Striterax: A response. Please read. Civil Constructive Comments Only

1568101117

Comments

  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    He didn't call you either, he asked. Thats very different to calling you stupid. But Axlerod1, despite that, please try to avoid posts that leave only a negative outcome, it could be interpreted as baiting.

    But saying he is insulting your post, nope I don't see any insults to your posts.

    I will try Star but this is getting old. He is trolling with the same questions repeatedly and he is getting answers. It isn't the answers he or anyone really wants to hear but his bantering is getting old.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TAG-IKKII wrote: »
    I only see a vite up option...there should be a vote down too..

    They don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

  • IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    He didn't call you either, he asked. Thats very different to calling you stupid. But Axlerod1, despite that, please try to avoid posts that leave only a negative outcome, it could be interpreted as baiting.

    But saying he is insulting your post, nope I don't see any insults to your posts.

    I will try Star but this is getting old. He is trolling with the same questions repeatedly and he is getting answers. It isn't the answers he or anyone really wants to hear but his bantering is getting old.

    Are you thick? Or just inept?

    This was not a question for you to answer Axlerod.

    Everyone here paid for the game and we expect answers, just because they go on vacations our game/fun does not stop.

    If we cant relax playing the game we thought we bought, they should know it. If not they will take us for granted.

  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    RSP update will be done by Spring DLC which is due in March.
    There is your answer. Go check Ali's twitter feed.

    Suck it up like the rest of us. This was made aware of before game released. You should really take time to read before you purchase anything and go in blindly.

    You had a chance at a refund but you made the decision to stick with it.

    It is broken, everyone is aware of it.

    It still doesn't change the fact that DICE devs have stated by Spring DLC.

    What part of this do you not understand? Timeframe = by MARCH
    Dice only release patches on TUESDAY. DICE has be sticking with middle of the month.
    So expect an RSP update on Tuesday March 14, 2017.
    I know English is your second language but I really do not know how to make it any clearer for you.

    I brought all of this up on June 1st. DICE did say what the capabilities of the RSP was.
    Bottom line you get what you pay for. $24 a month for a server does not get you much. I really want to pay $80 for servers that do work and that I can control that actually do work and players can find and want to play in.
  • IKII-IKII
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't tweet.
  • Madturnip
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    This was made aware of before game released. You should really take time to read before you purchase anything and go in blindly.

    You had a chance at a refund but you made the decision to stick with it.

    I would like to see an official post from DICE / EA showing (twitter, facebook, etc.) that none of this would be done until March and was readily available prior to games release. Do you work for DICE and are getting tired of people criticizing your work? Seriously though... This was not made public to anyone prior to anything and was just dropped now. If they had told us half, on the PC side of the house, how BF1 was going to run we would have not purchased it. Then they drop us little tid bits of info here and there until it's too late to return the game. Calm down chief! People have the right to be upset and DICE and their poor management of this whole ordeal is the reason for so much outcry and repeated posts.

  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TAG-IKKII wrote: »
    I don't tweet.

    You dont have to Tweet a thing you can just go read.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    This was made aware of before game released. You should really take time to read before you purchase anything and go in blindly.

    You had a chance at a refund but you made the decision to stick with it.

    I would like to see an official post from DICE / EA showing (twitter, facebook, etc.) that none of this would be done until March and was readily available prior to games release. Do you work for DICE and are getting tired of people criticizing your work? Seriously though... This was not made public to anyone prior to anything and was just dropped now. If they had told us half, on the PC side of the house, how BF1 was going to run we would have not purchased it. Then they drop us little tid bits of info here and there until it's too late to return the game. Calm down chief! People have the right to be upset and DICE and their poor management of this whole ordeal is the reason for so much outcry and repeated posts.

    Turnip ,
    They did release a list of features in the RSP before it launched. We were just naive enough to assume they didn't mention what we considered core parts of the servers and it kind of made us go WTF when they weren't there. Kind of like you buy a car and they dont list what kind of engine or tires it has and you naturally assume they are there but when you get the car there isnt an engine or tires . Kind of leaves you amazed they even consider this.

