Weekly Debrief

Can every support player drop ammo ??

DisfunkD86
696 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I ask because twice in one map i requested ammo from 2 separate support players after chasing them around the map waiting for them to die take their class and spawn it myself, they just simply replied negative

can support actually get rid of ammo drop from their class ?>

Comments

• Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    They may have limpet and mortar equipped, don't laugh anything is possible now.

I was under D flag Amiens bridge at half health., with three medics just looking at me while we capped. Did i get health? No i did not.
  • DisfunkD86
    Makes me sick .... i am always keeping an eye out for the medic icon above my comrades head
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Every support player has the ability to drop ammo.

Whether they are running it during a game is another matter. Why they wouldn't is quite beyond me.
  • The-Acidpiss
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Support players in general have always been the dumbest players in my years of the battlefields.

I think its the mentality of " big gun must mean big pew pew bang, so can good kill" or something
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Support players in general have always been the dumbest players in my years of the battlefields.

I think its the mentality of " big gun must mean big pew pew bang, so can good kill" or something

But even that don't work in BF1, support weapons are like nerf-guns.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have ran into a room to recover from serious wounds, and have had squad medics spawn off me and run off without healing me.

You cannot teach these players, they will not learn.
  • DisfunkD86
    i dont get it.. as a medic i love being the guy that heals and revives one of my best BF1 moment so far was 4 of us holding ARGONNE E from a huge assault i literally revived healed rinse repeat we managed to hold off the attack i ended up receiving messages from 2 of the players applauding my efforts it was great
  • Vexdetta
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play support 99% of the time. Dropping ammo is very important. I drop one everytime I stop or if I see a bunch of people clumped together.. especially if I see the 'need ammo' icon over their heads. Now sometimes if it gets heated I may not always see them. Just shoot or stab me to get my attention. So the same for those that won't throw you ammo. Just pull out your secondary weapon (melee or pistol) and whack/shoot them. They'll probably get the message. :)

This reminds me... in other BF games you could see the number of 'whatevers' (gun kills, repairs, ammo drops, etc etc) on your dog tags in the main menu. In BF1 you can't. Just wonder if there is a way to see the number the enemy sees when you kill them.. such as ammo drops if you have the St. Christopher medal back dog tag.
  • Private_UMPalot
    These players who play medic, and support and do not heal or resupply, only care about the next kill. They see the ammo only for them when they run out. The healing only for them when they are wounded.

Sad i know.
  • GerocK-
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Vexdetta wrote: »
    I play support 99% of the time. Dropping ammo is very important. I drop one everytime I stop or if I see a bunch of people clumped together.. especially if I see the 'need ammo' icon over their heads. Now sometimes if it gets heated I may not always see them. Just shoot or stab me to get my attention. So the same for those that won't throw you ammo. Just pull out your secondary weapon (melee or pistol) and whack/shoot them. They'll probably get the message. :)

This reminds me... in other BF games you could see the number of 'whatevers' (gun kills, repairs, ammo drops, etc etc) on your dog tags in the main menu. In BF1 you can't. Just wonder if there is a way to see the number the enemy sees when you kill them.. such as ammo drops if you have the St. Christopher medal back dog tag.

I can highly advice you to use the pouches instead of the crate. The pouches give full ammo while both you and your teammate can stay mobile, a second pouch also resupplies grenades/explosives after a short a while. The crate disappears after a few resupplies and forces everyone to stand still next to it. Only on maps like Argonne Forest, where you don't really need a Limpet Charge, you could use both the pouches and the crate for insane resupplies.
  • A1_GR33N_
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I left support till last to grind to 10 as I'd heard all the chat about poor weapons, terrible gadgets etc. You almost had me there though, trying to keep the best to yourselves.

