Want to learn how to dogfight better?

KorpusDraige
2229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
In all previous Battlefield games, players who only spent their time in public servers would get beat by someone who practiced how to dogfight in 1v1 servers. It is through practice in a 1v1 server that gets you better, not Air Superiority or "only" playing in a public server. If you're a serious pilot and want to improve you game by dogfighting other members of the community, then enlist here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/16184632634841148/

We also have a club you can search for called "Dogfight Community". While rented servers are here, private ones are not. So once private settings are made available, we will get a dogfight server.

Here are some examples of some 1v1 dogfights:

There are set rules as well. Merge by flying past one another, the fight starts once you pass (no shooting into them before passing). If using Attack Planes, no switching to rear gun in mid dogfight. Trench loadout only on Fighter Planes (no auto-repair) and flare upon merge to prove your loadout.

This is not a clan. This is a community of dogfighters trying to get something started on BF1.

Comments

• Scudze
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Uno!!
  • CCRyder73
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is there a sign up fee?
  • KorpusDraige
    2229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CCRyder73 wrote: »
    Is there a sign up fee?

Not for you
  • GreyHound5011
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How does this help you dogfight? In a regular match you will never fight by rules or against a set load out so this doesn't help with anything
  • KorpusDraige
    edited November 2016
    ITY53 wrote: »
    How does this help you dogfight? In a regular match you will never fight by rules or against a set load out so this doesn't help with anything

You need both skill sets (dogfighting and Conquest) to make it by. If you can't dogfight and you're up against someone who can... Well, goodluck. This isn't new haha. It is why most good pilots get "hackusations" from pub pilots, not understanding what just happened. Trust me, it matters and it helps. Let me ask you, what do you even know on this subject to warrant that "this doesn't help anything"?

If you're serious about flying, this is how you'll improve your game and get rid of those pub pilots faster then you could before. So either you want to improve or you don't, the choice is yours. If you do fly, I challenge you to come into an open server against me and I can prove you wrong.
  • M0RT0N
    77 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was going to say just ask Michael Vick lmao
  • AMPxGhillie
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member

You need both skill sets (dogfighting and Conquest) to make it by. If you can't dogfight and you're up against someone who can... Well, goodluck. This isn't new haha. It is why most good pilots get "hackusations" from pub pilots, not understanding what just happened. Trust me, it matters and it helps. Let me ask you, what do you even know on this subject to warrant that "this doesn't help anything"?

If you're serious about flying, this is how you'll improve your game and get rid of those pub pilots faster then you could before. So either you want to improve or you don't, the choice is yours. If you do fly, I challenge you to come into an open server against me and I can prove you wrong.

Coming from a pub pilot in BF3 all the way up until now, you don't need to practice dogfighting. More often than not you get shot down by AA guns, get double teamed, or just get rammed by a fighter with super speed.

You just need to find the speed where it turns the sharpest. Do that, and you're golden.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So you could be even better ur saying but just dont want to?

It's for people that want to improve at flying or just enjoy flying in general. It's not hard to understand. The general public is bad at flying plain and simple. Everyone in the bf community thinks they are good until they get shutdown by somebody actually good. There's no requirements to join. Wanna fly and get better? That's all.
  • KorpusDraige
    edited November 2016

Coming from a pub pilot in BF3 all the way up until now, you don't need to practice dogfighting. More often than not you get shot down by AA guns, get double teamed, or just get rammed by a fighter with super speed.

You just need to find the speed where it turns the sharpest. Do that, and you're golden.

You're wrong. There is so much more to it than that. It is guys like you who message me and complain that my attack jet shouldn't of "out turned" your stealth jet. Just because you know how to "313" doesn't mean you know what you're doing... Even worse in BF1 now that there is no speed control.

Flying in Conquest/Operations is still critical alongside practicing dogfighting. You need both skills. However, through 1v1 practice you'll cut down the time it takes to dogfight someone. It is by popular complaints saying, "I don't want to circle with someone for 5 minutes"... That comment I see right there could be solved with a bit of practice. You can still fly in Conquest to keep you sharp there as well, but saying you don't need to know how to dogfight is a mistake.

This is why the community will never get better and improve, you simply refuse to haha. It's like RudeJude said, either you want to get better or you don't. If you don't believe in this, you're ALSO more than welcome to challenge me? But you won't do it, you won't face me in either a 1v1 OR in a standard Conquest match. Why? Because you're wrong. It can be either BF4 or BF1.

None of this is new to me. I've flown as a pub pilot through most of BF3, learned how to dogfight a bit at the end of BF3. I dogfought a lot more throughout BF4 and flew a lot of public matches, making my #1 on all platforms for Attack Jets in terms of kills. But kills mean nothing over skill. I did countless scrims during BF4 as well.

Some examples of playing in CQ?:

Battlefield 1:

Battlefield 4:

Battlefield 4 scrim:

So don't think all I do is 1v1s. 1v1s have made me and others so much better when playing along side public matches.
  • Maestro-FIN
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    someone should make platoon like this in pc while there is no platoons in bf1. everytime been trying to practice df with friends in empty server it fills up before we have made the first loop :D so seems like we need to buy a server to do any.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody is buying servers for the reason that admin cant kick people or password protect it. Aka you would be at the same situation as you just stated in public matches
  • KorpusDraige
    someone should make platoon like this in pc while there is no platoons in bf1. everytime been trying to practice df with friends in empty server it fills up before we have made the first loop :D so seems like we need to buy a server to do any.

You should try and find custom servers for now as they're harder for players to try and fill.
  • Maestro-FIN
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017

You should try and find custom servers for now as they're harder for players to try and fill.

ty for info.
    you play only on xbox ?
  • KorpusDraige

ty for info.
    you play only on xbox ?

I do have a PC, but I do not own BF1 on it. (Have BF3 and BF4 on PC though)
  • Alcatraz_25
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Guys, I’ll be honest, I’m not a good dogfighter at all. I know I lack a lot of skills, but I’m serious about learning how to dogfight. If the offer is still on, I’d appreciate the opportunity to get better by practicing. I’m interested in doing it in all battlefields, starting with bf3 and all the way to BFV
  • KorpusDraige
    Guys, I’ll be honest, I’m not a good dogfighter at all. I know I lack a lot of skills, but I’m serious about learning how to dogfight. If the offer is still on, I’d appreciate the opportunity to get better by practicing. I’m interested in doing it in all battlefields, starting with bf3 and all the way to BFV

I stopped playing BF1 a while ago, to be honest. I refuse to play BF3 on console (it's pretty bad). However, BF4 I still dogfight on and is pretty similar to BF3 in the way the mechanics work (still slight differences). As for BFV, I do have it, but there isn't much to the dogfighting there to be honest, it's pretty simple.