DICE let us down as patch barely touched what all the players said needed changes.

RabNebula
235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
edited November 2016
Right now the meta is just nonsense. The large majority of players have all said the same things about AA, Zepellin, Shotguns, Gas, LMG's, Tail Gunners, Battlepacks, Medals:

AA is too strong for the ease of use and encourages people to camp out on turrets just to take out planes solo. The patch barely changed anything of this except that AA apparently doesn't fire into the headquarters (I was still getting it on Empires Edge operations from one end of the map to another though). On most maps you are still getting pummeled even out of bounds the range is still that high. It's just too easy still, I've sat on them enough post patch to see how it hasn't changed anything and is still working too well. It's not hard at all to obliterate any plane that you see and track them around quickly. If you are to keep the range as it is then; give stationary turrets more durabilty (I can destroy them in 1 bombing atm). Reduce their blast radius and damage as they should be a deterrent and tool for team firing on planes just as a team would take on a tank together. They are so easily available and well placed around the map that they should not be a solo instashredder of planes flying anywhere near the map but should do enough to make pilots think twice and also be worth working with a team mate or 2 to get the planes down through good communication.
That leads to the Zepellin. Reduce the health on the zepellin to match that AA change so AA still poses enough of a threat to the zepellin and also planes can rip it a bit easier too. The zepellin is what is causing the big overcompensations in the game for balancing at the moment and just changing that health on it would bring the planes, AA and Zepellin more in line with each other. It's just not right at the moment still. Also again with the AA turret durability, it is too easy with the zepellin to destroy AA turrets.
Shotguns. These have too much range for the absurdly easy handling and lack of need to aim. Too many times I have been shot by even the most basic of shotguns from ranges far beyond what could reasonably be considered close quarters and the shotguns as they are encourage camping far too much. A lot of people have also said this so many times in youtube vids, on the forums, in game. Its a noob cannon which is probably the biggest cause of rage messaging in this game at the moment. I used a shotgun in 2 games and got 5 messages from different people. People HATE the shotgun meta and so many people have said it needs changing. DICE did nothing!
Gas. 2 grenades is too many, it lasts too long, poisons outside of the green cloud, poisons through walls, disintegrates Sentrys in no time, damages by too much too fast, 25 damage instantly is far too much. Basically there are games where people spend 90% of it tripping out on friendly gas or sitting in a gas mask. It's beyond broken and everybody wanted it changed. DICE did nothing!
LMG's. They are still pretty bad and the one viable weapon which only has 20 in the mag got nerfed with horizontal recoil. Nobody said the BAR was a problem and the increased accuracy while ADS wouldn't have changed enough for it to warrant a nerf as it still wasn't that great a weapon as it was. The support class is just bad. It's no wonder there are so many just assault and recon teams. There are pistols which are more accurate and do more damage than LMG's. Thats how backwards the pistol to primary meta is right now.
Tail Gunners. These are too strong on planes but not good enough against anything else. The chasing plane should be the one at an advantage not the other way around. At the moment the tail gunners are one of the big things which kill dog fights if you can get someone to sit in it, if not you can just fly straight to switch seats and melt anything on your tail. It's too easy. Most of the time though this is the case, especially on console because gunners have literally nothing to do but shoot at planes and so it can get pretty boring in the back seat of a plane which deters a lot of people jumping in. I fly a lot and have a gunner for about 20% of the time. When I do have to do the tail gunner switch because theres a fighter up then there have been times that someone has spawned on me, into the pilot seat and then piled us nose first into the ground.
Battlepacks. These do not come enough and the scraps do not build up quickly enough to buy packs. Also it is almost impossible to get puzzle pieces. Im level 76 and only have 3 pieces!!!!
Medals. These still don't work. Reset all the time and all sorts. The way they work channels people to play in silly ways for too long a time and they are too much of a grind for the xp they offer. You can easily earn more xp by playing the game normally. I've just given up even selecting medals to do now. Pointless things not worth the time or hassle especially when they barely ever work.