Seriously though, the gadgets are pretty poor, so I usually run ammo packs and crate (I play domination mostly, otherwise I would definitely keep the limpet charge). Drop a crate near groups or in high traffic areas and throw packs to anyone else.
  • NixonTooStronk
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DisfunkD86 wrote: »
    I ask because twice in one map i requested ammo from 2 separate support players after chasing them around the map waiting for them to die take their class and spawn it myself, they just simply replied negative

they need to bring back the option to grab ammo off a support player/health from Medic
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    A1_GR33N_ wrote: »
    I left support till last to grind to 10 as I'd heard all the chat about poor weapons, terrible gadgets etc. You almost had me there though, trying to keep the best to yourselves.

Same, thought it was going to be a painful ordeal to get Support to 10, but I acutally ended up really liking Support. I even like the Huot and I see a lot of complaints about that.
    Post edited by Sindari on
  • A1_GR33N_
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sindari wrote: »
    A1_GR33N_ wrote: »

Same, thought it was going to be a painful order to get Support to 10, but I acutally ended up really liking Support. I even like the Huot and I see a lot of complaints about that.

Yeah, I'm kind of liking the Huot, but it doesn't seem to quite have the accuracy to match it's ammo count. I keep not quite killing people with it (I'm having the same issue with the Hellriegel) but I've only run a couple of magazines through it. I'll stick it out. The Madsen MG Storm though. My god that thing is amazing. I just run around with my head down or crab left and right so that damn magazine isn't in my way, and it is an absolute monster. I really don't know what all the complaining about the support weapons is about. And if you want to keep slightly back from the action, the M1909 Storm is a laser.

I just checked on BF tracker (more detailed time played per class) and having just reached rank 10 on my final infantry class, my SPM per class is...
    • Assault - 546
    • Medic - 521
    • Support - 729
    • Scout - 399

Of course, there are a few variables in there that are somewhat out of my control. Amount of time played with active squad XP boost for example, but to me, that is pretty significant. And I've never really played as support in previous battlefields. 95% of my game time is Domination. Of course, support was the last class I 'Mastered', so maybe I knew the maps better by then, as well as the little things to help you out. I didn't even know you could throw med packs with the spot button until I hit Medic 6.
  • GreyHound5011
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As a support I always throw down my crate next to medic crates. But there are a few times I won't drop my crate right away like if I am halfway through a reload and you want ammo just let me finish reloading. Also it doesn't matter what map you are on the Limpet Charge is king
  • AbruptBlindThief
    95 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yes. With how terrible this class is compared to all others it wouldn't surprise me if many support players abandon ammo and just use gadgets to try and milk any usefulness out of this pathetic class.
  • A1_GR33N_

Yes. With how terrible this class is compared to all others it wouldn't surprise me if many support players abandon ammo and just use gadgets to try and milk any usefulness out of this pathetic class.

There you go again, trying to protect the secret of how good the support class is ;) Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.

Seriously, I normally hate support and I hit rank 10 in a third less time than assault and medic.
  • Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's no different than Medics that load rifle grenades instead of syringe for revives. Just saying, they're out there, but they are not common.
  • iWunderbar
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

That's the mentality of kids, not everyone though :P I love support and I've always played it because of the comfort of never running out of ammo and big magazines but in Battlefield 1 as someone else said; their guns are like nerf-guns. They're pretty **** and too low RoF (in my opinion). The patch where they added bipod to most weapons were probably one of the dumbest idea because it makes us more stationary which label us as a noob or camper. In reality, it would work better as suppressing the enemy but not in a game. Also making us an easy target for snipers.

I wrote the same on my thread regarding bugs and tweaks for this game.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/66268/some-crucial-bugs-tweaks-that-need-to-be-fixed-done-asap#latest
  • TEKNOCODE
    11066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I spam ammo/med packs as support/medic. I even drop ammo on teammates as I go by them on my way to the next objective.

Yesterday, there were four of us holed up in the bunker within the forest map. I spammed ammo packs/crates, while a medic spammed med packs. We held off wave after wave of the other team and we won 1000 to 997. It was probably the best five to six minutes that I experienced in BF1 thus far.

PS - F the medics that don't drop packs after a firefight.