My feedback on the new Forums.

Comments

• pinchylillobster
    950 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cheers.
  • Calinusx
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Really funny and sad how swearing is not allowed on this forum, even though
    1. You already have a plugin that censors swear words
    2. This isn't a forum about flowers or something like that, it's a forum about Pegi 18 games and there are swear words in the actual Battlefield games.... Ridiculous.

I like the games you guys made but this is very dumb in my opinion and I think you should rethink the rules of this forum. Until then... *violation removed*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • StarscreamUK
    6597 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited October 2017
    The forum is viewable by anyone, even those without an account. Swearing isn't allowed. YOU agreed to this, YOU decided to try and be clever and break the rule, YOU are now suspended for 24 hours.

The rules have been the same regarding profanity for years, they are not going to change just because you don't want to follow them.

Post edited by Braddock512 on
  • SourSteven_69
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Swearing at other people should not be allowed. That is why it is banned.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you use the adblock extension you copy paste the link and add it to your custom filters

Well, intercourse me :P
    No wonder there was no file.
    Swearing at other people should not be allowed. That is why it is banned.

Someones feelings might get hurt....this is very very bad in todays society.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3590 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

That is not why profanity isnt allowed but one of the reasons is due to that the forums can be viewed by people of all ages.

-CB

• OP_Glitchmobile
    819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That's fine...but when a cencorsystem is in place....why ban\react on swearing that is not visible\nonexisting for the masses...beats me.

It's like arresting someone for flashing, when they are fully dressed.
  • Braddock512
    1076 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Because we have rules, and this is the end of the discussion of them. If you can abide by them, you're welcome to participate in this community.
    -Braddock5t12-
  • SourSteven_69
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

That is not why profanity isnt allowed but one of the reasons is due to that the forums can be viewed by people of all ages.

-CB

Isn't Battlefield an M rated game?
  • thekiller199365
    3309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

-CB

The game is but the forum isnt.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3590 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

-CB

The game is but the forum isnt.

^^^this would be correct
  • CyberDyme
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That's fine...but when a cencorsystem is in place....why ban\react on swearing that is not visible\nonexisting for the masses...beats me.

It's like arresting someone for flashing, when they are fully dressed.
    No it is not.

It is like arresting someone while they are flashing!
    And then let them go home from the police station with some clothes on, that we have provided to that provocateur, so the grand public is not disturbed further. And big thank you to EA and all our forum moderators here online for that, as we have already seen enough misery from such infantile posters!
  • HonestSoul333
    1342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Idea:
    A Battlefield General forum section. That isnt just restricted to one game. Perfect for discussing upcoming BF titles, comparing BF games, and reminiscing on past BF titles.

This would keep off topic less cluttered with Battlefield related topics, of which there are too many imo. ( kinda defeats the purpose of Off Topic) And of course creates less confusion on where to post things that dont pertain to one specific BF game, which i notice threads like this quite a bit. All of which are dumped in off topic or locked...
  • HonestSoul333
    1342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    Idea:
    A Battlefield General forum section. That isnt just restricted to one game. Perfect for discussing upcoming BF titles, comparing BF games, and reminiscing on past BF titles.

This would keep off topic less cluttered with Battlefield related topics, of which there are too many imo. ( kinda defeats the purpose of Off Topic) And of course creates less confusion on where to post things that dont pertain to one specific BF game, which i notice threads like this quite a bit. All of which are dumped in off topic or locked...

Come on guys. Over half the first page is battlefield threads...

#MakeOffTopicOffTopicAgain
  • b2tchwood
    1058 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry if I missed it (I’ve missed like 1k of replies) but I think the thing I miss about BL compared to the new forums is the fact that I could switch between looking at my games/stats/accounts and then look at the forums all in one place, even check out how my friends are doing and other people when they ask for help/advice. Now I’m not even sure who I’m speaking to unless they tell you.

I really thought that video sharing might have been made easier for the forums to show glitches/bugs or again to ask for advice or share a BF moment.

Looking at medals/achievements I’d also a chore compared to BL too. I know this is forums and not the whole package but I think that the forums benefitted from such activity.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    edited April 2018
    ^Yep, but in true EA spirit, they devolved it when changing to this mess.
    Now we can't do anything, besides posting threads, and replying to threads.
    For other stuff we need even more webpages, preferably one for each class, and one for stats...and for loadouts...lol why not invent a special internet for each thing...

And to the guy further up:

''so the grand public is not disturbed further''

Lol...so reading ******** is disturbing? Amazing how tough life is sometimes..
  • THISaint
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I much preffered how everything was integrated into battlelog.

Pretty much. What were they thinking? Moving away from Battlelog is what me stay away from the forums.
  • HonestSoul333
    Yea a lot of people were saying these forums were going to be better once fully running. Its been almost 2 years now and i still dont see how..
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can someone answer this:

How do I get rid of a draft that keeps popping up in my reply window?

Thanks.