It's all very well asking for "5 changes" from people but DICE you fixed very little that anyone actually wanted changing most. It's like you asked but didn't really listen. You made more issues like people now getting stuck in eternal loading trying to quit even from operations and the game is mostly played like the Hulk farted all over your maps because of too much gas. Then theres the team balancing, I don't get how its done but I keep getting in games where my side might have 2 level 70+ players and then the rest are all between 1 and 20 while the other side will have 15-20 level 40+ players and the rest 30+ with maybe a 50+ or 2 mixed in. The team balancing is a mess in terms of determing the level of experience and skill between different parties joining the match.

The thing is, these are just some of MANY issues that make the game unenjoyable. Sometimes the game can be fun but at the moment there is too much getting in the way of that for a lot of people and the players have no idea when you next plan to patch the game to fix these things they actually wanted. It's an issue you have caused which is going to drive a lot of people away from playing.
Post edited by RabNebula on

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    2762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AA is junk now. Unless you're flying low over the enemy AA, there's no reason you should be getting hit by it.
    ---
    Zeppelin is already the weakest behemoth in the game.
    ---
    I haven't seen much of a problem with shotguns myself. Only seen people really use them on maps like Argonne and Suez and I don't like the idea of the game being balanced based on 1 or 2 maps. Still, I've never used them so I can't say if they feel OP myself.
    ---
    LMGs could do with a little damage buff. The stability provided by the bipod variants make those in particular pretty good but they do feel a bit weak.
    ---
    Tail gun definitely needs some sort of nerf. No reason to ever to use fighter cause you can literally solo in the attack plane against everything.
    ---
    The rest I don't really care one way or another.
  • NSG_Brilliant
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RabNebula wrote: »
    Right now the meta is just nonsense. The large majority of players have all said the same things about AA, Zepellin, Shotguns, Gas, LMG's, Tail Gunners, Battlepacks, Medals:

AA is too strong for the ease of use and encourages people to camp out on turrets just to take out planes solo. The patch barely changed anything of this except that AA doesn't fire into the headquarters. On most maps though you are still getting pummeled even out of bounds. It's just too easy, I've sat on them enough post patch to see how it hasn't changed anything and is still working too well. If you are to keep the range as it is then; give stationary turrets more durabilty (I can destroy them in 1 bombing atm). Reduce their blast radius and damage as they should be a deterrent and tool for team firing on planes just as a team would take on a tank together. They are so easily available and well placed around the map that they should not be a solo instashredder of planes flying anywhere near the map but should do enough to make pilots think twice and also be worth working with a team mate or 2 to get the planes down through good communication.
    That leads to the Zepellin. Reduce the health on the zepellin to match that AA change so AA still poses enough of a threat to the zepellin and also planes can rip it a bit easier too. The zepellin is what is causing the big overcompensations in the game for balancing at the moment and just changing that health on it would bring the planes, AA and Zepellin more in line with each other. It's just not right at the moment still. Also again with the AA turret durability, it is too easy with the zepellin to destroy AA turrets.
    Shotguns. These have too much range for the absurdly easy handling and lack of need to aim. Too many times I have been shot by even the most basic of shotguns from ranges far beyond what could reasonably be considered close quarters and the shotguns as they are encourage camping far too much. A lot of people have also said this so many times in youtube vids, on the forums, in game. Its a noob cannon which is probably the biggest cause of rage messaging in this game at the moment. I used a shotgun in 2 games and got 5 messages from different people. People HATE the shotgun meta and so many people have said it needs changing. DICE did nothing!
    Gas. 2 grenades is too many, it lasts too long, poisons outside of the green cloud, poisons through walls, disintegrates Sentrys in no time, damages by too much too fast, 25 damage instantly is far too much. Basically there are games where people spend 90% of it tripping out on friendly gas or sitting in a gas mask. It's beyond broken and everybody wanted it changed. DICE did nothing!
    LMG's. They are still pretty bad and the one viable weapon which only has 20 in the mag got nerfed with horizontal recoil. Nobody said the BAR was a problem and the increased accuracy while ADS wouldn't have changed enough for it to warrant a nerf as it still wasn't that great a weapon as it was. The support class is just bad. It's no wonder there are so many just assault and recon teams. There are pistols which are more accurate and do more damage than LMG's. Thats how backwards the pistol to primary meta is right now.
    Tail Gunners. These are too strong on planes but not good enough against anything else. The chasing plane should be the one at an advantage not the other way around. At the moment the tail gunners are one of the big things which kill dog fights if you can get someone to sit in it, if not you can just fly straight to switch seats and melt anything on your tail. It's too easy. Most of the time though this is the case, especially on console because gunners have literally nothing to do but shoot at planes and so it can get pretty boring in the back seat of a plane which deters a lot of people jumping in. I fly a lot and have a gunner for about 20% of the time. When I do have to do the tail gunner switch because theres a fighter up then there have been times that someone has spawned on me, into the pilot seat and then piled us nose first into the ground.
    Battlepacks. These do not come enough and the scraps do not build up quickly enough to buy packs. Also it is almost impossible to get puzzle pieces. Im level 76 and only have 3 pieces!!!!
    Medals. These still don't work. Reset all the time and all sorts. The way they work channels people to play in silly ways for too long a time and they are too much of a grind for the xp they offer. You can easily earn more xp by playing the game normally. I've just given up even selecting medals to do now. Pointless things not worth the time or hassle especially when they barely ever work.

