Weekly BF

Striterax: A response. Please read. Civil Constructive Comments Only

Comments

• Pahkiller
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This thread is all well and good talking about patch's been done and the amount of updates Dice have done etc.
    a load of Crock really most of the patch's updates should have been done before release.
    Everyone I know and from what I read in here, and everywhere else, people want ADMIN CONTROLS not game mods, patch's extra maps whatever dice are promising.
    Just fix the admin controls and people will come back to BF1 they are leaving and lots of them.
    I haven't been on for more than a month and most of my clan because of the lack of information, from DICE/EA
    just like politicians only say what they think people want to hear and say everything is just wonderful lol
    whatever....

• Axlerod1
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Reread the last couple of pages. It has been announced on admin controls. There is even a thread from the dev himself on it.
  • Jaskaman
    658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Reread the last couple of pages. It has been announced on admin controls. There is even a thread from the dev himself on it.
    Yeah, they are coming soon. Problem is when is this soon? By the next DLC might be too late... We rented a server for 1 day again to see how bad controls are, can't even restart server or round. Problem is that people are losing interest to BF1 and as a clan we are losing members because we can't host own server. And I think most of the clans has similar type of problems....
    (Also we could not get the latest map working in the rotation, server starting took 2 hrs at Sunday with 6 members. And if you start server with Domination (10 ppl required for server starting instead of 20 ppl in CQ) and then remove Domination and add CQ maps, did anyone got 64 player mode? We were stuck with 24... )
  • mintmind32
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hey guys another thing for me is: what do you think about the quickmatch system? i mean admin control, whitelisting etc. sounds fine - but if 90% of the players dont know its your server - is it necessary to have one then?
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2017
    "decent" players wount use quick match option if they have that option, couse every1 gets bored of hackuzations at times. So instead of changing servers like a girls or socks, we favourite few of em, those few of em with mature comunities and 18+ years old admins. This goes hand in hand with the server management options u mentoined.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    some of you guys must be okay with settling for less...

No just mature enough to realize griping about something without offering at least some for of input is what the call noise and lowers the signal to noise ratio. Less mindless complaining and more suggestions or civil discourse is better than just yammering on.
    Offer suggestions, Note new innovative ideas, etc etc.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    time to escalate

http://www2.ea.com/executives

in the U.S: (650) 628-1500

Problem here is two fold. As I suspected EA top corporate slots are now inhabited by MBA's, Bean Counters, and Lawyers. Only 2 and that is being generous seem to have any real gaming experience at all. Its no wonder they are completely disconnected from the wants and needs of the communities which make their games successful.
    Also I was unaware DICE had been sold to EA. Don't know how I missed it but I did.
    As someone who was involved, in a volunteer capacity, with EA after they bought out Origin I can now understand why things are as they are so much clearer. EA does not really care what the players want. In UO they changed the game to cater to the vocal minority and pretty much ruined the game. Yes it's still running 20 years later but it shed a lot of players after the changes and eventual abandonment of the game.
    Thanks for the list but It will need to be a pen and paper campaign, which is fine, as I didn't think they would be dumb enough to put email addresses in that listing and they dont. Just a quick note... it does not cost very much to send a registered letter so you actually see who signs for it. I guarantee they will never see anything we send them. They have corporate flunkies for that.
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    Yeah, they are coming soon. Problem is when is this soon? By the next DLC might be too late... We rented a server for 1 day again to see how bad controls are, can't even restart server or round. Problem is that people are losing interest to BF1 and as a clan we are losing members because we can't host own server. And I think most of the clans has similar type of problems....
    (Also we could not get the latest map working in the rotation, server starting took 2 hrs at Sunday with 6 members. And if you start server with Domination (10 ppl required for server starting instead of 20 ppl in CQ) and then remove Domination and add CQ maps, did anyone got 64 player mode? We were stuck with 24... )

I can agree with that, I have been on holiday for 3 weeks and I have only come back now and read everything. Safe to say I am hugely disappointed, I have had my fair share of complaining about the quality on RSP, I have also hounded Ali on twitter multiple times (twitter handle: _pxgaming_). So far all I have had is "It was either no RSP at all or wait 3 months", I likely wouldn't have bought the game if I knew that before hand as I had my doubts initially anyway.

