Make 'Infantry' Bolt Action Rifles Accessible for All Classes

«13
TheMightyHog
19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I strongly believe that all classes should have access to the 'infantry' class bolt action rifles.

I am far from being a lone when I say that I play almost exclusively as a 'scout'. Not to be a 'sniper', but because this is the only class that offers me a thorough and immersive World War One experience. One of the main complaints I see in-game is people constantly complaining about there being too many 'snipers', after speaking to many people in-game many others feel the same, a good majority of them are playing scout for the WWI experience. The problem we have is that this means everyone has access to a whole load of scopes making them in essence 'snipers', although plenty of us are playing with 'infantry' rifles without a scope.

My argument is that if the basic 'infantry' rifles were accessible for ALL classes, this would encourage less people to play 'scout', it would reduce the number of snipers and boost the number of assault, support and medic classes. With all having access to this type of rifle it will not have any negative impacts on balance and can only help team play as more of us will have the tools to help out.

Thoughts?

Comments

  • HansVanLuger
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This was already discussed earlier today in another thread.

    Unfortunately, this game isn't like Red Orchestra 2. It's more arcade in gameplay style.

    This is something that would never come true, unless it is designed as an entire 'realism' gamemode.
  • Monstruo696
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This was already discussed earlier today in another thread.

    Unfortunately, this game isn't like Red Orchestra 2. It's more arcade in gameplay style.

    This is something that would never come true, unless it is designed as an entire 'realism' gamemode.

    What?
  • HansVanLuger
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

    What?

    Go play Red Orchestra 2 normie and you'll find that everything OP is asking for is in that game.
  • Chuc0743
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm gonna post to bump the thread.

    I completely agree with op. It would actually balance the game not unbalance it.

    I really hope they do it. I want to be a medic with an infantry rifle but I'm stuck with scout.

    The people who dont agree are the ones who want to limit the scout class. They don't want the rifles in game period. It all comes down to the kill range of the rifle nothing else.

    I hope DICE stops listening to them and actually make WWI weapons available in a WWI game.

    NO LIMITS, NO NERFS, RIFLES FOR ALL
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Chuc0743 wrote: »
    I'm gonna post to bump the thread.

    I completely agree with op. It would actually balance the game not unbalance it.

    I really hope they do it. I want to be a medic with an infantry rifle but I'm stuck with scout.

    The people who dont agree are the ones who want to limit the scout class. They don't want the rifles in game period. It all comes down to the kill range of the rifle nothing else.

    I hope DICE stops listening to them and actually make WWI weapons available in a WWI game.

    NO LIMITS, NO NERFS, RIFLES FOR ALL

    Are you serious? So, just because I disagree, I want the Scout class limited? That is as far from the truth as you can get. I love sniping in BF1, but I fail to see how giving those rifles to every class would balance the game. Could you please explain that?
  • GreenRey
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We're dealing with two problems here.

    Problem 1. Scouts are soon to be limited in BF1 pretty much screwing over scouts that PTFO and exclusively use infantry rifles for the immersion of WW1. This is a major problem because not only will you be destroying the experience for a lot people who play BF1 for the ww1 theme and simultaneously neglecting bolt action rifles which were THEE Most prominent weapons in ww1; you'll also throw the balance off and bring engagements much closer than ever before, which many players aren't a fan of. Running and spraying bullets isn't in the mind of every Battlefield player, but this scout limit will promote more of that spastic gameplay.

    Problem 2: Although I'm somewhat for this should the scout limit be implemented; adding infantry rifles to all classes will create a new player base that already favor medic, assault or support with the ability to sit back with bolt actions regardless of the scout limitation. It will simply open up a whole plethora of problems that will eventually have to be addressed like for example; I can already envision a support player with a bolt action sitting on some hill with infinite ammo, or a medic constantly healing himself after enemies spot and shoot him on a rock far up on the mountains of Monte Grappa. You're basically opening up the door for all classes to be able to play this way. The balance would truly be thrown off and that's something DICE cannot afford right now.

    Hill camper will always be hill campers regardless of what limitations or changes you make in the game. At least with the scout limit we'll see less of them, hopefully right?
  • ZOMBIE_BAIT_368
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    All we need is a "Realism" custom game mode. Bolt action rifles with iron sights only.

    Make the weapons faction specific and you've just satisfied a good portion of fans who wanted a realistic "Red Orchestra" style experiance.
  • Cooja89
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Agreed. I like what DICE have done with the class diversity and i don't believe adding bolt-action infantry to all classes would hinder that.

    All classes still get their unique weapons which goes with their, "play your FPS how you want" policy, so that's all still there. BUT, they did advertise this as a WW1 game, so locking away the most commonly used rifles to 1 class is a big F U to alot of people.

    I want class diversity, i wanto be able to destroy tanks, but your making me have to use an unrealistic SMG in the process, WHY?!
  • Chuc0743
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NZepica wrote: »
    Chuc0743 wrote: »
    I'm gonna post to bump the thread.

    I completely agree with op. It would actually balance the game not unbalance it.

    I really hope they do it. I want to be a medic with an infantry rifle but I'm stuck with scout.

    The people who dont agree are the ones who want to limit the scout class. They don't want the rifles in game period. It all comes down to the kill range of the rifle nothing else.