It's all very well asking for "5 changes" from people but DICE you fixed very little that anyone actually wanted changing most. It's like you asked but didn't really listen. You made more issues like people now getting stuck in eternal loading trying to quit even from operations and the game is mostly played like the Hulk farted all over your maps because of too much gas. Then theres the team balancing, I don't get how its done but I keep getting in games where my side might have 2 level 70+ players and then the rest are all between 1 and 20 while the other side will have 15-20 level 40+ players and the rest 30+ with maybe a 50+ or 2 mixed in. The team balancing is a mess in terms of determing the level of experience and skill between different parties joining the match.

The thing is, these are just some of MANY issues that make the game unenjoyable. Sometimes the game can be fun but at the moment there is too much getting in the way of that for a lot of people and the players have no idea when you next plan to patch the game to fix these things they actually wanted. It's an issue you have caused which is going to drive a lot of people away from playing.

AA shouldn't have been nerfed. ~Pilot with 2.7M score

Zeppelin like all behemoths suffers from lack of teamwork. They need to make behemoths worth like 10,000 score and divide that score on its death by % dmg done.

A-10 is **** and should be nerfed.

Gas is supposed to be oppressive.

Yes LMG needs like double current dmg.

Tail Gunners is too broad. Bombers tail gunner is fine, maybe needs buff - its their only defence and bombers are already too vulnerable. Just look at the leaderboards, attack planes have like twice as many kills as bombers. Attack plane tail guns should only face towards the rear - the splash damage kills a bomber in under 5 seconds. If they have their "tail" gunner shooting fowards as well, the bomber dies in under 3 seconds.

People who place on the post game top scorers are more likely to get a battlepack, do something productive for your team and you may get more battlepacks.

Do people actually care about medals?

• diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice ONLY listened after the BF4 release fiasco, when they got a lot of bad press. Or was it after EA stockholders sued???

They don't learn, nor does EA.
  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    RabNebula wrote: »

AA is too strong for the ease of use and encourages people to camp out on turrets just to take out planes solo. The patch barely changed anything of this except that AA doesn't fire into the headquarters. On most maps though you are still getting pummeled even out of bounds. It's just too easy, I've sat on them enough post patch to see how it hasn't changed anything and is still working too well. If you are to keep the range as it is then; give stationary turrets more durabilty (I can destroy them in 1 bombing atm). Reduce their blast radius and damage as they should be a deterrent and tool for team firing on planes just as a team would take on a tank together. They are so easily available and well placed around the map that they should not be a solo instashredder of planes flying anywhere near the map but should do enough to make pilots think twice and also be worth working with a team mate or 2 to get the planes down through good communication.

