All conquest maps need to have AA and LOTS of it.

2

Comments

  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.

    @DivineBaal - Step #1 for you should be actually getting into a plane and understanding how air combat works, before you start complaining about what's wrong.

    Bingo.
    I don't Stat bash unless their are those suggesting balance on something they know nothing about.
  • DingoKillr
    4125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.

    @DivineBaal - Step #1 for you should be actually getting into a plane and understanding how air combat works, before you start complaining about what's wrong.

    Bingo.
    I don't Stat bash unless their are those suggesting balance on something they know nothing about.

    Do you say the same about a guy that has never used stationary AA but wanted it nerfed, and still tells others how powerful it is.

    For me AA is almost most useless now, the so called tough map Monte Grappa, I spent about 10 minutes flying around the mountain in a fighter attacking and destroying the Airship, helping with destroying 3 planes, doing a couple of ground attacks. I would have gone longer if I did not hit E by mistake. I have been told by so called better pilots that I am rubbish.
  • Hawxxeye
    7089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.
    I respectfully disagree. There is one map that usually has a lack of AA.
    The Sinai desert map has AA only on the in the 3 bases that are in the middle of the map (C, D and G). A total 4 of them if I recall.
    .
    In my personal experience all of them tend to get destroyed quite fast either by a ground fight or by bombers. One of the 2 AAs at G can in fact be destroyed permanently if someone demolishes the building that it is on.
    .
    So often this map turns into what I call "Pilot's Safe Space" where a decent bomber with a decent tailgunner is almost unchallenged.
    .
    The only counters right now in Sinai there are a good trench bomber pilot or someone who manages to snatch a vehicle slot from the tank ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ for an AA truck.
    .
    I say that as someone who is both decent at flying in bombers and at destroying them from the ground https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/pc/Hawxxeye/vehicles (as well at bombing AAs)
  • wigtown
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Although I am happy to disagree with everyone who posted after you on a variety of issues, calling all pilots 'scum' devalues both your argument and the game in general.

    (to qualify, calling someone scum where I'm from invites a glassing)
  • Subcool789
    667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.

    @DivineBaal - Step #1 for you should be actually getting into a plane and understanding how air combat works, before you start complaining about what's wrong.

    Bingo.
    I don't Stat bash unless their are those suggesting balance on something they know nothing about.

    Do you say the same about a guy that has never used stationary AA but wanted it nerfed, and still tells others how powerful it is.

    For me AA is almost most useless now, the so called tough map Monte Grappa, I spent about 10 minutes flying around the mountain in a fighter attacking and destroying the Airship, helping with destroying 3 planes, doing a couple of ground attacks. I would have gone longer if I did not hit E by mistake. I have been told by so called better pilots that I am rubbish.

    Wow what an amazing OP experience in a plane you had. You flew for 10 minutes while their Airship was up. Meaning your team was focused on using the AA against it and the enemy team has less reason to use the AA because the Airship is up. Wow man, amazing plane OP experience.

    I use the AA plenty, pre-patch and post patch. It is far from useless. Are you even hitting planes with it? It kills attack and fighter planes in one salvo before overheating. Like how does that make it useless? The range wasn't even changed on the stationary ones.
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.

    @DivineBaal - Step #1 for you should be actually getting into a plane and understanding how air combat works, before you start complaining about what's wrong.

    Bingo.
    I don't Stat bash unless their are those suggesting balance on something they know nothing about.

    Do you say the same about a guy that has never used stationary AA but wanted it nerfed, and still tells others how powerful it is.

    For me AA is almost most useless now, the so called tough map Monte Grappa, I spent about 10 minutes flying around the mountain in a fighter attacking and destroying the Airship, helping with destroying 3 planes, doing a couple of ground attacks. I would have gone longer if I did not hit E by mistake. I have been told by so called better pilots that I am rubbish.

    Cause a Vehicle with a Hard counter is so comparable to a stationary point and click. Please.
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Subcool789 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.

    @DivineBaal - Step #1 for you should be actually getting into a plane and understanding how air combat works, before you start complaining about what's wrong.

    Bingo.
    I don't Stat bash unless their are those suggesting balance on something they know nothing about.

    Do you say the same about a guy that has never used stationary AA but wanted it nerfed, and still tells others how powerful it is.

