Striterax: A response. Please read. Civil Constructive Comments Only

Comments

• darkstarQc
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    here's 2 games that might take away players from bf, battalion 1944 and days of war...as for battlefront 2 they have already stated in a tweet that there will not be a conquest mode so you can expect the same crap as the first one...
  • StarscreamUK
    7585 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    and? everyone knows there are other games coming out, don't go off topic.
  • IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I only see a vite up option...there should be a vote down too.
    That way we could know what is trending, when it comes to bf1.

Btw, we are still waiting on the rsp.
  • Axlerod1
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    TAG-IKKII wrote: »

Are you thick or just stupid?

DICE is shut down for the holidays and will not be back until next year. To help you understand it better, that means there will not be an update this year.

It was posted on twitter that RSP will be updated by Spring DLC patch which should be around Tuesday March 14, 2017.

So that mean do not expect a fix for RSP before MARCH. It could happen sooner but it is suppose to be done by MARCH.
  • Pitbruiser
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

It was posted on twitter that RSP will be updated by Spring DLC patch which should be around Tuesday March 14, 2017.

So that mean do not expect a fix for RSP before MARCH. It could happen sooner but it is suppose to be done by MARCH.

I missed the above tweet. Can you provide the link?

If DICE did post the above, then I am even more doubtful that RSP will be updated at all.

All along, both EA customer support and DICE devs have been dangling the bait, as well as using delay tactics. They both repeatedly announced OLD news. Presumably, it appears they are doing this to keep player interest in the game and ensure continued sales of the base game and the upcoming DLCs.

Please excuse me for sounding pessimistiic, but EA/DICE has done nothing to make RSP look attractive.
    They've done well without RSP in SWBF, and it looks like they are doing equally well in BF1 with RSP in it's current form.

I see no reason why EA/DICE will deliver any updates to RSP in March or after.
    Post edited by Pitbruiser on
  • Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Best head over to twitter and let them hear about it :)

• Pitbruiser
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Gavyne wrote: »

I've seen two very similar tweets from the DICE devs before.

Again, nothing new and likely targeted for players only. RSP has not benefited from the last two tweets for feedback, and my guess is the same will happen again.

In addition, based on his tweets that I've read, David Sirland appears not to be focused on RSP at all.

• IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    darkstarQc wrote: »
    here's 2 games that might take away players from bf, battalion 1944 and days of war...as for battlefront 2 they have already stated in a tweet that there will not be a conquest mode so you can expect the same crap as the first one...

yeah don't talk about other games, people might be interested on them. Don't go off topic, they might have the same issues. God forbid it gets jinxed and we loose more BF1 players or they might not sell as much.

I just hope everything gets fixed in time so that we could enjoy our paid SRP. Hate to be paying for them and others have more fun in it than me.
  • -Q-DoePa
    89 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pitbruiser wrote: »
    Gavyne wrote: »

I've seen two very similar tweets from the DICE devs before.

Again, nothing new and likely targeted for players only. RSP has not benefited from the last two tweets for feedback, and my guess is the same will happen again.

In addition, based on his tweets that I've read, David Sirland appears not to be focused on RSP at all.

Yip - ask us what we want so that we think they care...
  • StarscreamUK
    7585 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    yeah don't talk about other games, people might be interested on them. Don't go off topic, they might have the same issues. God forbid it gets jinxed and we loose more BF1 players or they might not sell as much.

Is this the other games forums? No, its the battlefield forums.
  • darkstarQc
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017

yeah its the battlefield forum but since you dont listen to your player base that supported this game all these years and ignored all that they ask for in favor of what your big paid youtubers asked for i thought i might as well point them to other games made for players who want real clan support and game made by dev who love real fps games that i might add you as a fps franchise have dumb down to make more money and since there is a lot of clan people angry at dice/ea its a good time to let them know that there are other games that could finally take all the clan people away from ea so that next time, they crash and burn, and learn there lesson...but that's just my opinion as a paying customers who's been add 3 time now by your company in 2 years ...not going to happen again. And stop running around the forum after me its annoying, i know you dont like my opinion but hey i paid for that crap so i have a right to express my opinions.
  • Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

yeah its the battlefield forum but since you dont listen to your player base that supported this game all these years and ignored all that they ask for in favor of what your big paid youtubers asked for i thought i might as well point them to other games made for players who want real clan support and game made by dev who love real fps games that i might add you as a fps franchise have dumb down to make more money and since there is a lot of clan people angry at dice/ea its a good time to let them know that there are other games that could finally take all the clan people away from ea so that next time, they crash and burn, and learn there lesson...but that's just my opinion as a paying customers who's been add 3 time now by your company in 2 years ...not going to happen again. And stop running around the forum after me its annoying, i know you dont like my opinion but hey i paid for that crap so i have a right to express my opinions.

Just a sidenote you keep saying "your" in reponse to StarscreamUK, you do realise that StarscreamUK is a player like us and a volunteer on the forums? He's not EA... But you seem to keep implying that.

On Topic.

I do not see how that tweet eliminates the possibility for RSP updates. "in-game" update? I mean that can be literally everything.

