Weekly Debrief

is the current Conquest Model a bit small and outdated now ?

DisfunkD86
696 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
With technology forever increasing, is it about time Conquest evolved with it ?

Currently the CQ model has not really changed well for as long as i can remember. i feel that the time has come for CQ to take its next step towards something bigger. it is not out of the realms of plausibility to create CQ maps on a truly massive scale.

i have thought for a while that with todays technology we could create Conquest maps on such huge scale supporting upto 256 players. now server technology is there so why not ?

imagine for instance st quentins scar.. 6 times bigger than what it is now with 24 flags broken down to quadrants 6 flag controlled by a much larger central flag position.

128 players per team fight for control of the four major FOB flags with 24 minor flags to compete over.

more tank/plane/sea/ground warfare

Battlefield on a truly epic Scale never would a single soldier be made to feel so insignificant

Comments

• Mynx1911
    422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This will not happen because consoles lack performance.

If you want really big battles go play Planetside 2.
  • DisfunkD86
    696 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mynx1911 wrote: »

no its a very old title

PS4 PRO is a console that could handle warfare on that scale and that is the direction i think battlefield needs to look
  • XenvisionedX
    379 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    prob will when scorpio is released.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Which runs fine on the PS4...making your statement kinda contradictory.
  • Mynx1911
    422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    munkt0r wrote: »

And now you compare the graphics of BF1 and Planetside and realise...

PS4 Pro will make no difference to game development because sony already said that every released title must run as good on normal PS4 like a regular game would because otherwise it would split customers. And I guess Scorpio will make no difference aswell. On pro it just "can" look or run a bit better if the devs of the game decide to make a "pro patch".
  • XenvisionedX
    379 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    scorpio write up states it will run all current and future xbox one games without the need for backwards compatability downloads... but is the next gen xbox so will have new games coded entire for its purpose ... an blimey gov it's powerful.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »

And now you compare the graphics of BF1 and Planetside and realise...

PS4 Pro will make no difference to game development because sony already said that every released title must run as good on normal PS4 like a regular game would because otherwise it would split customers. And I guess Scorpio will make no difference aswell. On pro it just "can" look or run a bit better if the devs of the game decide to make a "pro patch".

I just don't understand the logic. The specs on a PS4 and X1 meet the reccommended specs for most PC games made today...not ULTRA, but reccommended...

The logic that "consoles hold games back" is a bit silly in this day and age. 10 years ago, sure...but today? Not the case as the line between console and PC is becoming ever blurred.

This is coming from someone that plays on PC, console, table-top, and card games. Cus i'm a gamer, not a PC elitist =)