Weekly Debrief

assault class tips help!

DisfunkD86
696 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hi guys playing assault from rank 1 tonight straight to level 10

do i stick with MP18 TRENCH for the whole journey to hellreigel??

i instinctly use ADS so its hard to get into a HIPFIRE mode.. i have done ADS on automatico and it looks horrific.. i have also see people say that u dont need ads with automatico trench..

do i stick with my game play style and use MP18 storm using ADS or do i use automatico trench to level 10 and HIP FIRE everything

Comments

• Mynx1911
    422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    use deafult mp for fast hip fire assault.
    get A-10 and use it for fast hip fire assault.
  • DisfunkD86
    i have read too much negativity towards A10.. not sure i want to put too much time into it
  • XenvisionedX
    379 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    there enough war bonds to ply with every weapon as u level up... which is why they stop at a certain lvl... so don't miss the oppertunity to ply with em all.
  • Mynx1911
    422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DisfunkD86 wrote: »
    i have read too much negativity towards A10.. not sure i want to put too much time into it

Try it yourself. Don't listen to levelcaps...
  • Foodie88
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I would recommend the Automatico Trench. Just hip fire all the way and it will be a very versatile choice. You can even take people out at slightly higher range if you're willing to sink a full mag into it. The 900 rate of fire is a two-sided coin. Yes, super low time-to-kill. Yes, mag empties in a heartbeat.

Don't expect to kill more than 2 full health people with one mag and make sure to reload often. Good luck!
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Automatico Storm was my favourite leading to the Hellriegel. Very easy to use, anything in front of you dies if you fire first, works fine with ADS. I ADS everything, I can't help it, so the hipfire stat was irrelevant for me, but it has great accuracy and control. As the guy above said, reload a lot because you'll use most of your bullets on one enemy.
    Also good luck, I'll be amazed if you can get to rank 10 in one day, you're gonna have to play like a maniac :D
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah I imagine the 10A Hunter will see a nerf next patch.

If you're going to use the Automatico , just pick the model your playstyle reflects, if you want to ADS go for the Storm version, if you want to hip fire go for the Trench version. In that regard it should be pretty obvious which one is best for which situation. I love the Trench version but I only really use it in Argonne Forest, huge advantage in CQC against anything except for shottys.
  • DisfunkD86
    Sindari wrote: »
    Automatico Storm was my favourite leading to the Hellriegel. Very easy to use, anything in front of you dies if you fire first, works fine with ADS. I ADS everything, I can't help it, so the hipfire stat was irrelevant for me, but it has great accuracy and control. As the guy above said, reload a lot because you'll use most of your bullets on one enemy.
    Also good luck, I'll be amazed if you can get to rank 10 in one day, you're gonna have to play like a maniac :D

haha sorry i meant my journey starts tonight ;D i dont intend to smash it in one session :)
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At some point it's good to learn how to hipfire and this will be a good time to get educated. It will help you win those close up run around the corner into a bad guy battles. Make sure your Hipfire target (center of the screen) is always pointing at chest/head level when running around. The MP18 is good overall and the Automatico crushes. Both are actually good ADS as well once you get used to it. Just don't try to ADS in extreme close quarters or you'll be dead before you look down sites. As you learn to hipfire better you can start to transition from hip to ADS while firing to improve accuracy and to pick a second or third target.

With the Automatico it is important to get good at reloading in combat. Usually its just a matter of killing one or two enemies, retreating behind cover to reload and then popping back out to kill a couple of more. Rinse and repeat.
  • Foodie88
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As you learn to hipfire better you can start to transition from hip to ADS while firing to improve accuracy and to pick a second or third target.

I cannot recommend this, because when transitioning from hip fire to ADS, the recoil characteristics of the ADS stat will come into play and vice versa. So when using the Trench version, always hip fire and when using the Storm version, always ADS. Mixing them up is usually not a good idea.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Use the MP18 until you get the Automatico Trench or Model 10-A Hunter. Then only use one of those two since they MP18 simply does not compare to their fast lethality. Don't even bother aiming down the sight with either the Automatico Trench or the Model 10-A Hunter. Just hipfire them. The Automatico has slightly more effective range than the Model 10-A, but you can't kill as many enemies with each reload since it only holds 25 rounds and spits them out at 900 RPM. The Model 10-A Hunter however can kill 6 enemies with each full reload (6 one hit kill shots) as long as you stay within 20 meters of your target. Beyond 20 meters, this shotgun cannot one hit kill a full health opponent to the body.

The Model 10-A Hunter is very OP, so you might feel dirty using it, but it is the most effective way to rapidly level Assault imo.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Foodie88 wrote: »
    As you learn to hipfire better you can start to transition from hip to ADS while firing to improve accuracy and to pick a second or third target.

I cannot recommend this, because when transitioning from hip fire to ADS, the recoil characteristics of the ADS stat will come into play and vice versa. So when using the Trench version, always hip fire and when using the Storm version, always ADS. Mixing them up is usually not a good idea.