    For me AA is almost most useless now, the so called tough map Monte Grappa, I spent about 10 minutes flying around the mountain in a fighter attacking and destroying the Airship, helping with destroying 3 planes, doing a couple of ground attacks. I would have gone longer if I did not hit E by mistake. I have been told by so called better pilots that I am rubbish.

    Wow what an amazing OP experience in a plane you had. You flew for 10 minutes while their Airship was up. Meaning your team was focused on using the AA against it and the enemy team has less reason to use the AA because the Airship is up. Wow man, amazing plane OP experience.

    I use the AA plenty, pre-patch and post patch. It is far from useless. Are you even hitting planes with it? It kills attack and fighter planes in one salvo before overheating. Like how does that make it useless? The range wasn't even changed on the stationary ones.

    This as well
  • DingoKillr
    4125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Subcool789 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.

    @DivineBaal - Step #1 for you should be actually getting into a plane and understanding how air combat works, before you start complaining about what's wrong.

    Bingo.
    I don't Stat bash unless their are those suggesting balance on something they know nothing about.

    Do you say the same about a guy that has never used stationary AA but wanted it nerfed, and still tells others how powerful it is.

    For me AA is almost most useless now, the so called tough map Monte Grappa, I spent about 10 minutes flying around the mountain in a fighter attacking and destroying the Airship, helping with destroying 3 planes, doing a couple of ground attacks. I would have gone longer if I did not hit E by mistake. I have been told by so called better pilots that I am rubbish.

    Wow what an amazing OP experience in a plane you had. You flew for 10 minutes while their Airship was up. Meaning your team was focused on using the AA against it and the enemy team has less reason to use the AA because the Airship is up. Wow man, amazing plane OP experience.

    I use the AA plenty, pre-patch and post patch. It is far from useless. Are you even hitting planes with it? It kills attack and fighter planes in one salvo before overheating. Like how does that make it useless? The range wasn't even changed on the stationary ones.
    So your saying it was a bad team because
    1) They did not use their 3 planes.
    2) No one switched to the AA Truck to counter my teams Aircrafts
    3) They did not use Stationary AA to protect their Airship
    4) They did not use the Airship AA.

    You would be wrong 1,3 and 4, maybe they could not aim straight or just every time I was hit I was able to make it out of range behind cover and repair.
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Subcool789 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.

    @DivineBaal - Step #1 for you should be actually getting into a plane and understanding how air combat works, before you start complaining about what's wrong.

    Bingo.
    I don't Stat bash unless their are those suggesting balance on something they know nothing about.

    Do you say the same about a guy that has never used stationary AA but wanted it nerfed, and still tells others how powerful it is.

    For me AA is almost most useless now, the so called tough map Monte Grappa, I spent about 10 minutes flying around the mountain in a fighter attacking and destroying the Airship, helping with destroying 3 planes, doing a couple of ground attacks. I would have gone longer if I did not hit E by mistake. I have been told by so called better pilots that I am rubbish.

    Wow what an amazing OP experience in a plane you had. You flew for 10 minutes while their Airship was up. Meaning your team was focused on using the AA against it and the enemy team has less reason to use the AA because the Airship is up. Wow man, amazing plane OP experience.

    I use the AA plenty, pre-patch and post patch. It is far from useless. Are you even hitting planes with it? It kills attack and fighter planes in one salvo before overheating. Like how does that make it useless? The range wasn't even changed on the stationary ones.
    So your saying it was a bad team because
    1) They did not use their 3 planes.
    2) No one switched to the AA Truck to counter my teams Aircrafts
    3) They did not use Stationary AA to protect their Airship
    4) They did not use the Airship AA.

    You would be wrong 1,3 and 4, maybe they could not aim straight or just every time I was hit I was able to make it out of range behind cover and repair.

    Yes that it exactly what he is saying.
  • Subcool789
    667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Subcool789 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.

    @DivineBaal - Step #1 for you should be actually getting into a plane and understanding how air combat works, before you start complaining about what's wrong.

    Bingo.
    I don't Stat bash unless their are those suggesting balance on something they know nothing about.

    Do you say the same about a guy that has never used stationary AA but wanted it nerfed, and still tells others how powerful it is.

