Striterax: A response. Please read. Civil Constructive Comments Only

Comments

• NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I linked him the tread in my Tweet. I could go on an on tweet after tweet but yeah its all in that thread so I just sent that to him. He gave me a like on it so wooot.
  • Jaskaman
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well I did post all my wishes to his Twitter. Now we can only hope for the best.
  • Madturnip
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    tbh --- these additions wouldn't and shouldn't take more than a weekend to give us the following:
    -
    • Kick / Ban
    • Move Players
    • Restart Server
    • In-Game Messages
    • Server Slot Count
    • Assign Additional Admins
    -
    There is a proprietary RCON built into BF1 as they used it when they did the live streams with all the celebrities and youtubers playing. That's how they moved people to the correct team, restarted the map, etc. So the RCON functions are built into BF1 just like Battlefield 4 and previous. They have chosen to not allow us to connect to them and there is no reason for this. All this delay tactics is smoke being blown you know where. Let's not mention had they allowed 3rd party suppliers to host the servers we wouldn't be in this mess. Sure Microsoft and Sony probably hold up a lot of progress, but c'mon guys! Anyone who ever read the server administration documents and saw the API Python calls and UDP packet information for creating their own RCON tool could write an RCON tool for this. The RCON is there and they have the ability to knock this out in a weekend.
  • Pitbruiser
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

this great news. had he listened to us earlier on he would know the answer to that question...

Unconvincing and another bait dangling tactic.

Ali Hassoon is re-using an old tactic, he posted a similar tweet in November (see the image below )and unsurprisingly, nothing resulted from it.

FALmbWI.jpg
    Madturnip wrote: »
    -
    There is a proprietary RCON built into BF1 as they used it when they did the live streams with all the celebrities and youtubers playing. That's how they moved people to the correct team, restarted the map, etc. So the RCON functions are built into BF1 just like Battlefield 4 and previous. They have chosen to not allow us to connect to them and there is no reason for this. All this delay tactics is smoke being blown you know where. Let's not mention had they allowed 3rd party suppliers to host the servers we wouldn't be in this mess. Sure Microsoft and Sony probably hold up a lot of progress, but c'mon guys! Anyone who ever read the server administration documents and saw the API Python calls and UDP packet information for creating their own RCON tool could write an RCON tool for this. The RCON is there and they have the ability to knock this out in a weekend.

@Madturnip Take a look at the tweets below; credit goes to Battlefield-Inside and PBSGAMETEAM. By Ali's own admission, he has been working with the creator of ProCon on a daily basis.
    I don't know about you guys, but I feel that I've been had and that EA/DICE has been taking all of us on a merry-go-around!

What is all of this crap we've posting on the RSP forums? We came up with this "Rental server question master list" and it turns out Ali Hassoon has been working with the man who knew the answers.

Sorry guys, but I simply lost whatever little trust I had left with EA/DICE.

T3FQc4q.jpg

fSMnDfs.jpg

Post edited by Pitbruiser on
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    poor guy locked in the Stockholm basement. Any1 actually talked to Phogue in the past year?
    @Striterax_ we need to see a proof of his existence or you can say goodbye to the ransom. Ear or finger will do.
  • IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sometimes i feel like he is trolling us.
  • Jaskaman
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    TAG-IKKII wrote: »
    Sometimes i feel like he is trolling us.
    I feel that most of the times ^^. It should not take this much time to develop Basic stuff like this...
  • Axlerod1
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It does when they did not start it until about 2 weeks before launch.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/28636/bf1-servers-thread-for-discussion-of-server-rentals-and-settings/p1

started back in June 1 last year. There is a lot of details there.
  • CrashCA
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One wonders if they even check their own "official" Forum. A little late to ask for this, 3 months after game release and 2 months after the alpha of RSP
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    One wonders if they even check their own "official" Forum. A little late to ask for this, 3 months after game release and 2 months after the alpha of RSP

Well the sad thing is. We're getting more from Twitter and Reddit than this forum.
  • Axlerod1
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CrashCA wrote: »

They don't. Just Braddock. Twitter seems to get the best results.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The Devs do visit the forums, yet they don't post a lot or at all for what should be obvious reasons. The CM's keep those that don't visit fully apprised of the forum activity, concerns etc.
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mr "Haha soon" asks us wat we need on RSP, come on we made a list with 100 questions wat we want. Mr @Braddock512 made it. Who is disapeared from this forum btw...