I've stopped responding on the forums because everything that there is to say and for DICE to learn has been said. Now they just need to get work done or watch their beloved game die just like SWBF. BF1 is filled with potential but that potential isn't being utilized so far. We all agree that there is no reason to have changed the system to what it is now that can be explained.

To shed some light on the last update. The simple reason for not giving us actual promises is simple. If you state things as a company or as a spokesman for a company, which @Striterax has become, they get legally bound. Now let's be honest here, would you state things that might appear impossible to realise? I wouldn't. So instead of keep complaining and repeating things over and over again (which you blame DICE doing but not yourselves) it's best to simply wait.

There's just nothing more to say guys and girls. We can only hope, going on a rant won't help.
  • StarscreamUK
    And stop running around the forum after me its annoying, i know you dont like my opinion but hey i paid for that crap so i have a right to express my opinions.

Don't flatter yourself, I couldn't give two hoots about you.
  • IKII-IKII
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

Are you thick or just stupid?

DICE is shut down for the holidays and will not be back until next year. To help you understand it better, that means there will not be an update this year.

@StarscreamUK
    Where is our great moderator?

Axlerod insulting other members and their posts? Thought calling people names wasn't not allowed.

Moderate, pls.
  • Axlerod1
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was asking you a question. Not name calling. I must be getting close though.

How many times did you post about an update while DICE was on Vacation after you were told they were on vacation?

Insanity = Asking the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Try reading for a change instead of spouting off at the mouth and you might just get somewhere.
  • IKII-IKII
    edited January 2017
    Axle go back to where you came from.
    If I ask I expect an answer from the people asked, not from anybody else, specially from you.

Its the moderators job to answer not yours.

• Axlerod1
    Moderators have nothing to do with RSP or Battlefield. They just run the forums.

Mods I believe have told you that before and after your forum bans.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    THICK ... JUICY THICK. SO THICK SOUND DOESN'T GET THROUGH. THICKITY THICK THICK.
  • StarscreamUK
    He didn't call you either, he asked. Thats very different to calling you stupid. But Axlerod1, despite that, please try to avoid posts that leave only a negative outcome, it could be interpreted as baiting.

But saying he is insulting your post, nope I don't see any insults to your posts.

• NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Star,
    While I understand your point, the lack of focus on a core concept of the game as far as longevity and the possible outcome of users migrating to other games does in fact seem quite relative. No one is saying anything that compares the two or asking users to switch over to the other only that there are upcoming titles that could significantly impact the viability of the longevity of BF1.
    No one in here, and I honestly mean no one, wants to see BF1 take the route of COD. This seems to be the way it's being steered however. A LOT of former COD players have migrated to BF and I see a good many of them, while saying the game is superior, see DICE / EA making the same kinds of choices that have made COD a joke in the FPS community.
    I fully understand the drive , business wise, to offer a uniform game experience. It makes good financial sense as it reduces costs overall if only for basic support and revenue from servers, however it is a complete detriment to the established player base that has made Battlefield such a profitable venture for DICE/EA.
    The fact that the list of admin tools that would be considered basic tools was completely ignored, that core modes/settings were thrown out of the window in favor of some magical unicorn of "player experience", and that there seems to be a desire to cater to the illiterate who can't be bothered to read server rulesets much less adhere to them has directly affected both the potential longevity of this title and dare I say it the Battlefield franchise in general.
    I would say 90% of the people posting in this Thread WANT BF1 to follow in the steps of BF4. Hell DICE/EA are STILL selling copies of BF4 as well as garnering revenue from rented servers. Why? Because the just WORK. Yes there are some people who just want to gripe and IMHO some of that griping is well deserved. We have been patient, not that we have much choice, but I swear if I hear SOON™ one more time I think my eyes are gonna start bleeding.
    I am one of the biggest supporters of DICE in this. I understand that Ali, Braddock , You, et al have people you answer to. I understand that when the rubber hits the road EA is holding the purse strings as the publisher / investor. What we dont understand is how companies, presumably in the business of making money, looks at a major reason past titles have been so successful and a large group of people aching to throw money at them and simply ignores what should have been a common sense group of choices. For Christ's sake they hired the guy who created the flipping toolsets we desire so it was painfully obvious to everyone that they KNEW what we wanted yet decided NOT to give it to us and mods and DICE/EA wonder why we are talking about alternatives to BF1?
    I have personally volunteered to do whatever I can do to assist in helping resolve the issues. As a past server admin, former in game support for several MMOs, and as a fan of the series I can and want to help steer the game in a good direction. I am however losing faith that , more EA that DICE, the companies want to cater to more casual players who aren't interested in the longevity of a game. They are not members of any communities and frankly dont give a flip if the game falls on its **** after 2 months instead of the people who bring in revenue month after month for years. Yeah the casuals give big up front sales numbers but couple the sales of those dedicated fans and the long term revenue they provide and we generate far more revenue as a whole. Hell Ultima Online is STILL generating revenue for EA after 20 flippin years!
    All we want is the support from EA/DICE commensurate with the level of commitment that we have shown over the years and we dont think that is asking too much. So yes we are frustrated and yes some are discussing other options. Why? Because we feel, for lack of a better word, betrayed and or forgotten by a companies that we have supported and formed our communities around. If they want our continued support and trust they , at this point , have a lot of ground to make up.
This discussion has been closed.