    For me AA is almost most useless now, the so called tough map Monte Grappa, I spent about 10 minutes flying around the mountain in a fighter attacking and destroying the Airship, helping with destroying 3 planes, doing a couple of ground attacks. I would have gone longer if I did not hit E by mistake. I have been told by so called better pilots that I am rubbish.

    Wow what an amazing OP experience in a plane you had. You flew for 10 minutes while their Airship was up. Meaning your team was focused on using the AA against it and the enemy team has less reason to use the AA because the Airship is up. Wow man, amazing plane OP experience.

    I use the AA plenty, pre-patch and post patch. It is far from useless. Are you even hitting planes with it? It kills attack and fighter planes in one salvo before overheating. Like how does that make it useless? The range wasn't even changed on the stationary ones.
    So your saying it was a bad team because
    1) They did not use their 3 planes.
    2) No one switched to the AA Truck to counter my teams Aircrafts
    3) They did not use Stationary AA to protect their Airship
    4) They did not use the Airship AA.

    You would be wrong 1,3 and 4, maybe they could not aim straight or just every time I was hit I was able to make it out of range behind cover and repair.

    Basically, yeah. The enemy Airship was up so they had less incentive to use the AA. That's what always happens. On top of that, if they had the Airship, then your team was clearly winning which means holding more objectives. Which then means your team had greater control of the AA turrets. How is this hard to understand?

    If you think planes are OP because you were able to fly around being mildly effective for 10 minutes that's just stupid. They probably only had access to objective A's AA or the spawn AA. The Airship was probably over B/D/C so the AA they did have access to was barely able to reach you. What a surprise you flew around for a bit and did plane things! Truly amazing!
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, make it like AA Superiority.
  • DingoKillr
    4125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.

    @DivineBaal - Step #1 for you should be actually getting into a plane and understanding how air combat works, before you start complaining about what's wrong.

    Bingo.
    I don't Stat bash unless their are those suggesting balance on something they know nothing about.

    Do you say the same about a guy that has never used stationary AA but wanted it nerfed, and still tells others how powerful it is.

    For me AA is almost most useless now, the so called tough map Monte Grappa, I spent about 10 minutes flying around the mountain in a fighter attacking and destroying the Airship, helping with destroying 3 planes, doing a couple of ground attacks. I would have gone longer if I did not hit E by mistake. I have been told by so called better pilots that I am rubbish.

    Cause a Vehicle with a Hard counter is so comparable to a stationary point and click. Please.

    You talk of experience but are trying to downplay players experience because they don't have a tick in a box. Yet when players do have that tick you try to minimize it because it not what you want to hear.

    Most of this game is just point and click.
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.

    @DivineBaal - Step #1 for you should be actually getting into a plane and understanding how air combat works, before you start complaining about what's wrong.

    Bingo.
    I don't Stat bash unless their are those suggesting balance on something they know nothing about.

    Do you say the same about a guy that has never used stationary AA but wanted it nerfed, and still tells others how powerful it is.

    For me AA is almost most useless now, the so called tough map Monte Grappa, I spent about 10 minutes flying around the mountain in a fighter attacking and destroying the Airship, helping with destroying 3 planes, doing a couple of ground attacks. I would have gone longer if I did not hit E by mistake. I have been told by so called better pilots that I am rubbish.

    Cause a Vehicle with a Hard counter is so comparable to a stationary point and click. Please.

    You talk of experience but are trying to downplay players experience because they don't have a tick in a box. Yet when players do have that tick you try to minimize it because it not what you want to hear.

    Most of this game is just point and click.

    First of no I don't skip over one for another cause I feel like it but a person is not going to have 100s of kills in a AA unless that all he does. For example I've said multiple times in other threads their is heavy bias towards pilots on operations so saying I'm bias towards one is not true.

    I don't need 100s of kills in an AA to see how effective it is but if I have 0 kills in a plane then I have 0 clue on Air play and the effects the AA had on a plane so suggesting "oh my God whiny fly boys" or "easy mode pilots want their crutch" makes you look like an idiot if you don't have the knowledge to back it up.

    But I'm not going to sit back and say the AA and the Aircraft is on an even playing field of skill and risk cause their not at all.