Personally I haven't played since a week after RSP was released, got a server, tried it out, refunded, quit the game.

If RSP gets fixed I will likely come back as I do like the game, but until that happens I will put my efforts and money into other games, there are plenty of promising titles coming this year.

It really is a shame that what could (and potentially will) be a hugely successful RSP was released in such a horrible state, a renamed dice server running on a broken server browser is a cash grab and nothing more. It says it's a BETA but it tastes like an ALPHA and it should not be offered at full price to anyone.
  • Axlerod1
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Good news is we only have to wait about 2 more months for RSP fixes.
  • Madturnip
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    westyjoe wrote: »
    Good news is we only have to wait about 2 more months for RSP fixes.

Or 2 more months to hear that the updates are in work and coming out soon... again.

As much as I hate to join the negative bandwagon here -- I am going with the later statement of @westyjoe
    -
    They have lost all confidence from me and now have to prove their game, future titles, etc lives up to the name Battlefield. I can only assume that the reason, since no path I try to go down to explain why things are the way they are makes any sense, there was no RSP and that we currently don't have any controls or proper way to find servers (among other things.) is because we are getting the console treatment. They are tired, again my opinion, of devoting countless resources to the PC side of the house and fulfilling the demands most of us want. Now they focus on creating one title and modifying it to work on all platforms. Since we aren't getting special treatment, or dedicated coders for the PC side of the house, we are subject to the delays and approvals from Sony and Microsoft. Not to mention the limitations that exist in console versions.
    -
    EA is perfectly happy selling hundreds of thousands of copies to the different console platforms. They can stand to lose the communities who pester them, bug them, and gripe about fixes and changes all the time. They would rather listen to YouTube streamers and 12 year old console fan boys and call it a day. However, the PC side of the house wont completely die off without communities, but it will never be as big and longevity of the game will not last as long. This is fact and not conjecture or wishful thinking. Alienating communities wont hurt BF1 as a whole, but it will alienate the longevity of the game and future releases from DICE/EA. I hope their long game strategy pans out if they don't give the community what they want. Many players play on console and PC who are part of communities and clans. This will inevitably strike them where it hurts -- the pocket book. People just have to stop being fooled with this Pre-Order tactics, including me, and demand quality on day one.
    -
    I have a little bit of hope that the game will be fixed properly with presets, true hardcore, RSP that works, etc. However, the pissed off customer in me tells me all we are going to get over the next 2 months is SOON... COMING SOON!
  • IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    HowSOon? o:)
  • Axlerod1
    I figure it is like this. I bought this game and I will get my money's worth. I said if they do not have RSP working within the 3 to 6 month time period this game is dead. Most games die out in this period. NO RSP servers means no clan support. By then everyone will have moved on. I am curious to see how many players purchase the DLC. Low DLC sales and Low RSP rentals will get DICE's attention.
  • CrashCA
    1052 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I, for one, will never preorder an EA game again regardless of the "extras" included in said preorder.
  • NetRngr
    Yeah I think I'm in the no preorder category myself. Especially if the "extras" are skins. Im on the hook for this game so I'll ride it out. Pre Ordered and already bought Season Pass so yeah. I'll hang but there's a whole lot of trust that's gone and will have to be rebuilt before i even consider a pre order on the next title.
    For instance, I am a Star Wars freak, Have been since I saw the first movie on the big screen in the 70s. Haven't missed a movie in the theaters and SW/ST are the only movies I go to a theater for any longer. Battlefront had me by the **** to say the least. Game had SO much potential. To see what it was/is is painful. They have Battlefront 2 in the pot cooking. Can't see myself preordering it and definitely not getting the season pass until I see what's what.
  • Sgt_Senna
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's coming!

striker.png
  • CrashCA
    1052 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, SOON
  • Axlerod1
    Ali says it will be by March DLC if not before. Supposedly there is going to be something big in February. It could be some stupid game mode no one plays or fixes.
  • Axlerod1
  • WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

this great news. had he listened to us earlier on he would know the answer to that question...

This discussion has been closed.