Hassoon also works with the developer of procon, and yet he asks wat we want.... We want everything that procon does ofcourse!

The traffic to the servers is terrible, Rush is only 24 players, while we could of done a nice mix....

Mr Hasson does not want to develop a external tool , but ingame... wich is silly also

In graphics this game is spectacular and I enjoy a good operations, but on server level and clan level, this game is in a big shadow compared to previous games...

Time will tell, but i have my doubts sometimes
  • Madturnip
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They can make the same tool as Procon in a web based manner, which is what their main menu and server browser is when you open up BF1. Procon itself was moving to a web based format until Phogue left the group and then that project went silent. However, there are tons of web based Rcons out there with similar functionality of procon and easier to use. @Axlerod1 -- There is RCON already programmed into BF1 without anyone confirming it. Otherwise they wouldn't have had the ability to restart rounds, change maps on the fly, and move players around in there ALPHA and BETA streams. Not to mention this is just an updated version of Frostbite which was used in BF4. The fact of the matter is they changed where the servers could be hosted from and to create a system that works on their cloud based system the way ProCon worked for people on third party servers would prove a little difficult, but not impossible or too long of a delay. They have chosen not to allow us to connect by not programing the proper interface or allowing us the IP and port to connect to an instance of our servers. Also, by not giving us any access to the server files via FTP or their in-game crapface (interface) we can't do anything. Don't be fooled RCON is available on the game server files unless they stripped it for final deployment, but it was there and they can put it back. They also had spectator mode during those live streams.... Remember that? So yes they have had more than enough time to give us what we need. The question is why is it taking so long?
  • Axlerod1
    edited January 2017
    @Madturnip my understanding is this, DICE took a minimalist approach to the server side for what ever reason. Mostly because they got behind and wanted to make the shareholders money and DICE needed the game to launch before Christmas. The original plan was to slowly add in features to the RSP. Obviously we all know this was a bad idea and yes the game should have been delayed 6 months. Now that EA has noticed as well as activision that sales are down, DICE is scrambling man power to get this ready before the Spring DLC patch. I guess the system was pretty bad and I am hearing DICE is revamping everything. It was asked why they did things this way and the response was it was either launch the game as is with RSP or not at all with RSP. The really sad part is, DICE did not get to even start on RSP until a few weeks before launch. Besides the down turn in AAA title game sales, there is the issue of all the money that was suppose to be brought in for RSP subscriptions. Guess what? DICE is not hitting the goals. Supposedly there is now a big concentrated effort at DICE to get the RSP up to pare for us again before Spring DLC. I was told via twitter it could come before then but no one at DICE is announcing any time tables other then what I already posted and has been announced.

Battlefield 1's Next Custom Game Announced, Update Planned for February
    The first new Custom Game of 2017 is called Bleed Out.

DICE has announced what's coming up for Battlefield 1 later this month and in February.
    In a blog post today, https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/the-road-ahead-jan-2017 DICE started off by revealing a new Custom Game, Bleed Out, will arrive on January 18. It's a version of Rush where downed soldiers die faster; also, there is no health regeneration. This is just the latest new Custom Game for Battlefield 1, as DICE has regularly released new ones since Battlefield 1's launch in October.

Next month, February, a new update for Battlefield 1 will come out. DICE is saving specifics for later, but teased that it will contain "gameplay improvements" derived from its own testing and fan feedback. The studio previously discussed a series of features that could come to the game's rented servers, though it remains to be seen if these may be addressed in the February update.

Battlefield 1 has already received substantial updates. They have added things like significant map changes, weapon and item balance changes, and a free DLC map called Giant's Shadow in March.
    Lastly, DICE reminded fans that Battlefield 1's They Shall Not Pass expansion is coming out in March. We know it will add four maps, but the studio has kept quiet on what else it introduces.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-1s-next-custom-game-announced-update-p/1100-6446664/

There you go, the next 3 months worth of updates.

Again, DICE has mention on twitter to expect great things i February. There are suppose to be game play improvements. What? I am still unclear on. I would speculate some minor buffing and nerfing and hopefully things to make the game play smoother. If DICE is announcing it, then it is to be expected it will be fore everyone, PC, Xbox & PS. DICE has said they have made substantial improvements and many of us would say minor but that is all in the words and how they look at things and how we look at things.

