Weekly Debrief

Thoughts on Hellreigel is it OP?

DisfunkD86
696 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
just about to start assault.. and I have heard and obviously been destroyed by this weapon many times.. i won't lie i have found some of the deaths i have succumbed too rather absurd..

its a 60 round weapon with a high rate of fire.. is this weapon noob friendly ? does it require skill to use ?

i have to say i havent seen many threads related to this weapon

Comments

• Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    not noob friendlier then a10 or automatico...but it isn't exactly hard to use. it's not op,it's just really good.
  • Smaisteri
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's the M16A3 of BF1.
  • DisfunkD86
    would the hellreigel hold its own in BF4 ?
  • XenvisionedX
    379 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    it's the best in the class when u take all factors into consideration... my kdr is on the up an up... look forward to using it buddy well worth the journey.
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Id say its op. 60bullet clip too much and accuracy on longer ranges is really good.

All the scrubs have their best weapon list full of the most op ones.

I have kpm for most guns around 1,5 helrieger is at 2,1

Ps my best weapon is still my beloved shovel
  • woll3
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    OP, no, not at all, Hellriegel has rather bad Hip fire, and while the ROF is high, its still far from the Automaticos 900RPM, not to mention that it still is an SMG and therefore fires slow bullets.
    DisfunkD86 wrote: »
    would the hellreigel hold its own in BF4 ?

Besides the Sniper Rifles and the 10A, no weapon would be able to.
  • hairsprayboy
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KakeHC wrote: »
    Id say its op. 60bullet clip too much and accuracy on longer ranges is really good.

All the scrubs have their best weapon list full of the most op ones.

I have kpm for most guns around 1,5 helrieger is at 2,1

Ps my best weapon is still my beloved shovel

No it isn't. Whenever a weapon is good now a days everyone jumps on it calling it op. It's arguably the best gun in its class and so it should be, being the level 10 weapon that takes a good amount of grinding to get. If it were no better or worse than the other assault guns then there would be no incentive to get it or purpose in it being the level 10 gun.
    As for accuracy at longer ranges; not really, it has quite a lot of recoil especially after the patch.

• Galvanize007
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    The Hellriegel is by far the strongest automatic weapon in this game in my opinion. It renders the MP18 completely obsolete and the Automatico isn't really great at hitting things further away than 30m in full auto, so it isn't as half as versatile as the Hellriegel.
    The Hellriegel has a very good ROF, huge magazine capacity (actually more than 2/3 of LMGs have less in a magazine, which, in my opinion, is ****), almost no recoil and ok spread. Hipfire is meh, but there are only 4 weapons which can stand it in CQC (shotguns, Automatico and the Bar), so who cares.
    You only have one spare magazine, but at 60 bullets per mag, it's probably more likely to die before you run out of ammo.
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    If you want noob friendly you might to start with the shotguns or Automatico trench as far as assault goes.

Hellriegel is a good, versatile gun, that does everything decently, it pretty easy to use but isn't the best at anything. The only strength I found with the gun is it's great for mowing down a lot of enemies due to the high magazine, and the only drawback is that you only get 1 extra magazine with it (I always ran out of ammo with it very fast and have to steal an enemies kit unless someone resupplies me).
  • Foodie88
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    @DisfunkD86

I'd say it's good where it is. It's obviously the only SMG that is suited for a bit longer range.

If you have an imaginary engagement between equally skilled players, one player using a Hellriegel and another player:
    • at close range using a shotgun or Automatico, Hellriegel loses
    • at medium range using a medic gun, Hellriegel loses

I see the Riegel as a jack of all trades, master of none. It's quite good but can be countered by other guns if they are used at their appropriate ranges. Pro is its high magazine capacity, con is that you only get two mags of 60 rounds and burn through ammo quite quickly. Decent hipfire, decent firerate.

A slight problem with it is that it actually resembles the workings of an LMG, while being better at it than actual LMGs. That is, however, a problem with the LMGs and not with the Riegel.
  • DisfunkD86
    welll i'l probably start my journey to level 10 tonight... but im gonna miss playing medic, ive grown fond of the 1916 marksman
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Each class has it's powerful weapon. It's only OP if you win every engagement just because you have a Hellriegel equipped. You do not, so it isn't.
  • vVMr-GoodCatVv
    921 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Good at lots of things but not the best at any. M16a3 in bf3 is what comes to mind
  • XenvisionedX
    379 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    chkl... remember a good soldier is multi-skilled, ur time as a medic is by no means ova... get soldiering, soldier... tally ho.
  • Ronin0ni
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    It's arguably the best gun in its class and so it should be, being the level 10 weapon that takes a good amount of grinding to get.