    Signed by player who knows both sides of the argument.
  • ll_1NFRA_r3d_ll
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    the stationary AA isnt meant to be a weapon that brings in the kills, so no BF doesnt need anymore, they are there to defend the skys in that area, the same as mounted MG's, , theres enough of them! if you flew then you would know, just remember your team has planes too and also theres a flag which spawns planes, maybe make them flags priority if you want your team to have air supriority, ... when you get killed by a plane why not spawn back in one and get your revenge? surely thats the best form of AA ??
  • zakrocz
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ground vs air and air vs ground are in a really good spot at the moment, probably the best it's been in any battlefield game to date.
  • DingoKillr
    4125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Subcool789 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Subcool789 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.

    @DivineBaal - Step #1 for you should be actually getting into a plane and understanding how air combat works, before you start complaining about what's wrong.

    Bingo.
    I don't Stat bash unless their are those suggesting balance on something they know nothing about.

    Do you say the same about a guy that has never used stationary AA but wanted it nerfed, and still tells others how powerful it is.

    For me AA is almost most useless now, the so called tough map Monte Grappa, I spent about 10 minutes flying around the mountain in a fighter attacking and destroying the Airship, helping with destroying 3 planes, doing a couple of ground attacks. I would have gone longer if I did not hit E by mistake. I have been told by so called better pilots that I am rubbish.

    Wow what an amazing OP experience in a plane you had. You flew for 10 minutes while their Airship was up. Meaning your team was focused on using the AA against it and the enemy team has less reason to use the AA because the Airship is up. Wow man, amazing plane OP experience.

    I use the AA plenty, pre-patch and post patch. It is far from useless. Are you even hitting planes with it? It kills attack and fighter planes in one salvo before overheating. Like how does that make it useless? The range wasn't even changed on the stationary ones.
    So your saying it was a bad team because
    1) They did not use their 3 planes.
    2) No one switched to the AA Truck to counter my teams Aircrafts
    3) They did not use Stationary AA to protect their Airship
    4) They did not use the Airship AA.

    You would be wrong 1,3 and 4, maybe they could not aim straight or just every time I was hit I was able to make it out of range behind cover and repair.

    Basically, yeah. The enemy Airship was up so they had less incentive to use the AA. That's what always happens. On top of that, if they had the Airship, then your team was clearly winning which means holding more objectives. Which then means your team had greater control of the AA turrets. How is this hard to understand?

    If you think planes are OP because you were able to fly around being mildly effective for 10 minutes that's just stupid. They probably only had access to objective A's AA or the spawn AA. The Airship was probably over B/D/C so the AA they did have access to was barely able to reach you. What a surprise you flew around for a bit and did plane things! Truly amazing!

    According to some AA from A or E reach across the entire map and only takes 5s to destroy a fighter. When the Airship spawn they had B,D,E but I will rule out B as it was still being contested, that left us with A and C.

    I said I flew around the mountain which means I passed near E and along side D, I took plenty of Fire at times but never enough.

    I never said that planes where OP because of this 1 experience, I said AA is useless and gave an example.



  • ll_1NFRA_r3d_ll
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    AA isnt useless, just becuase you might not be killing the plane doesnt mean its useless, most of the time AA puts me under 50% health and im avoiding being hit at all costs! , could quite easily kill me if i let it,, , then if im really lucky i wont have one of your planes on my a55 shooting me from behind whilst im spending the next 10 seconds flying in a straight line making repairs...
  • Subcool789
    667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Subcool789 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Subcool789 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.

    @DivineBaal - Step #1 for you should be actually getting into a plane and understanding how air combat works, before you start complaining about what's wrong.

    Bingo.
    I don't Stat bash unless their are those suggesting balance on something they know nothing about.

    Do you say the same about a guy that has never used stationary AA but wanted it nerfed, and still tells others how powerful it is.

    For me AA is almost most useless now, the so called tough map Monte Grappa, I spent about 10 minutes flying around the mountain in a fighter attacking and destroying the Airship, helping with destroying 3 planes, doing a couple of ground attacks. I would have gone longer if I did not hit E by mistake. I have been told by so called better pilots that I am rubbish.

    Wow what an amazing OP experience in a plane you had. You flew for 10 minutes while their Airship was up. Meaning your team was focused on using the AA against it and the enemy team has less reason to use the AA because the Airship is up. Wow man, amazing plane OP experience.