    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/34210/battlefield-1-rental-server-program#latest
    lists all the features in here and yes they are there we just assumed basic things we expected to be there would be but as you can see they are not in fact listed .
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    As I said Turnup, got to Ali Hasson's twitter feed. You can read it for yourself.
    This is the problem, DICE posted specs and people did not read. They want to be spoon fed everything.
    Then they find out their favorite feature isn't there or has changed drastically.
    The player cries foul that they were not notified.

    Bottom line, you were notified but you chose not to read. It is not DICE's fault you did not look before you leaped.
    Ask Starscream where that old thread is. He locked it and is a moderator. There was a long long talk about all of this.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

    Bottom line, you were notified but you chose not to read. It is not DICE's fault you did not look before you leaped leapt( sorry you know me all Grammar **** you ignorant bastage ;) ).
    Ask Starscream where that old thread is. He locked it and is a moderator. There was a long long talk about all of this.
    See link above.
  • Sir-Praise-a-lot
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    NetRngr wrote: »
    Point 1) [...]I routinely see derogatory, racist, ****, misogynist, etc etc text scroll by in every match I play to the point I hide chat, which is detrimental to play or in BF4 find a server who's admins will not stand for it.
    [...] I know you are saying that the tools are under development but as a past admin I have to question the sanity of releasing this product without the basic moderation tools. To do so seems a huge mistake.

    Point 3) [...] Hardcore for example: Server admins had control over specific variable sets and while there were some pretty messed up servers that were created some very fun servers were designed. Zombie servers, Sniper limited or sniper only depending on your particular preference and many more.
    [...] My big pet peeve at this point is how in HC instead of using a player health variable to determine a killshot weapon damage was boosted 200%. I fail to see how anyone thought this was a good idea.

    On point 1 I pretty much agree. Most/half of the time chat is rather civil or at least not more toxic than people (or at least I) are used to by now in every game. Sometimes there are even nice conversations but more often than that pretty annoying to the point of hiding it.
    I encountered a french dude a short while ago who liked saying the usual "ez" and upon calling him out switching to the winning team he told people that he brushes their teeth with his **** (in french ofc) which was probably his go to answer since upon further remarking on his toxicity he just sais "sorry I don't speak tea". And some other dude was complaining about black soldiers in the game because from his ignorant viewpoint there were no such things as the Hellfighters and that any black people irl should not exist anyway... A moderated chat was one of the few benefits in BF4.
    The ability to set passwords and a kick/ban are such essential and extremely basic features that any and all server programs really should have those from the beginning!

    That said I disagree on things on point 3. Personally, even though pretty basic features are missing, I rather have a delayed decent RSP programm than 3rd party servers again. As long as many of those sodding plugins stay away I'm fine.
    My experience in BF4 was that pretty much every HC server was hosted by **** people who set a had a limit of 1-4 snipers. What frustrated me the most about that is that the plugins were (imo) so lazily designed that even sniper rifles that were pickups and If i recall correctly could not be replenished on ammo counted towards that limit. And all those plugins that were spamming chat and even the screen, horrible. In general it was pretty rare to find a server with decent custom presets even without being picky.
    Oh and the worst plugin of them all was the teamkill punish plugin. I recently had a discussion with some dude in chat about that. I maintained the opinion that only people who can not control their emotion to a point where logic thinking hits the bin (eg less matured people like kids) use "!p". It's the dumbest thing to do since accidents happen and reducing the tickets even further than necessary is punishing the whole team. I can't remember a single time where I got purposefully killed in BF4 where a punish would have been justified so I told the guy that I never used it which for some reason infurited him pretty much. He maintained the opinion that "if it's there might aswel use it" and that nobody could ever be such a saint that they never used the punish feature...
    So yeah apart from map voting I do not miss plugins one single bit. The fact that BF1 can enable/disable each weapon individually rather than lazly one whole class of weapons seems pretty promising. It's a shame that the RSP is so heavily underdeveloped but so far I'm optimistic that it will be better in the end.