I know I would like to see more RSP ability because it is killing my clan and the clans that play with us (over 200 active). Not to mention the regular pubbers that like to join in. We need the ability to kick and ban players. Hacking is out of control. The worst I have seen since COD MW2. The hacks are free and no detection of using them. Fairfight is doing a good job of catching them but it is a slow process that seems to take a month to get rid of them and then the sanctions are not stiff enough.

Another thing is the priority. DICE has admitted they got it backwards and the next update with show RSP servers first and not the DICE official servers.

So yeah, it's all coming but at what cost? Most games have a shelf life of 3 to 6 months and then players stop and move on to something else and then get the next iteration of the game. The COD model. Release the game and announce what the next one will be in a year. Battlefield players tend to last longer but with the epic failures of BF Hardline and Star Wars Battlefront, DICE gamers are losing interest faster than ever. If t takes until March, the big question everyone needs to ask is not about RSP priority but who is left to play the game. My guys are already looking to move to ARMA 3.

As far as RCON goes, everything has to be rewritten for BF1. DICE can not use procon and it's plugin's. They would have to pay and they would rather pay the employees to do it. Phogue does work for DICE but he is being very tight lipped about everything because he had to sign a None Disclosure Agreement. He does not visit the forums any more at PROCON and he does get on teamspeak from time to time to talk with his guys but they do not talk about the work he is doing. Yes there is some sort of rcon but we do not know how it was set up. I can not tell you that they can just add a simple plugin and puff it's done. My guess is they did not look that far. The took what they know from console games and gave us that set up. Simple and fast. Again my understanding is everything to do with RSP is being redone. To what capacity I do not know. We will all find out "SOON".
  • Pitbruiser
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You know, I am really glad that Battlefield 1 has turned out the way it has. I remember way back when in battlefield 4 all the little crybabies screaming about "BADMINS". It turned out most of those complaints were players that were:
    A - to stupid to read the rules and the spam messages in the server and violated those server rules
    B - Got caught cheating
    C - Being racist or some other form of trolling
    D - to lazy to find a different server

Now we have no admins to cause any of these problems. Plus we have no anticheat software. Everyone hates banning players that are legit. Of course most of those players that did get falsely banned did have software on their system. But that is OK.

At least we have fairfight taking care of everything. Shoot let those players cheat. In a month or longer they will be caught and given a stiff 1 week ban. That will teach them.

I also really like the large selection of custom servers. All these privately ran servers are the best. Oh wait, we can not see those server. All we can play are DICE servers.

Anyways, set up a BF4 server. I know many won't like it because we will kick and ban cheaters, racist, and trolls. We have no problem telling you to find another server. That is something BF1 needs is real life admins. I hope everyone has learned a valuable lesson.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Players wanted to get rid of badmins and punkbuster, well this is what gaming look likes without them.

Lol, AGREED! :)
  • IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    first thing he says that makes sense and its true
  • Madturnip
    Agreed.... +1000000000000000000000000000000
  • Obliviate1982
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Why have DICE all of a sudden felt the need to reinvent the wheel? its costing them time, money and customers while destroying entire communities with their grasp at total control. Its certainly not slowing the rate of aimbotters and extremely toxic players.

QFT!!!
    You know, I am really glad that Battlefield 1 has turned out the way it has. I remember way back when in battlefield 4 all the little crybabies screaming about "BADMINS". It turned out most of those complaints were players that were:
    A - to stupid to read the rules and the spam messages in the server and violated those server rules
    B - Got caught cheating
    C - Being racist or some other form of trolling
    D - to lazy to find a different server

Now we have no admins to cause any of these problems. Plus we have no anticheat software. Everyone hates banning players that are legit. Of course most of those players that did get falsely banned did have software on their system. But that is OK.

At least we have fairfight taking care of everything. Shoot let those players cheat. In a month or longer they will be caught and given a stiff 1 week ban. That will teach them.

I also really like the large selection of custom servers. All these privately ran servers are the best. Oh wait, we can not see those server. All we can play are DICE servers.

Anyways, set up a BF4 server. I know many won't like it because we will kick and ban cheaters, racist, and trolls. We have no problem telling you to find another server. That is something BF1 needs is real life admins. I hope everyone has learned a valuable lesson.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Players wanted to get rid of badmins and punkbuster, well this is what gaming look likes without them.

This discussion has been closed.