AA shouldn't have been nerfed. ~Pilot with 2.7M score

Zeppelin like all behemoths suffers from lack of teamwork. They need to make behemoths worth like 10,000 score and divide that score on its death by % dmg done.

A-10 is **** and should be nerfed.

Gas is supposed to be oppressive.

Yes LMG needs like double current dmg.

Tail Gunners is too broad. Bombers tail gunner is fine, maybe needs buff - its their only defence and bombers are already too vulnerable. Just look at the leaderboards, attack planes have like twice as many kills as bombers. Attack plane tail guns should only face towards the rear - the splash damage kills a bomber in under 5 seconds. If they have their "tail" gunner shooting fowards as well, the bomber dies in under 3 seconds.

People who place on the post game top scorers are more likely to get a battlepack, do something productive for your team and you may get more battlepacks.

Do people actually care about medals?

2.7 mill?! I'd love to check your stats out properly on battlefield tracker. Im at 700k and fly quite a lot. 27% planes, 17% Vehicles and 55% Weapons. I mostly fly when I pick a vehicle but always felt like I'm a stronger BF player for being mixed discipline because I can switch things up a lot to help the team win.

I don't feel they nerfed AA in the right way and it was barely a nerf anyway. I still melt planes when I sit on those things very easily just firing it on my own with no team work required. All vehicles should require team work to take out except in a toe to toe situation ie tank v tank, plane v plane.

Zeppelin points is something I forgot to mention too actually. It does really deter people from bothering now because its a lot of time put in to taking it down at times and you get very little out of it at the end. I feel it should be 750 points for the person who did most damage and assist counts as kill for anyone inside. Then everyone else who did significant damage should get 500 points and assist counts as kill for everyone in it. Obviously the guy with the killing blow will get the official kills still. This way everyone gets a fair share of points for their effort and helping with the kills too.

A-10 in particular is absurd but just shotguns in general need changes here and there all round. I don't know how DICE manage to have this issue with shotguns every time they release a new Battlefield and then fix them later. Someone there should know their previous mistakes by now.

I don't agree that bombers gunners are that bad. I've been in bombers where we've obliterated fighters and attack planes with the gunner easily. The guns on that are really strong if people actually bother to pay attention to what they are doing. More often than not, I find with any gunners that they just tend to space out and not pay attention to the fact they can look and kill things on the ground at the right point, spot things up more easily (if a little inconsistent still) and most importantly they don't always look for planes. Then you end up with a plane loaded up with day dreamers or quick to eject gunners like youre a mobile spawn beacon. The whole air game just needs an overhaul at the moment.

LMG double damage I feel may be too much. 25 I could imagine would be good and then adjustments to recoil like bringing the BAR's horizontal back in again. It does seem ridiculous that something like the auto extended for medics can fire almost as fast and do 38 damage instead of the LMG cap out at 21 and the medics is still more accurate. Same for the Hellriegel for Assault at max 23 damage (higher than lmg) 60 in the mag (3 times that of the BAR) and 650rpm which is faster than any LMG. There is no logic in the BAR only having a 20 mag, doing less damage than Hellriegel and still receiving the kind of change it got.
    Yes Gas is supposed to cause area of denial but if you give everyone 2 gas grenades that kill even outside of the visible gas, through walls etc then you aren't just denying an area. Like I said, its just like the Hulk farted and thats what brought Amiens crumbling down. It's just very unenjoyable. It also does way too much to sentries when it doesn't have any effect on flametroopers. It's really silly how that is set out at the moment.

I have a 2.75 kd, posting up a rolling spm between 600-1000 each day I play depending on the mode as well of course. BTR score of over 15,000. So unless I've been in super relax mode or trying things out then I get in the top all the time. Theres a lot of times I dont get battlepacks so thats still not reliable. The amount they drop isn't equal to the rewards and scraps you get. Some people who aren't at the higher levels of play will rarely get battlepacks and its just not really a very well balanced system for the time people put in to get them compared to the rewards from them.