This is bad reasoning. VERY bad reasoning. If anything higher level unlocks should be weaker.

A newer player shouldn't be at such an disadvantage until they "grind out" the unlocks that make someone competitive.
    Good at lots of things but not the best at any. M16a3 in bf3 is what comes to mind

Oh, you mean the most OP gun in BF3? Seems a reasonable comparison.
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ronin0ni wrote: »
    It's arguably the best gun in its class and so it should be, being the level 10 weapon that takes a good amount of grinding to get.

This is bad reasoning. VERY bad reasoning. If anything higher level unlocks should be weaker.

A newer player shouldn't be at such an disadvantage until they "grind out" the unlocks that make someone competitive.

Bizarre. His reasoning is perfect. I wouldn't have thought anyone could argue in favour of spending all that time to get to rank 10 to be rewarded with an inferior weapon to the one you started the game with, but you just have. How very odd.
  • A1_GR33N_
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sindari wrote: »

Bizarre. His reasoning is perfect. I wouldn't have thought anyone could argue in favour of spending all that time to get to rank 10 to be rewarded with an inferior weapon to the one you started the game with, but you just have. How very odd.

I can see his point to some extent, as it would make it harder for the newer/lesser players to compete.

But at the same time, no body likes to grind away to get something utterly underwhelming. The simple solution is to make the level 10 weapons a bit niche. I'm still not finding the Hellriegel that great, but I've not used it enough yet. I think it's the irons I don't like. And after having played as support for a while, the lack of ammo is a nightmare.
  • DisfunkD86
    its hardly a grind ;D to get to level 10 takes less than a week of casual gaming
  • Ronin0ni
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016

It's called being anti-power progression in competitive vs games

This isn't an MMORPG where you grind up levels and run dungeons 500 times for a better weapon.

It's MP FPS, and a new player should never be disadvantaged because of power grind. Being new is disadvantage enough.

Want to have cosmetic, titles, non-gameplay affecting progression? Great! Fine! This is ok.

Want to have a hard to get (rank 10 doesn't really qualify as "hard to get", but it is still mildly grindy) weapon reward to show off your superiority? Great, it should either just be a unique remodel of something you can already get that stands out, OR it can be a known underpowered weapon that using puts you at a disadvantage so using it not only shows you're better because you earned it, but by the virtue you can still win using an underpowered weapon.

I bloody HATE CoD4 and what it did to MP FPS with the goddamn unlock grind progression BS.

WORST. CHANGE. IN. FPS. EVER.

"But I want to feel rewarded for playing the game a bunch!"

Having fun is your reward. If you aren't having fun, that's an inherent gameplay design problem that should be fixed without leaning on basic, simpleton drives of a carrot on a stick.
  • Sindari

It's called being anti-power progression in competitive vs games

This isn't an MMORPG where you grind up levels and run dungeons 500 times for a better weapon.

It's MP FPS, and a new player should never be disadvantaged because of power grind. Being new is disadvantage enough.

Want to have cosmetic, titles, non-gameplay affecting progression? Great! Fine! This is ok.

Want to have a hard to get (rank 10 doesn't really qualify as "hard to get", but it is still mildly grindy) weapon reward to show off your superiority? Great, it should either just be a unique remodel of something you can already get that stands out, OR it can be a known underpowered weapon that using puts you at a disadvantage so using it not only shows you're better because you earned it, but by the virtue you can still win using an underpowered weapon.

I bloody HATE CoD4 and what it did to MP FPS with the goddamn unlock grind progression BS.

WORST. CHANGE. IN. FPS. EVER.

In previous BF games it was hidden by the fact that as you played more everything got better via the unlock system. But it has always been there. You might not have got a whole complete weapon, but play rewarded you with better things for your existing weapons that made them into better weapons. Tanks and jets and choppers were vastly superior after playing for longer. Again, you didn't get that embodied in the form of a single new vehicle given to you but don't mistake that for it not existing.
    Not sure how you can blame COD, BF has always done it. Worst change? More like no change at all.
    Doesn't make any sense to argue not to do it either, as everyone can do it, and like you said, it 'doesn't really qualify as 'hard to get'. With that statement you neatly defeated that part of your own argument.