Weekly Debrief

Potential Fix to the Server Browser + Matchmaking System

Px-Progdogg
442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I'm just going to go ahead and quote @ElStryfe - though he did not go into detail, I will. Please give feedback.
ElStryfe wrote: »
Here's an easyish fix. If the Quick Match is just for "Official" servers. How about just remove them from the Server Browser? Just put the RSP in the browser. Then add your second quick match feature for RSP servers. And then you can change the amount of servers it displays from 50 to 250 for example.

This is a very logical approach. @Striterax. This would potentially keep everyone happy, custom owners can browse all custom servers without having DICE drown them out, all RSP's will be equal without DICE servers. There is really no need for DICE Official and DICE Hardcore servers to display in the server browser at all.

- Main QM Goes to DICE Official Only
- Main QM HC Goes to DICE Hardcore Only

Server Browser has RSP Only
- QM in Server Browser goes to Vanilla RSP Only
- QM in Hardcore Server Browser goes to HC Vanilla RSP Only

Server Browser has Custom Checkbox
- All custom servers display
- Options can be refined using filter (and it actually works)

The filter should be used for custom servers as a priority, the only reason the browser/filter is being used is to remove Official and Vanilla servers so we can see what custom servers we have. The filter refining needs to work properly.

The other option/addition would be to have 3 check boxes in the server filter:
- DICE Official
- RSP Vanilla
- RSP Custom

So I can uncheck DICE and have Vanilla and Custom only RSP's displaying in my region. Or have just custom servers ticked.

This is the best feedback I can offer. Currently the system prioritises DICE servers and favours vanilla servers. Custom servers are left empty and impossible to use, for those that prefer hardcore/custom the current system is terribly unfair.

Comments

• iT_Terkoz
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Great Post. And all this needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. Interest in getting a couple of servers is already starting to wane in my clan as people are getting bored of the vanilla experience. And getting into any of the smaller game modes is almost impossible already. I've been unable to get a fog of war run and only managed a pigeon round once.
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm just going to go ahead and quote @ElStryfe - though he did not go into detail, I will. Please give feedback.
    Here's an easyish fix. If the Quick Match is just for "Official" servers. How about just remove them from the Server Browser? Just put the RSP in the browser. Then add your second quick match feature for RSP servers. And then you can change the amount of servers it displays from 50 to 250 for example.

This is a very logical approach. @Striterax. This would potentially keep everyone happy, custom owners can browse all custom servers without having DICE drown them out, all RSP's will be equal without DICE servers. There is really no need for DICE Official and DICE Hardcore servers to display in the server browser at all.

The filter should be used for custom servers as a priority, the only reason the browser/filter is being used is to remove Official and Vanilla servers so we can see what custom servers we have. The filter refining needs to work properly.

- DICE Official
    - RSP Vanilla
    - RSP Custom

So I can uncheck DICE and have Vanilla and Custom only RSP's displaying in my region. Or have just custom servers ticked.

This is the best feedback I can offer. Currently the system prioritises DICE servers and favours vanilla servers. Custom servers are left empty and impossible to use, for those that prefer hardcore/custom the current system is terribly unfair.

Most of the people use the matchmaking n the beginning of the menu, so the vanilla RSP servers would get allot less! They should get the same kind of traffic that the DICE official get , because they are the same!
    If there is any difference, DICE just has to make sure that when somebody clicks on say rush , that he does not end up in a mixed server because otherwise JF starts to whine...

Its all very simple, why complicate it!
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

- DICE Official
    - RSP Vanilla
    - RSP Custom

Most of the people use the matchmaking n the beginning of the menu, so the vanilla RSP servers would get allot less! They should get the same kind of traffic that the DICE official get , because they are the same!
    If there is any difference, DICE just has to make sure that when somebody clicks on say rush , that he does not end up in a mixed server because otherwise JF starts to whine...

Its all very simple, why complicate it!

Ok well if thats the case then just leave Vanilla RSP out of the server browser along with DICE. If all you want is QM traffic then have it. Leave the server browser to servers with server changes. When I go to the filter I don't want to see DICE Official or RSP Official thats why I am in the server filter to begin with. I can guarantee that Vanilla server owners will start to complain that people can't see their renamed DICE server in the browser and we will be back to square one.
  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    no we want to be in the server browser list and have the QM, as long if we are not custom, just like in bf4
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not a very good solution for those who want to use the server browser and get into a DICE server.

And it doesn't solve the problem of populating new and custom servers.
  • PBS-powerbits01
    incapslap wrote: »
    Not a very good solution for those who want to use the server browser and get into a DICE server.