    I use the AA plenty, pre-patch and post patch. It is far from useless. Are you even hitting planes with it? It kills attack and fighter planes in one salvo before overheating. Like how does that make it useless? The range wasn't even changed on the stationary ones.
    So your saying it was a bad team because
    1) They did not use their 3 planes.
    2) No one switched to the AA Truck to counter my teams Aircrafts
    3) They did not use Stationary AA to protect their Airship
    4) They did not use the Airship AA.

    You would be wrong 1,3 and 4, maybe they could not aim straight or just every time I was hit I was able to make it out of range behind cover and repair.

    Basically, yeah. The enemy Airship was up so they had less incentive to use the AA. That's what always happens. On top of that, if they had the Airship, then your team was clearly winning which means holding more objectives. Which then means your team had greater control of the AA turrets. How is this hard to understand?

    If you think planes are OP because you were able to fly around being mildly effective for 10 minutes that's just stupid. They probably only had access to objective A's AA or the spawn AA. The Airship was probably over B/D/C so the AA they did have access to was barely able to reach you. What a surprise you flew around for a bit and did plane things! Truly amazing!

    According to some AA from A or E reach across the entire map and only takes 5s to destroy a fighter. When the Airship spawn they had B,D,E but I will rule out B as it was still being contested, that left us with A and C.

    I said I flew around the mountain which means I passed near E and along side D, I took plenty of Fire at times but never enough.

    I never said that planes where OP because of this 1 experience, I said AA is useless and gave an example.



    Then we just have to agree to disagree because I've used AA emplacements and the truck to great effect after the patch.

    You think it's useless from one example. I don't think it's useless from many examples of my own experience.

    Just because you didn't get shotdown for 10 minutes while the enemy Airship was up doesn't make AA "useless". Especially if the enemy was busy shooting at your Airship. Your example on why AA is "useless" is absolutely worthless and terrible. Sorry. Just a really bad example.
  • DingoKillr
    4125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Subcool789 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Subcool789 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Subcool789 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.

    @DivineBaal - Step #1 for you should be actually getting into a plane and understanding how air combat works, before you start complaining about what's wrong.

    Bingo.
    I don't Stat bash unless their are those suggesting balance on something they know nothing about.

    Do you say the same about a guy that has never used stationary AA but wanted it nerfed, and still tells others how powerful it is.

    For me AA is almost most useless now, the so called tough map Monte Grappa, I spent about 10 minutes flying around the mountain in a fighter attacking and destroying the Airship, helping with destroying 3 planes, doing a couple of ground attacks. I would have gone longer if I did not hit E by mistake. I have been told by so called better pilots that I am rubbish.

    Wow what an amazing OP experience in a plane you had. You flew for 10 minutes while their Airship was up. Meaning your team was focused on using the AA against it and the enemy team has less reason to use the AA because the Airship is up. Wow man, amazing plane OP experience.

    I use the AA plenty, pre-patch and post patch. It is far from useless. Are you even hitting planes with it? It kills attack and fighter planes in one salvo before overheating. Like how does that make it useless? The range wasn't even changed on the stationary ones.
    So your saying it was a bad team because
    1) They did not use their 3 planes.
    2) No one switched to the AA Truck to counter my teams Aircrafts
    3) They did not use Stationary AA to protect their Airship
    4) They did not use the Airship AA.

    You would be wrong 1,3 and 4, maybe they could not aim straight or just every time I was hit I was able to make it out of range behind cover and repair.

    Basically, yeah. The enemy Airship was up so they had less incentive to use the AA. That's what always happens. On top of that, if they had the Airship, then your team was clearly winning which means holding more objectives. Which then means your team had greater control of the AA turrets. How is this hard to understand?

    If you think planes are OP because you were able to fly around being mildly effective for 10 minutes that's just stupid. They probably only had access to objective A's AA or the spawn AA. The Airship was probably over B/D/C so the AA they did have access to was barely able to reach you. What a surprise you flew around for a bit and did plane things! Truly amazing!

    According to some AA from A or E reach across the entire map and only takes 5s to destroy a fighter. When the Airship spawn they had B,D,E but I will rule out B as it was still being contested, that left us with A and C.

    I said I flew around the mountain which means I passed near E and along side D, I took plenty of Fire at times but never enough.

    I never said that planes where OP because of this 1 experience, I said AA is useless and gave an example.



