the posting spam lock shouldnt stack either. if it says a minute lock, it should be a minute, not "oh, you accidentally jumped the gun by a few seconds, lets reset the clock again."

• Braddock512
    1074 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Sir-xer21 wrote: »
    i want to be able to choose themes. I prefer a white background, others prefer dark, I think that shouldnt be too hard.

and the posting spam lock shouldnt stack either. if it says a minute lock, it should be a minute, not "oh, you accidentally jumped the gun by a few seconds, lets reset the clock again."

It doesn't stack, but I see what you're saying. What it does is actually add temp post-ban for 2 minutes. I can reduce that as well.

THEMES - Not likely. We will be branding it soon.
  • Hessuniemii
    edited May 2016
    I'm getting used to this background already, after using BF3 background for 4,5years this felt weird at beginning

as one might guess

• HonestSoul333
    1310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nice to see the mods are actually taking the feedback into serious consideration. Awesome job.
  • Braddock512
    Okay. So the spamblock has been adjusted. It should be much friendlier now. (Don't you just love the fact we can adjust the forums within minutes without a downtime for the forums? I DO!)

-Braddock512-
  • Hessuniemii
    (Don't you just love the fact we can adjust the forums within minutes without a downtime for the forums? I DO!)

-Braddock512-

<3 Works like a charm @Braddock512
  • DarkFlame588
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Like I've said before, gaps between return/enter presses are way too large. Should be standard one line for one key press.
  • HonestSoul333
    Like I've said before, gaps between return/enter presses are way too large. Should be standard one line for one key press.

Actually id say this is a good thing. Should help out with those "Hard to read" threads where people don't know how to press the enter key twice for organization. Even though we rarely see these and just see walls of text more, which this wont help at all with.

Speaking of which, can we make some sort of rule against walls of text lol?
  • DarkFlame588
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Well then add one extra line per enter, not three.
    Also, make it only 20 posts per page like on Battlelog.
    Post edited by Braddock512 on
  • OprahSpreadEagle
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This forum looks just like the competitions forms.I think it is better to set yourself apart from the comp. rather than being just a copy. Here is the link,you be the judge.
    https://community.callofduty.com/t5/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-3-Forum/ct-p/cod-blackops3-forums
    I would much rather see a forum with multi skins that could be switched at will. Maybe a theme for the color blind people out there. Or maybe a background theme that promotes the next dlc or content.
  • Sir-xer21
    the forum is being updated as it goes along, this is essentially just a skeleton forum.
  • Sir-xer21
    edited May 2016
    Also, kduos on fixing the spam blocker. much better now.