Striterax: A response. Please read. Civil Constructive Comments Only

Comments

• Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My Clan is doing the same right now as others here. We're doing a full retreat to BF4. When the march patch goes live it must have some of the desired key features and server browser list must be sorted. If not, we might not come back to BF1. We originally cancelled 1 of our BF4 servers that wasn't running well for a while, we've reopened it and did a refund request for BF1. Which we still got even after having the servers for quite some time.

While 2 out of 3 servers on BF1 are doing well and are, according to the in-game players, well loved. As long as we can't actually manage them or make them properly visible we're just going to stop. As said above, I've also seen an increase in BF4 players and heck I just took a look at BFH and even there I am noticing an increase. Usually I can see 4-5 EU servers full without any filters, just now I saw 20+ all 64.

Amazing how a game that was deemed "dead" is now showing a small heartbeat and a game that has great potential is expected to die within 2 months from here on.

Either the March patch get's things done or BF1 might see itself dying within the year. Either way, we all keep agreeing on one thing. All this stuff should've been there on release.

Also, the lack of content and depth in BF1 isn't helping. Aside from the LVL 10 class glitch in the first week of BF1 you just unlock stuff too quick and there's too little to unlock. Which is odd since WW1 was the war of loads of inventions and crazy 'stuff'.

But hey the big fix is coming soon! Right? Right? :)
  • Axlerod1
    1359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GIRL-mind wrote: »
    I guess that is where I am different. I do not choose to wait for information to be posted. I go and talk to the devs that are actually making the changes. See the difference? I refuse to be one of the silly people crying and asking the same question repeatedly expecting a different answer. That is just insane some one would be that way. Again, I guess I am different.

we dont need another non-mod moderating in here Axlerod - please get rid of your behaviour.

Sometimes its faster to ask someone who already knows the answer than looking through forums and twitter hour after hour.

I get your point man but common its not like the RSP Forum is in heave use. And its not your job to moderate it.
    We are all on the same boat.

But hey i guess you are different.

Btw: i dont think its "great" that he replies to questions - this is a given thing. Many devs across the huge gaming world reply to questions and they are even going further than just replying "soon".

See this is what I am talking about with the ignorant. Jumping in on a conversation and yet knows nothing about what is really going on. children should be seen and not heard.

I am just glad you think you are the mod now. I think I will choose to ignore you from this point forward.

Anyways, yeah the Battlefield Forums should be the official source and they are to an extent. That is just other ways of getting the info. For the record, I got Ali to stop say 'soon" and he has not use the word in a couple months.
  • Jabbajaws77
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    brengun05 wrote: »
    Something has to be done soon to allow Admins to kick/ban.
    I was playing on the BLS server in Australia tonight, the server is 1 of the best hardcore setups for a rented server and they do a great job in trying to keep it running with VERY limited control thanks to EA's oversight in this offering of a rent a server.

Tonight 1 player from overseas on a high ping (Which you also can't control as an Admin) decided it would be funny to keep tking the tanks.
    Eventually he gets kicked after keeping tanks from being useful and he got enough tks but then he just rejoins and continues on where he left off.
    Next map, another player decided to do the same thing which detracts from gameplay and destroys the server for the people paying for it.

EA's excuse for why Admin have such little control is complete rubbish.
    This sort of thing will kill the game quicker than the reasons you give for not allowing complete Admin control.

While the game has been designed really well, the graphics are fantastic, game play is very nice, this 1 small feature which should be standard is going to kill the game for many.
    By the time you add Admin control for ban/kick if you ever do, most people will have left the game for something else.
    This will be the last game I support for EA if this isn't sorted out.

It only takes 1 person to ruin the game for 63 other players.
    Give Admins full control.

Yes I was on for this and I totally agree that some control needs to be handed over to the admins.

Funnily enough once the culprit was named and was shown to be ruining the game everyone then turned on him and upset his gameplay, it really shouldn't have to resort to that, its unfair for the other 63 players in our server.