And it doesn't solve the problem of populating new and custom servers.

If you want to get in a dice server, use the browser , custom servers have no QM, other server do
  • Jabaariyn
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just make QM for DICE, and the Server Browser for RSP..
  • PBS-powerbits01

Then we loose allot of traffic to our servers
  • -3D-Pix
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Vanilla servers should be in both QM and The Browser.

If you want custom rules, you deserve a separate button or the server browser.
    Don't **** on the small communities running Vanilla servers and QM because you can't have a button for a server that changes everything about the game.
    Post edited by -3D-Pix on
  • CitizenX13225
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't know how to find non dice servers
    Please help
  • Jabaariyn
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016

True, but it's a service we never really enjoyed in previous BF titles, right? If the server browser worked, and was dedicated to RSP, then people looking for that "experience" would be able to find it. Then it's up to the server "owner" to provide the experience that's worth coming back to, donating to etc etc..

As been previously stated by others, which I agree with, is why rent a server that's the same as a DICE server, just to slap a name on it. One you can't admin, and change any features?

If we want to be different, would should expect to populate the servers ourselves..my 2 cents

But until the server browser works, and lists ALL RSP Servers, there's no point even talking about it..
  • -3D-Pix
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

True, but it's a service we never really enjoyed in previous BF titles, right? If the server browser worked, and was dedicated to RSP, then people looking for that "experience" would be able to find it. Then it's up to the server "owner" to provide the experience that's worth coming back to, donating to etc etc..

Just because we never had it before doesn't mean we shouldn't have it now, I think that's a pretty lame thing to say.

QM has greatly helped my small organization have a thriving server.
    If you want custom rules other than the Vanilla, you know what you are getting yourself into with the server browser.

Just my 2c.
  • Jabaariyn
    edited November 2016
    -3D-Pix wrote: »

Just because we never had it before doesn't mean we shouldn't have it now, I think that's a pretty lame thing to say.

If you want custom rules other than the Vanilla, you know what you are getting yourself into with the server browser.

Just my 2c.

I hear you..I edit my post slightly, but my opinion still remains the same..

But sure, if you want to provide a Vanilla server, then yes I agree that it should also be receiving QM players..
  • PBS-powerbits01
    edited November 2016

As been previously stated by others, which I agree with, is why rent a server that's the same as a DICE server, just to slap a name on it. One you can't admin, and change any features?

If we want to be different, would should expect to populate the servers ourselves..my 2 cents

But until the server browser works, and lists ALL RSP Servers, there's no point even talking about it..

I like to keep things as they are in BF4, you have a few choices:
    -Put your server in OFFICIAL , you get the matchmaking traffic
    -Put it in RANKED, you enjoy the public normal setting with admin rights etc...
    -Put in in custom, you enjoy a smaller base of the public..

But these settings are our choice! DICE just gives QM only to their own server because of a "bug"...

At this moment, servers need attention and the QM can provide that until we have a better base of players...

The BF1 rented servers are completely dead now, this you do not see on a ranked server in BF4, so the situation is completely alarming and another slap in the face!

• PBS-powerbits01
    -3D-Pix wrote: »

Just my 2c.

I agree completely
  • Gatornade
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
  • Not_Paul_Blart
    808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    Wanna know my suggestion as a quick fix for this problem? JUST GO BACK TO THE OLD SYSTEM! IT WORKED PERFECTLY!

And I don't even mean the old BF4 PC 3rd party program, I just mean the system that was in place just prior to when they decided to stop allowing QM traffic into custom servers. The person that made this latest change needs to admit he made an absolutely terrible decision and just revert it back to the way it was. This is honestly one of the poorest decisions in the history of online gaming. This guy flat out made custom servers completely useless and is going to (and in fact has already due to refunds) cost his company quite a bit of money due to loss of rent-a-server revenue.

Just go back to the way it was!
  • PBS-powerbits01
    Gatornade wrote: »

i like that, but put a nice pic for the community.. and in time people will realise the power of the community and how much BETTER it is
  • Jabaariyn

I like to keep things as they are in BF4, you have a few choices:
    -Put your server in OFFICIAL , you get the matchmaking traffic
    -Put it in RANKED, you enjoy the public normal setting with admin rights etc...
    -Put in in custom, you enjoy a smaller base of the public..

But these settings are our choice! DICE just gives QM only to their own server because of a "bug"...

At this moment, servers need attention and the QM can provide that until we have a better base of players...

The BF1 rented servers are completely dead now, this you do not see on a ranked server in BF4, so the situation is completely alarming and another slap in the face!

Totally agree..the way the server browser worked in BF3/BF4 was near perfect..