Weekly BF

Anyone else sick of getting caught on fire off random map debris?

I-ron1n-I
40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Like, I know it's not a major issue or anything, and it's not like the dinky little spot fires on the map are hard to avoid.

But between dodging gas, fire grenades, flares, trip incendiaries...It's getting kind of tedious taking 40-50 damage from the map itself randomly because you had the audacity to sprint past a tiny ground flame to avoid a grenade.

Again, not saying it's that big a deal. I'm just struggling to see what it actually adds to the experience other than needless frustration?

Comments

• Ronin0ni
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It adds importance of situational awareness to avoid what should be considered a hazard.

Fire is hazardous. It's always been a bit silly you could lay in burning wreckage before and take no damage using it for concealment. You shouldn't be able to lay in fire for concealment.

Honestly I think Normal mode should have splash/fire/gas FF on, only giving a pass on bullets/direct hits or something. (actually, I'd just put FF on, but that's probably and unpopular opinion)
  • Treborlavok
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Situational awareness man! Just like the drops, barbwire and everything else.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not since I unlocked my Flamethrower asbestos boots.