    In regards to the bullet damage boost, on paper it sounds great. They justified this over the old health reduce by saying that the latter would also buff explosives etc. That's the one good idea I guess. As for gamplay, yeah it didn't turn out that great. About snipers being a OHK you can't really complain since that would be the case aswell if health would be reduced to 60% like in BF4 (and there are sweet spot OHKs in normalcore aswell). But the balance issue shows in everything else.
    With 125% the damage output of other classes is too low so aa sniper would get a second chance to land his 1-hit-kill if he missed the first one which buffed them in close/mid quartes combat. While on the other hand with 200% classes like Cavalry suffer heavily. If I recall correctly their rifle didn't OHK (at least from horseback) with 200% and their saber is a OHK regardless. But snipers on 200% could OHK the rider no matter where they hit at any distance and the horse is not agile enough to dodge 32 snipers, or even 1.
    So while I approve of the thought of Dice to seperate damage type (which a health reduce doesn't) I have to agree with you that it still doesn't feel well thought-out at all... They probably need to go even further seperate sniper damage % from the rest and/or maybe manipulate resistance % for armoured classes like Cavalry.
  • WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    darkstarQc wrote: »
    here's 2 games that might take away players from bf, battalion 1944 and days of war...as for battlefront 2 they have already stated in a tweet that there will not be a conquest mode so you can expect the same crap as the first one...

    actually I agree and it's not off topic. to put it another way: players will begin to migrate to these games if no "manageable" RSP.

    if they took our money in November but can't deliver until March, they ripped us the flip off. actually my guess is we funded it's development.

    @starscream: if you disagree mate, I will happily sell you a ticket to cross an half finished bridge. I know you're trying to keep the peace here, but...

  • Pitbruiser
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    darkstarQc wrote: »
    here's 2 games that might take away players from bf, battalion 1944 and days of war...as for battlefront 2 they have already stated in a tweet that there will not be a conquest mode so you can expect the same crap as the first one...

    actually I agree and it's not off topic. to put it another way: players will begin to migrate to these games if no "manageable" RSP.

    if they took our money in November but can't deliver until March, they ripped us the flip off. actually my guess is we funded it's development.

    @starscream: if you disagree mate, I will happily sell you a ticket to cross an half finished bridge. I know you're trying to keep the peace here, but...

    Off topic or not, EA/DICE has done enough to drive players and clans to other games.

  • StarscreamUK
    7341 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    this forum and this subforum are for discussion of battlefield, this subforum for the discussion of rsp...... it isnt for discussing other games.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lots of text between us two lol.

    I understand your preference but my point was simply that the options to adjust these settings made for a LOT more variety. While I can see that some servers may have had poorly configured plugins I would counter that more had well configured plugins than did not. In BF4 and BF3 I may have played 2 rounds on official servers maybe a couple more but less than 10 for sure. In these games TKs were less prevalent due to the ID systems in place working better. While I have grown accustomed to looking more at the uniform than the id my rate of TK is about the same as in BF4 now. As far as the punish feature goes most players who are TKed wait a few sec to see if the player actually says "Sry." in Chat. of in voice coms. if they do they get a !f if they go on their happy way they get a !p. Its part of becoming part of the community to learn the ins and outs of that community.
    TK kicks are a thing on the official HC servers so not sure why this is an issue.
    I can count the number of times i've seen a tank load of idiots run over half the squad rushing to an objective with all guns blazing and cutting down teammates. I've simply decided that they deserve a death themselves and will actively spam anti tank grenades if the offense is egregious enough.
    My point being if you can't figure out the rulesets by the in game messages and the description listed in the server browser I dont know what to tell you. Sniper limited servers were and will be very popular simply because most players despise a sniper who camps a hill and does nothing to assist the team. I will deploy as a sniper and sit back and kill guys off the side of the mountain until my squad reaches the top then join them or redeploy as another class but for a player sitting back and doing that all game while 10 other people or more on your team are doing the same is a pox and the reason these servers exist.
  • Sir-Praise-a-lot
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @NetRngr
    I wish every "sry" would make people type "!f" but If i remember correctly about 1/3 of the people typed "!p" regardless... As long as there are zealotic people out there who are turned on by typing "!p" I just do not wan't those plugins to come back, sorry.

