Weekly Debrief

Striterax: A response. Please read. Civil Constructive Comments Only

Comments

• PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think Its the EA management that is deciding all these things.... The things they are doing and the pace of getting admin rights says it all.. I hope a good game comes and gives us wat we want...
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wouldn't be the first time EA has killed a franchise due to stupid choices. Hope its not the case but I'm leaning towards it as you are TBH.
  • MadMaxandMACO
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, I hope some other companies take the chance and get all the unhappy EA customers with a nice, clean and community based FPS... At this point is all I can hope
  • Shtaff
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    for me bf1 is already dead, worst than bf4 when he come out , bf4 and hardline have better battlelog and server with procon admin.

it's heart me to tell that but bf1 , it's like star wars battlefront , no server with admin procon , no battlelog and same interface
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 for all intents and purposes IS SWBF. Same engine, same companies built it, etc etc different skins and textures but basicly the same game. The game itself is pretty solid albeit not well optimised as far as PC goes. I dont have a console so I can't speak to those, issues wise. Far better launch playability wise than BF4 but the lack of thought put into servers and community support is boggling. Did they assume all those players would just disappear? BF4 has a pretty damned good sized community even now. Any moron could look as see that the next BF game would transfer a good portion of that player base and that they would still want all the same things they had in BF4. Clan tags, Hosted servers that are able to be fully controlled etc etc. I just dont get the mindset of these guys.
  • Axlerod1
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah BF4 for the last week have seen over 16,000 players . A month ago, bf4 only had 8K players. It has doubled in the last few weeks.

Meanwhile, BF1 is dwindling. IT is staying around 45K players on. The lowest it has been yet. A week ago it dropped down to 55K players on.

I am only talking PC numbers. I have a feeling that any RSP update will probably be to late.
  • IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    that was a joke...he just went over what we experienced....it seems he just played the game for first time.
    Again a list of what he saw but no deadlines. hopefully they come up with a fix before the game is over.
  • Jaskaman
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Yeah BF4 for the last week have seen over 16,000 players . A month ago, bf4 only had 8K players. It has doubled in the last few weeks.

Meanwhile, BF1 is dwindling. IT is staying around 45K players on. The lowest it has been yet. A week ago it dropped down to 55K players on.

I am only talking PC numbers. I have a feeling that any RSP update will probably be to late.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Some of our clan BF1 players has become less active and bored to BF1 because less maps and less contents and only few weapons with only some unlocks, it's like BF1 is a quarter game compared to BF4, no proper mixed modes, Rush is only 24 and most rush maps are bad or have too much tanks for 24p. Operations is not in server browser and can't be set to rented servers.
    Missing Small CQ, no 48P conquest. Half of our BF1 players has already tired of BF1, some of us are going back to BF4 (not many though), others are looking for other games. We extended our BF4 server for 1 extra month because of this bad situation. Problem is: there isn't that many good games similar to BF to play with. I tried the Squad, it was boring..... But anyway I still hope they will wake up...But is it too late already? I hope not. They haven't even implement 4p start for BF1 yet... Or even 6p as it was promised. Every small change takes too long time. I still play BF1 though. 45K players for PC is at peak hours is looking bad considering BF4 still have 20K at weekends and 16k at weekdays in peak hours.
  • Axlerod1
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    Like I have posted before, do not expect any changes to RSP until mid March. Ali did give a timetable and I have posted it multiple times. RSP updates could come before mid March but do not expect anything until March Spring DLC release.

The bigger question is this "will it be to late?" That is a wait and see answer. Speculate if you want but we will all have to wait and see.

The big talk on twitter has been cheaters and the ban system. You guys should read up on it.
  • WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    by the time this guy and his crappy team deliver this to market, the game will be dead or at minimum seen half of it's life. if they fail to deliver what the communities are asking for, it will experience a fast, swift death. my prediction

• FrayedSew
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Here's the problem...

We have no idea what we are getting and when.

If we had an idea of the time frame (and yes I guess it's mid march) and what we were getting, then we'd probably have people that would stick around. But people are frustrated and they will end up leaving and likely won't come back.

Communication is the key. Most of us get it that it takes time to get the stuff implemented, we just want to know what to expect. If this was new fantastical features to improve on a game that everyone already loves, then yes you can go to your secrecy methods of delivery. But we need fundamental RSP and some bug fixes (IE revive gun issue). This isn't something you should be quiet for.

I know I'm talking to the wrong people; but venting helps me at least.
  • NetRngr
    edited January 2017
    No one says be quiet you just have to know where to talk normally and where to yell. The main reason I asked for this to remain civil is for it to be a place to put out questions, information etc and as I know "I" had neither a Twitter account nor a Reddit account till all this shook out. I assumed many other didn't either. I get info from here and I post them to Ali on Twitter / Reddit. Sometimes I get answered sometimes not. When I do Axel and myself reply back here with it.
    May be a fairly crappy system for info dissemination but hey its what we got. Some of us put in wayyyy more time than we should on this because we love the game. That love has limits however. A dog will love you unconditionally even if you kick / swat it. Eventually that dog will not come near you and will in fact run away if kicked / swatted too many times. Gamers are like dogs. We at this point and time are getting sketchy about approaching you EA/DICE. You really shouldn't be swatting your dogs. ;)
  • KawaaBanga
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    this whole conversation is useless if we dont get QM restored and i really doubt that it will be restored. -> empty servers with admin control. hurray :D
  • Axlerod1
    FrayedSew wrote: »
    Here's the problem...

We have no idea what we are getting and when.

If we had an idea of the time frame (and yes I guess it's mid march) and what we were getting, then we'd probably have people that would stick around. But people are frustrated and they will end up leaving and likely won't come back.

Communication is the key. Most of us get it that it takes time to get the stuff implemented, we just want to know what to expect. If this was new fantastical features to improve on a game that everyone already loves, then yes you can go to your secrecy methods of delivery. But we need fundamental RSP and some bug fixes (IE revive gun issue). This isn't something you should be quiet for.

I know I'm talking to the wrong people; but venting helps me at least.
    KawaaBanga wrote: »
    this whole conversation is useless if we dont get QM restored and i really doubt that it will be restored. -> empty servers with admin control. hurray :D

Please go here ---> https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/61711/striterax-a-response-please-read-civil-constructive-comments-only/p1 <---- and read for your answers.
  • Jabaariyn
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    15 pages, 2 month old thread and not one response from Ali Soon, or anyone else from EA/DICE...
  • Axlerod1
    And you did not read it. It's in there and from Ali.
  • Jabaariyn
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017

Come again? Re-posting his comments is not the same as the man himself posting in this thread..i've been following this thread since it's beginning, read probably every post, nothing from Ali Soon.

• StarscreamUK
    7287 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    tbh him repeating what is in the tweets would add nothing and mean even less.
  • KawaaBanga
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

i've been following this thread since it's beginning, read probably every post, nothing from Ali Soon.

im reading this forum since QM traffic was stopped. ive read sth about ali saying hes looking into a way to populate rented servers again. but to be honest i think what we will get with the next patch or in march will be admin controls without any sort of traffic back for our servers.

as i wrote earlier i dont think that EA has any interest in giving traffic to rented servers.

well ive moved on to overwatch 2 months ago..

• Jabaariyn
    edited January 2017
    tbh him repeating what is in the tweets would add nothing and mean even less.

Really? Even though this is the "Official" Battlefield 1 Forum..it's about keeping up appearances, of which there are very few of around here from EA/DICE, but thanks for your input.
This discussion has been closed.