If all the targets are right in front of you I agree but at some point you may need to switch over. Sometimes you may start to hipfire and the second or third target is a bit too far away and you see your bullets going everywhere but on target and switching to ADS will tighten it up. Its not always the best option with smgs but learning to do it will help in the long run. I've won many close range battles with the LMG's because I started with hipfire and switched to ADS. Those first couple of bullets that hit before you ADS can make the difference between life and death.
  • Foodie88
    @theONEFORCE That means you are using a gun that is meant for ADSing. We are talking about assault guns that have good hipfire stats but **** ADS stats. So in that case, when you switch to ADS you are essentially ruining your accuracy and widening your spread. On an Automatico Trench there is NEVER and really NEVER a need to ADS. Even at longer ranges, you should hipfire.
  • Petedawg508
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    have played little assault, but so far i like the automatico 1918, the rate of fire is far more than any other weapon, maybe the highest in the game.
  • theONEFORCE
    Foodie88 wrote: »
    @theONEFORCE That means you are using a gun that is meant for ADSing. We are talking about assault guns that have good hipfire stats but **** ADS stats. So in that case, when you switch to ADS you are essentially ruining your accuracy and widening your spread. On an Automatico Trench there is NEVER and really NEVER a need to ADS. Even at longer ranges, you should hipfire.

Agree to disagree but I've gotten many kills with the Automatico in ADS. Don't get me wrong, 90% come from CQC hipfire but the gun is actually pretty good ADS if you can control the recoil. I'm talking about a range like Amiens from a window looking down across the street so maybe 20 meters. If you mag dump at range instead of burst firing and control the recoil you'll be surprised at how good it is. It also works well with the Hellriegel. Here is a video of someone who is much better than me doing it.

• HUGOxxxxSTIGLITZ
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    All I see here and hear is that the Model 10-A is "OP". Give....it....a...rest. Have ANY of you done any math or have you even shot a shotgun IRL to know what it does at close range? I actually shoot a shotgun IRL and own one with 17 years + shooting. And I know what it does to a human body. So before any of "try hards" tell me I don't know that the f*** I'm talking about, you may as well skip reading this to save yourself some shame, if you are reading this, you have a brain, congratulations.

First of all, if you or any of you are considering using the M-10, it is a very reliable "run and gun", suppressive, mobile and deadly weapon which DOES have a balanced range. Most players will say "no, it's broken" or "unbalanced" and "needs to be nerf'd to the floor." Screw that. If DICE/EA are smart (I'm sure they are), they will keep the M-10 the way it is. People will complain about any weapon that the majority of players are using because it's a "good weapon". So what if I and many others use a shotgun. You have your gun, we have ours. Yes, you can and will miss with the M-10, I have done it plenty of times.

Read the description of the M-10 A Hunter and it will tell you it's "extremely leathal at close range". Close range is approximately 15 yards and below (which is approx 13 meters or 45 feet).Yes, this is possible to kill someone at the range. Let me break this down so the next time someone shoots you at close range and you call "BS"...here's some free education.

Max "effective" range of #00 is 25 yards. Maximum range is 50 yards. Depending where you shoot, is what damage you will do. If you aim your bead sight at chest level, your pellets will hit the face/head. Aim at waist level, the pellets will rise and hit the chest square on. #00 pellets will gradually rise at 15 yards. 9 #00 pellets is like getting hit with 4 9mm rounds at once. Yea, that's a bad day.

25 yards = 22.86 meters or 72 feet
    50 yards = 45.72 meters or 147 feet

20 meters = 65 feet (you can survive...with a lot of pain)
    15 meters = 49 feet (you are having a bad day)
    10 meters = 32 feet (dead)
    5 meters = 16 feet (dead)
    5 and below = dead

You know what's sad....I ran around today on Monte Grappa with my M-10, running in between B and D and got 10 kill streak while defending flags in conquest. (I'm a PTFO type of guy, I like to get rid of baddies) then died, got back in, then got a 6 kill streak. The people that were shooting me had MG's, semi and automatic weapons. They can spit out more rounds per minute and shoot from a further distance than I can with 6 rounds of a shotgun, reload or switch to pistol. Shotgunners are meant to get up close and personal with you. Now, does that sound like the M-10 is OP, or someone knows how to use it and play the game? Don't believe me. Check my stats.
  • HUGOxxxxSTIGLITZ
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Automatico 1918 = 900 RPM. 200 RPM less than the K-10 in BFH. And yes, it is the highest in BF1 game.

So, yea, it's a WW1 K-10...lol. It's a good gun though. But you run out of ammo soooo quick and have to reload after a burst or two and hope you survive if under fire. However, I did see a player with 65 service stars on it, so he/she must like using it a lot. To each his/her own you know. Stick to what you are comfortable with is all that matters.
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    All I see here and hear is that the Model 10-A is "OP". Give....it....a...rest. Have ANY of you done any math or have you even shot a shotgun IRL to know what it does at close range? I actually shoot a shotgun IRL and own one with 17 years + shooting. And I know what it does to a human body. So before any of "try hards" tell me I don't know that the f*** I'm talking about, you may as well skip reading this to save yourself some shame, if you are reading this, you have a brain, congratulations.

Ok, now tell me since when is there anything remotely realistic about Battlefield?
  • HUGOxxxxSTIGLITZ
    BF1 is the most realistic/accurate FPS to date. DICE/EA are 90% accurate with story, archive, weapons and descriptive amorment. Majority of historians and people who study WW1 history exploit DICE/EA for their accuracy. You don't think DICE/EA would make all this stuff up? They did their homework. A lot of the BF1 stuff is from WW1 archives and subject matter experts. From weapons to artillery to tanks/armor used. There's some variations of tanks/weapons/planes ect they left out from all sides of the forces because of what conflicts/areas they were used in the war. They mainly focused on the "meat and the potatoes" of the conflicts in WW1. So yea, there is some realism here. 98% of the armor (from ships, boats, tanks, planes) are highly accurate. The Behemoth ship you see in BF1, was very real in WW1. So, yea, there is some realism.

• Subcool789
    667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Equip any SMG or shotgun - point and shoot. Profit. All Assault needs to do to be successful.

Anything else, just throw three grenades and fire the AT rocket into buildings. Profit.