No people don't care about Medals but largely because they totally suck now. In previous BF's though you could earn them multiple times over anytime and they just added up like service stars but with a bigger challenge to them like the MvP medal which was a scored tag I always used to wear.
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeap. DICE didn't fix those critical top 5 issues which were requested by many, but give them a time. I believe December patch should solve lots of issues before DICE is going on vacation till end of January ...
  • RabNebula
    FuT-DJ_Cas wrote: »
    Yeap. DICE didn't fix those critical top 5 issues which were requested by many, but give them a time. I believe December patch should solve lots of issues before DICE is going on vacation till end of January ...

I hope for their sake that they sort it by then. It would look pretty bad for a lot of the xmas players. They've already missed a big opportunity with the Black Friday noobies.
  • RabNebula
    diagoro wrote: »
    Dice ONLY listened after the BF4 release fiasco, when they got a lot of bad press. Or was it after EA stockholders sued???

They don't learn, nor does EA.

I don't know who sued who. I thought there were a lot of people who took them to trading standards though.
  • gamingwithlofty
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    there are some long post on here, do you even play the game? or just complain on forums?
  • RabNebula
    edited November 2016
    there are some long post on here, do you even play the game? or just complain on forums?

No I've never played the game ever. What is AA and what is "Battlepack"? Never heard of any of it. Of course I've played the game, foolish question. Don't just mark it down as "complaining" like it's just unjustified noise. It's valid points with constructive suggestions. Got a problem with it then don't read it and don't get involved if you have nothing to offer the discussion. Forums are here for discussion about the game, not about judging the people posting. Troll boy.
  • MackGrunt88
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Let's just nerf every weapon, then no one can ever complain again.
  • TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The gas grenades are fine...there's 2 because it's not a OHK grenade.
  • RabNebula
    edited November 2016
    Let's just nerf every weapon, then no one can ever complain again.
    The gas grenades are fine...there's 2 because it's not a OHK grenade.

No and no.

Some things need buffs like LMG's a little. Then other things need some nerfs. Snipers sweet spots are just ridiculous and make it too easy to snipe and means way too many teams are heavily weighted toward that or assault the majority of the time (theres been a lot of times where I've seen full 32 man teams with 2 medics and 1 support!). Shotguns do need nerfs as they hit absurd ranges (not just the Hunter but that one is the worst of a very bad bunch).

Just because gas grenades aren't OHK doesn't mean you should get 2 of them. They do plenty of damage over a wide area for long periods of area denial, they phantom kill through walls, kill people who aren't even standing in the visible gas area AND most of the time its as I said, like the Hulk has just come to town and done a fart after he ate 30 hot burritos the night before. It's unenjoyable walking around for most of the game in a gas mask. They also melt sentries but do nothing to flame troopers and thats just silly balancing. If they don't sort the gas out then people will quit the game. Friendly gas makes you trip out and suppresses your vision far too much, enemy gas does the same but also does a lot of damage for what it should especially as there isn't much of a slow release to it to get gas masks on either. If you're on low health and not a medic then its best to bunker down with a gas mask on ready for the inevitable gas to come because there is loads of it.

The worst is when its foggy, theres gas everywhere, fire and also someone throws a smoke in for good measure. It makes you completely 100% blind for a very long time and again it's just not fun. It kills the game and allows for pure spamming by allowing 2 gas grenades.
    Post edited by RabNebula on
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd definitely love to see gas and shotguns (A-10 specifically) addressed in the next patch.

I'm so sick and tired of maps being covered in gas... it's just an annoyance, and rarely serves its intended purpose of giving one side an advantage by preventing the other from ADSing.

And the A-10... well, nothing more needs be said about that noob cannon.
  • InqusitorLorne
    84 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't know why you guys complain about the gas. It's the most obvious tell ever. Chuck in a couple gas grenades, set up the LMG a little ways away pointing at the door, and mulch the assault players as they rush out.

Gas = Players

You Shoot Players

So:

P=G(B+Ch)-Gr

P(Players)=G(as)xB(unker)+Ch(oke)-Gr(enades).

Simple.