    And yeah ofc nobody likes being sniped all the time in HC even I don't but I think that's no reason to limit them to 2... Heck in BF4 it was so damn easy to tell from where you got shot that I really can't relate to those people who complained about being shot out of nowhere. In BF1 I can vaguely understand people who want a limit but I still prefer that BF1 now offers to disable specific weapons. If they just gave us 3rd party hosted server from the start we would still have to deal with those badly/lazily made plugins in my opinion.
    Heck maybe Dice will implement a feature to limit snipers in the rather distant future, though I hope the bottom limit will be 1/4 of the team rather than like 1-4. All I'm saying is that I want to give the RSP program a chance. Yes they are running a hell of a lot late with basic functions (which sure is a reason to complain) and unfortunately it might take a while until people are satisfied with more advanced functions but in my like 240 hours of playing BF4 mostly on 7 different costum HC servers that vaguely satisfied my preferences I didn't really get fond of most of those plugins.
    I know that's just my and like-minded people's opinion but I have to voice it from time to time.
  • mintmind32
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    searched his twitter and other BFthreads - cant find it.
    anyone would be so kind to post the link? thx in advance!
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @NetRngr
    Heck in BF4 it was so damn easy to tell from where you got shot that I really can't relate to those people who complained about being shot out of nowhere. In BF1 I can vaguely understand people who want a limit but I still prefer that BF1 now offers to disable specific weapons. If they just gave us 3rd party hosted server from the start we would still have to deal with those badly/lazily made plugins in my opinion.
    Unnn you are aware they hired the developer of one of those third party plugins @ DICE right? Yeah there were some crappy plugins around but let's be truthful the plugins were made by fans of the game because the needed tools were not supplied ... much like now.
    Heck maybe Dice will implement a feature to limit snipers in the rather distant future, though I hope the bottom limit will be 1/4 of the team rather than like 1-4. All I'm saying is that I want to give the RSP program a chance. Yes they are running a hell of a lot late with basic functions (which sure is a reason to complain) and unfortunately it might take a while until people are satisfied with more advanced functions but in my like 240 hours of playing BF4 mostly on 7 different costum HC servers that vaguely satisfied my preferences I didn't really get fond of most of those plugins.
    I know that's just my and like-minded people's opinion but I have to voice it from time to time.

    Well I can say the rental servers as we've known them are gone. Forever ? I hope not but probably. Strangely enough my biggest concern with the RSP after getting the tools we need/want is the fact that to play the game you have to connect directly to Origin/EA in BF4 we had links we could provide that would take you directly to the server. Now if for any reason Origin/EA is acting screwy you just can't play. IMHO this is part of the desire to limit a game's longevity. I dont think EA/DICE WANTS BF1 to last like BF4 did. While they are making money off BF4 still I guarantee they saw it as a threat to sales of BF1. Funny when you see your own products as threats to your new one.
  • StarscreamUK
    7341 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I disagreee, if they want to take bf4 offline, they can, if they turn off the backend to bf4, you can't play..... while ever it is linked through a backend, it will always have a limit.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh I know they can kill it whenever they like. I just dont think they would care to deal with the backlash at this point. Just my opinion. My main contention is the fact that while we had the ability to access a third party server even if Battlelog was down now it is all tied together so if EA is not accessible yer screwed. See DDOS attacks that have been directed at them and the lack of ability to play at all.
This discussion has been closed.