Also on this we have a very busy server and due to the lack of good hardcore servers elsewhere we are starting to attract a following of high pingers as they don't have good hardcore servers to play on in their area, just another reason we need more control and settings to ensure good running and good fun servers to play on.

Thanks for gaming with us @brengun05 BLS appreciates everyone's support.

Jabbajaws77
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We have rented a new bf4 server and play bf1 like it is... time will tell for the rest
  • IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Still no updates nothing.

....stating: will release an upgrade sometime in "whatever" just postpones things without any
  • IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We been running hc custom server since ut started....it is full everynight.

But its not fun when you have hackers, or tkers and you cannot do anything
  • mintmind32
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well whatever @Axlerod1 - I was having a conversation with you and really tried to explain what my point is. Was nothing personal. I just asked you to take it easy. Its not helpful to read 15 lines of text from you where you state that people should look on twitter when in the meantime you coulve posted the link to it. See that is where its getting counterproductive.

• NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NetRngr wrote: »
    brengun05 wrote: »
    Something has to be done soon to allow Admins to kick/ban.
    I was playing on the BLS server in Australia tonight, the server is 1 of the best hardcore setups for a rented server and they do a great job in trying to keep it running with VERY limited control thanks to EA's oversight in this offering of a rent a server.

Tonight 1 player from overseas on a high ping (Which you also can't control as an Admin) decided it would be funny to keep tking the tanks.
    Eventually he gets kicked after keeping tanks from being useful and he got enough tks but then he just rejoins and continues on where he left off.
    Next map, another player decided to do the same thing which detracts from gameplay and destroys the server for the people paying for it.

EA's excuse for why Admin have such little control is complete rubbish.
    This sort of thing will kill the game quicker than the reasons you give for not allowing complete Admin control.

While the game has been designed really well, the graphics are fantastic, game play is very nice, this 1 small feature which should be standard is going to kill the game for many.
    By the time you add Admin control for ban/kick if you ever do, most people will have left the game for something else.
    This will be the last game I support for EA if this isn't sorted out.

It only takes 1 person to ruin the game for 63 other players.
    Give Admins full control.

I haven't played any meaningful BF1 in a week since we spun back up our BF4 server. It has been amazing playing and just having fun. Being able to have chat on to do a little friendly smack talking is refreshing. The last night of BF1 I played we had a guy doing the exact same thing. May be the same dude. I won't name him due to rules and whatnot but after he blew up my second tank I issued a server wide KoS order on him. soon after he was no where to be found. Also reported him as we were instructed to do but we all know that can take weeks to months to be done.
    BF4 seems to be making a comeback, at least as far as PC players go, to be honest it may already be too late for PC gamers. a good portion of the clans have either moved on or just become so frustrated they flat dont care any longer. I hope this isn't the case but it seems like this is happening.

I agree with many in the community going back to BF4 or other games. many in my clan went back to rainbow six siege and BF4. and a handful of other clan leaders on console have told me their guys went back to BF4 for the time being but are nervous the game won't make a comeback after servers are finally sorted.

sad but still remaining hopeful.

this is a big screw up. the bean counters at EA truly need to fire the RSP team.

I disagree. They only get to do what they are allowed to do and I guarantee that the focus was on the fixes /dlc we got last patch if for no other reason there was limited content at release. BF1 is releasing content at a snails pace compared to BF4 and less content to boot. You gotta know the corporate muckety mucks were telling the devs to focus on that before the RSP. The same guys that told them to release the half baked RSP we got initially.
  • Axlerod1
    1359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well whatever @Axlerod1 - I was having a conversation with you and really tried to explain what my point is. Was nothing personal. I just asked you to take it easy. Its not helpful to read 15 lines of text from you where you state that people should look on twitter when in the meantime you coulve posted the link to it. See that is where its getting counterproductive.

Had you read on page 11 of this thread you would have seen I did. The next 3 months of releases in fact. Again, coming in late and showing your ignorance.

Some want to know how I acquire the information. I mentioned that. Again I was trying to be helpful. I guess you would rather just spout off and have everything handed to you.