    I hope DICE stops listening to them and actually make WWI weapons available in a WWI game.

    NO LIMITS, NO NERFS, RIFLES FOR ALL

    Are you serious? So, just because I disagree, I want the Scout class limited? That is as far from the truth as you can get. I love sniping in BF1, but I fail to see how giving those rifles to every class would balance the game. Could you please explain that?

    Okay sorry I worded that a bit wrong my bad.

    Don't limit scouts an give all classes infantry rifles balances the problem. Assault and support can't counter a sniper, now they can but at a cost. Isn't that balance. Medics already get better weapons so I don't see a problem. Campers will still use the scout snipers.

    I don't see the imbalance. If you limit the scout class then the will become unbalanced. Just like what was said before
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ok, I can see where you're coming from with that. Still though, DICE has designed each class to dominate at certain ranges, and giving all classes the ability to dominate mid-long range with bolt-actions kinda removes that. I personally love the rock-paper-scissors balance DICE has going, as it forces you to adapt to the situation at hand.
    Chuc0743 wrote: »
    NZepica wrote: »
    Chuc0743 wrote: »
    I'm gonna post to bump the thread.

    I completely agree with op. It would actually balance the game not unbalance it.

    I really hope they do it. I want to be a medic with an infantry rifle but I'm stuck with scout.

    The people who dont agree are the ones who want to limit the scout class. They don't want the rifles in game period. It all comes down to the kill range of the rifle nothing else.

    I hope DICE stops listening to them and actually make WWI weapons available in a WWI game.

    NO LIMITS, NO NERFS, RIFLES FOR ALL

    Are you serious? So, just because I disagree, I want the Scout class limited? That is as far from the truth as you can get. I love sniping in BF1, but I fail to see how giving those rifles to every class would balance the game. Could you please explain that?

    Okay sorry I worded that a bit wrong my bad.

    Don't limit scouts an give all classes infantry rifles balances the problem. Assault and support can't counter a sniper, now they can but at a cost. Isn't that balance. Medics already get better weapons so I don't see a problem. Campers will still use the scout snipers.

    I don't see the imbalance. If you limit the scout class then the will become unbalanced. Just like what was said before
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Play a scout if you want to use bolt actions, everyone just wants the convenience of better gadgets because the scout has the worst ones, there is no other reason for it (and I'm not saying scout gadgets are bad, and I'm not asking for buffs in the department but compared to ammo, health and AT capabilities come on).
  • Theleux
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Once DICE allowes custom servers to limit what specific weapons can be used in a match, then there will be 'realism' geared servers. For Battlefield overall, I do not see this being implemented into official matches.
  • kontrollyourself
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They will never limit scouts on official servers.
    Giving everyone bolt actions will completely break the game.
    Because I'll get my bolt action for headshots and AT grenades and an AT rocket gun.
    Or hill humpers could hump hills sniping and use morters too.
    They just need to bring proper bullet drop back.
    Then all the noobs and cod kids will switch to a different class or go back to cod.
    And God I wish they would get rid of that stupid sniper shield.
  • SliceNaToooR
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    +1 for Bolt Actions for all classes

    This is the reason why I spent 90% + of my time as a Scout.

    Give me the Infantry version of Gewehr 95/98 on another class a LOT.

    And if anything, if there is ever a Scout limit, I'm probably done with this game. (I don't mind a limit to scoped riffle, but deciding which class / weapons I can't play with is just ain't my idea of fun.)


    I for one, also don't think giving iron sighted Bolt Action to all classe would break class balance.
    It would actually make the game a little bit less close range, but not as ridiculously long range as hardcore mode is.
    We will always need Medic, Support, Assault and Scout for different reasons, too.
  • kontrollyourself
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Fine give everyone a bolt action that is a 3 or 4 shot kill. Maybe even 5.

    Or maybe people seeking more realism should go play ARMA.
  • NewGIGNRecruit
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No. This throws off the balance completely for each class' role in the game.
    - Support literally supports his team
    - Medic is the medic
    - Assault is the front liner
    - Scout is the back line, taking out other scouts and HVTs

    I'm not against doing a custom "realism" mode where everyone plays with bolt actions, but giving every class a infantry variant of the bolt actions is a terrible idea.
  • Graphic-J
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2016
    it is a WW1 themed game after all. It's not like they are that great, with long reloads but don't make the rate of fire so quick. Just give scope-less bolt action rifles to all but without scopes and give scope only rifles to snipers. Makes sense really, don't know why DICE can't grasp that idea.

    Now the mass amount of Scouts "sweet spot", laser-like, cheesy one hit kill spam plaguing the game... yeah that is just broken thanks to DICE to bring in the ca$ual crown and unfortunately it worked.
  • Chuc0743
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There should be no argument. It's a WWI game it should be a no brained.

    The main weapon during the war was a bolt action rifle, used for the hole war but they are locked to the most useless class. The rest of the weapons were still being tested or released in the last few months of 1918.

    DICE based the game in 1918 so they could make the same type of fps game they always have. They should of just made a ww2 game instead because they completely stuffed up this era in history and not just with the guns.
  • Chewbaccamole
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hell no. Stop this.

    Stop trying to kill class identity. Battlefield is not a 100% accurate historical representation of WWI.

    Want bolt-actions only? Go play Verdun or Red Orchestra.
This discussion has been closed.