My feedback on the new Forums.

Comments

• MasterOfJimmies
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    I second the notion of having private chats and chatrooms and a friends list panel somewhere
  • Braddock512
    1111 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    I'm looking into a few plugins that may work for that. Will keep y'all posted when I find one that will work well.

Again, thanks for the suggestions and feedback. Really helpful.

-Braddock512-
  • Vespervin
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    On our profile would it be possible to have a "presentation" field, like Battlelog? It could sit above our activity feed. I know people would like to see this return. It's nothing major but something for the list I suppose.

Keep up the great work!
  • Hessuniemii
    966 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    On our profile would it be possible to have a "presentation" field, like Battlelog? It could sit above our activity feed. I know people would like to see this return. It's nothing major but something for the list I suppose.

Keep up the great work!

That's a great Idea, Presentation gives that +1 Customization so all the profiles won't look the same
  • No1StingerUserUK
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Would be helpful if the original post had unlimited edition time.
    I think all of them should. It's not like anyone ever abused it on the old forums anyway. The current system would make organizing Forumfield Events (I'm sure everyone's familiar with those, we've done dozens in the PS4/XB1 section) basically impossible.
  • Vespervin
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Another suggestion: If you do @Vespervin it provides a notification, would it be possible to have the option under Preferences so when someone quotes you a notification is provided? That would make quoting even more useful IMO.
  • Braddock512
    1111 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    That's a great Idea, Presentation gives that +1 Customization so all the profiles won't look the same
    So, this is as close to "Presentation" as we can get.

idHlTzb.png
    It's just a line of text after your details.

I've also added a Platform option, but am working out some kinks.

-Braddock512-
  • NonSmokingBatman
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    :) Emojis are a nice touch
  • DarkFlame588
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Clicking a thread shouldn't always jump to latest post.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer

It doesn't. It goes to the next post after the last one you viewed. So if the thread says 10 new, it will take you to the first new post after the one you viewed last
  • Coffeecup132
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    My request is simple: I would like everyone to at least have the choice of either a bright or dark background.

And also for the choice to be consistent between on PC and on mobile.
  • Vespervin
    edited May 2016
    Duplicate. Getting "There was an error performing your request. Please try again." errors.
  • Vespervin

It doesn't. It goes to the next post after the last one you viewed. So if the thread says 10 new, it will take you to the first new post after the one you viewed last

Which I love. Plus, you can always click the arrow on the right to scroll to top.
  • thejamman123
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Link enabling
    YouTube embedding

Notifications are still a bit iffy

Need some sort of friends thing, i dont want randoms writing on my profile

also #JammanForMod ;) i been pushing this since bf3 ;)
  • DarkFlame588
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Yeah but after that when there are no new posts it will still try to jump to the latest which is the last post.

Click on a thread title. Notice how "#latest" is always at the end?

Actually that would be a good option in settings.
  • Sir-xer21
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    i've been asking for this for a while but i think that's a ways out.
  • Peccath
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2016
    NOTICATIONS

Could we get a notification when our post (comment as it's called here) is quoted and when our alias is tagged, e.g., @Braddock512 ?
  • Hessuniemii
    966 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2016
    we already get a notification from tagging people @Peccath for example
    if you don't get a notification you can enable it from notification settings

If you want to enable tagging notifications
    Go to: Your account page -> Moderation -> Preferences -> and then enable it

^ also these gaps between lines are just too huge :cold_sweat:
  • Peccath
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Lol, I got the notification and was quite surprised :smiley: But why can't we get one for being quoted?!?
  • Hessuniemii
    edited May 2016
    Peccath wrote: »

Lol, I got the notification and was quite surprised :smiley: But why can't we get one for being quoted?!?

just put <@YourNameHere>; in your own posts, and when someone Quotes you'll get a notifications from it if you want a cheeky method to notify about someone quoting you @Peccath

Another idea could be adding @ mark to the part of the Quote So instead of the outcome being
    Someone wrote:

it would be
    @Someone wrote:
    which would trigger the notification
    Post edited by Hessuniemii on