Again, if you or anyone want to get to the bottom of what is going down with development of BF1, you have to go to twitter.
  • Nietzscheese
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Our clan has seen a rapid drop off. Without clan events and the ability to control a server, there is no sense of community. Disappointing that DICE made this great game and this one horrible mistake is dramatically dropping player numbers on PC.
  • Axlerod1
    Our clan has seen a rapid drop off. Without clan events and the ability to control a server, there is no sense of community. Disappointing that DICE made this great game and this one horrible mistake is dramatically dropping player numbers on PC.

We sort of gave up on it and fired the BF4 server up. I must say, we had a blast tonight. You guys might try that and come back in March.
  • Sawtooth75
    906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

Had you read on page 11 of this thread you would have seen I did. The next 3 months of releases in fact. Again, coming in late and showing your ignorance.

Some want to know how I acquire the information. I mentioned that. Again I was trying to be helpful. I guess you would rather just spout off and have everything handed to you.

Again, if you or anyone want to get to the bottom of what is going down with development of BF1, you have to go to twitter.
    Let's keep the discussion decent and on topic please.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have to agree with @Axlerod1 on this one. Too many people are reading thread topics, clicking and posting without reading the content. The information is here, you just have to do a little work and read. Quite a few of us including Axle, NetRngr, Pitbruiser etc have done all the hard work digging through other outlets like Twitter and Reddit.

Having the gall to ask us to do more work reposting links that are already in the thread and in other threads is ridiculous.
  • Axlerod1
    I have to agree with @Axlerod1 on this one. Too many people are reading thread topics, clicking and posting without reading the content. The information is here, you just have to do a little work and read. Quite a few of us including Axle, NetRngr, Pitbruiser etc have done all the hard work digging through other outlets like Twitter and Reddit.

Having the gall to ask us to do more work reposting links that are already in the thread and in other threads is ridiculous.

And we all post it in this thread. Sometimes repeatedly!
  • westyjoe
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

And we all post it in this thread. Sometimes repeatedly!

I'm sorry, I missed that, could you post it again? o:)
  • Fraggle306
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You know, I am really glad that Battlefield 1 has turned out the way it has. I remember way back when in battlefield 4 all the little crybabies screaming about "BADMINS". It turned out most of those complaints were players that were:
    A - to stupid to read the rules and the spam messages in the server and violated those server rules
    B - Got caught cheating
    C - Being racist or some other form of trolling
    D - to lazy to find a different server

Now we have no admins to cause any of these problems. Plus we have no anticheat software. Everyone hates banning players that are legit. Of course most of those players that did get falsely banned did have software on their system. But that is OK.

At least we have fairfight taking care of everything. Shoot let those players cheat. In a month or longer they will be caught and given a stiff 1 week ban. That will teach them.

I also really like the large selection of custom servers. All these privately ran servers are the best. Oh wait, we can not see those server. All we can play are DICE servers.

Anyways, set up a BF4 server. I know many won't like it because we will kick and ban cheaters, racist, and trolls. We have no problem telling you to find another server. That is something BF1 needs is real life admins. I hope everyone has learned a valuable lesson.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Players wanted to get rid of badmins and punkbuster, well this is what gaming look likes without them.

Yep! Thumps up!
  • Fraggle306
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

this great news. had he listened to us earlier on he would know the answer to that question...

The question alone shows that there is no point in posting on this forum. Had he read the forums he would have known the answer back in Oktober last year.
  • Fraggle306

Counterproductive is showing total ignorance to what is already written in this thread.
  • IKII-IKII
    anybody on this thread actually play the game? or just waiting for an update to see what they done with the money?
    Just curious, cause this keeps going and going, and 'SOON' does not seem to give a rat about this.
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Here comes a PC "Civil Constructive Comment".

Servers in every country that the game is officially sold in, Now!
    God, It's like marketing a brand new cellphone in the sahara desert..
    Sure you CAN use it, But it will be a terrible frustrating experience.
This discussion has been closed.