    Then we just have to agree to disagree because I've used AA emplacements and the truck to great effect after the patch.

    You think it's useless from one example. I don't think it's useless from many examples of my own experience.

    Just because you didn't get shotdown for 10 minutes while the enemy Airship was up doesn't make AA "useless". Especially if the enemy was busy shooting at your Airship. Your example on why AA is "useless" is absolutely worthless and terrible. Sorry. Just a really bad example.
    I gave a example, there are many others and reason.

    Just a few post above we have person saying AA should not kill and that if it does 50% I just get out of range, so much for that hard counter.

    It was not our teams airship. There we have it, if you tick the box and they don't like what they hear they be little. What afraid of example of AA being useless on conquest.
  • Subcool789
    667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Subcool789 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Subcool789 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Subcool789 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    There's enough AA on all the maps to deal with airplanes.

    @DivineBaal - Step #1 for you should be actually getting into a plane and understanding how air combat works, before you start complaining about what's wrong.

    Bingo.
    I don't Stat bash unless their are those suggesting balance on something they know nothing about.

    Do you say the same about a guy that has never used stationary AA but wanted it nerfed, and still tells others how powerful it is.

    For me AA is almost most useless now, the so called tough map Monte Grappa, I spent about 10 minutes flying around the mountain in a fighter attacking and destroying the Airship, helping with destroying 3 planes, doing a couple of ground attacks. I would have gone longer if I did not hit E by mistake. I have been told by so called better pilots that I am rubbish.

    Wow what an amazing OP experience in a plane you had. You flew for 10 minutes while their Airship was up. Meaning your team was focused on using the AA against it and the enemy team has less reason to use the AA because the Airship is up. Wow man, amazing plane OP experience.

    I use the AA plenty, pre-patch and post patch. It is far from useless. Are you even hitting planes with it? It kills attack and fighter planes in one salvo before overheating. Like how does that make it useless? The range wasn't even changed on the stationary ones.
    So your saying it was a bad team because
    1) They did not use their 3 planes.
    2) No one switched to the AA Truck to counter my teams Aircrafts
    3) They did not use Stationary AA to protect their Airship
    4) They did not use the Airship AA.

    You would be wrong 1,3 and 4, maybe they could not aim straight or just every time I was hit I was able to make it out of range behind cover and repair.

    Basically, yeah. The enemy Airship was up so they had less incentive to use the AA. That's what always happens. On top of that, if they had the Airship, then your team was clearly winning which means holding more objectives. Which then means your team had greater control of the AA turrets. How is this hard to understand?

    If you think planes are OP because you were able to fly around being mildly effective for 10 minutes that's just stupid. They probably only had access to objective A's AA or the spawn AA. The Airship was probably over B/D/C so the AA they did have access to was barely able to reach you. What a surprise you flew around for a bit and did plane things! Truly amazing!

    According to some AA from A or E reach across the entire map and only takes 5s to destroy a fighter. When the Airship spawn they had B,D,E but I will rule out B as it was still being contested, that left us with A and C.

    I said I flew around the mountain which means I passed near E and along side D, I took plenty of Fire at times but never enough.

    I never said that planes where OP because of this 1 experience, I said AA is useless and gave an example.



    Then we just have to agree to disagree because I've used AA emplacements and the truck to great effect after the patch.

    You think it's useless from one example. I don't think it's useless from many examples of my own experience.

    Just because you didn't get shotdown for 10 minutes while the enemy Airship was up doesn't make AA "useless". Especially if the enemy was busy shooting at your Airship. Your example on why AA is "useless" is absolutely worthless and terrible. Sorry. Just a really bad example.
    I gave a example, there are many others and reason.

    Just a few post above we have person saying AA should not kill and that if it does 50% I just get out of range, so much for that hard counter.

    It was not our teams airship. There we have it, if you tick the box and they don't like what they hear they be little. What afraid of example of AA being useless on conquest.

    Did you even read his post? He said he ends up under 50% while trying his best to avoid it and not get hit... If the plane cant kill other planes or ground targets because of AA damage, how exactly is that NOT being an effective counter? Anytime you shoot at a plane with AA it should be destroyed near instantly? What exactly do you want?

    I know it was not your teams Airship. My post says so. Are you having a hard time reading or something?
Sign In or Register to comment.