PC Ultra Graphics Downgrade "Bug" Workaround

cdub4784
84 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited February 2017
Guys I'm on latest nvidia driver, switch to auto wait 20 seconds then back to ultra. Fixed the downgraded look of bf1. It does work.

Additionally, These steps can be taken to force the workaround
1- Open battlefield 1 in My Documents
2- Open Settings folder
3- Delete everything, EXCEPT PROFSAVE and PROSAVE_backup, these files is your campaign gameplay and has nothing to do.
4- Enter the game
5- set the quality to ultra, or whatever you had before

Additionally, Changing the settings to Auto prior to joining a server from the main menu, And then Joining a server with the settings on Auto and then changing to Ultra upon joining also can force the workaround.

*update 23-11-2016*

I had previously believed the same and thought that this temporary solution simply didn't work for me (after switching from Ultra/Auto/Ultra), until I decided to return my rendering resolution to the 100% default (instead of the 120% that I was using previously). I closed the game after making the adjustment and re-launched it. Once loaded, I returned my rendering resolution back to 120% and to my surprise, everything appeared exactly as it was prior to the fall update patch. I have a feeling this might be the reason that this temporary solution might not be working for some people, because until I performed said actions, I saw no change and it still appeared "downgraded".

So to anyone attempting this temporary solution and didn't see the change, perform the actions I mentioned above and Battlefield 1 will likely return back to its original graphically impressive state, as it did for me. Good luck all.

Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• cdub4784
    This does work I was skeptical also but it does
  • BigF33t_13
    5765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If you would have looked at your PROFSAVE_profile file before hand, you may have noticed the graphics settings didn't match up to the in game settings post update.
  • I-OutRagE-I
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can't wait to leave work and try this. If this whole thing was just a bug I will be blown away. Seems like Dice would have found it to be just that days ago. Hows the performance?
  • cdub4784
    Seriously I couldn't believe either I don't get it, you have to go to auto then back to ultra
  • Solid_9493
    855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Really?Just like that?
  • I-OutRagE-I
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    If you would have looked at your PROFSAVE_profile file before hand, you may have noticed the graphics settings didn't match up to the in game settings post update.

Been there done that. Overall graphics 5, most others a 3. Didnt see any problems there.
  • cdub4784
    Yeah it actually improved once you stitch to auto
  • Solid_9493
    855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    "1- Open battlefield 1 in My Documents
    2- Open Settings
    3- Delete everything, EXCEPT PROFSAVE and PROSAVE_backup, these files is your campaign gameplay and has nothing to do.
    4- Enter the game
    5- set the quality to ultra, or whatever you had before

Do this people,i saw it on another post and i tryed it.It really works
  • BigF33t_13
    5765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think they did that on purpose in the last update hoping it would temporarily fix some of the issues.
  • cdub4784
    It works fellas confirm for me please
  • Solid_9493
    cdub4784 wrote: »
    It works fellas confirm for me please

yes bro it does thanks!
  • cdub4784
    Need more confirms
  • LOLGotYerTags
    7292 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    @cdub4784
    Are you OK for me to change the title and sticky this temporarily?

~LGYT
  • cdub4784
    @cdub4784

~LGYT

What does that mean
  • LOLGotYerTags
    7292 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    @cdub4784

~LGYT

What does that mean

It means "Do you mind if I edit your post and title and keep the thread at the top of the Forum for more people to see" lol
  • cdub4784
    @cdub4784

~LGYT

What does that mean

It means "Do you mind if I edit your post and title and keep the thread at the top of the Forum for more people to see" lol

Yes by all means let's get this fixed out there so happy right now
  • I-OutRagE-I
    Lol..
  • AldermachXI
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can't remember if it was BF3 or 4 now, but I remember a patch screwing up all the video presets at one point. (i.e. Ultra was Low, High was Ultra, Medium was High, etc)

Wouldn't put it past them to screw it up again...
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Thank you @cdub4784

Changes are in effect and Thread stickied until the issue is resolved. :)
  • ceris8514
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Does this work with custom graphics settings? I usually have everything on ultra except the last two settings i keep one level before max.