Who has returned from Bf1 to Bf4?

tokrot
53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Welcome back bru ... BF1 is boring as hell..... PLay with me we will spam the 5ft hallway with LMG+bipod! See ya on locker again... :smiley:

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    6725 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Not me. I haven't played 1 minute since bf1 came out. I thought about it the other day, but saw 3,000 were playing (12,000 peak), and all my favorite servers are empty. Oh well, I'll wait 2 years for the next bf game.
  • VultureX3
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 it got boring fast as I've already got the best wpns and veh props. Done with it. I've been playing BF4 it seem like forever and still don't have all the wpn or veh props......Still trying to get the Helo's over 100..............BF4 is just a better game.
  • SpoolaZ
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Cheaters run amok without any protection in that game , I have heard.
  • GLENN37216
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    Even in 4k... BF1 has no long term replay ability. It's fun for a few hours ... and then the boredom sets in. Not to mention the fact that the weapons are no fun to shoot , have terrible blind spots... and also the have less unlocks than most fps shooters that came out in 2005. yeah I don't care much for the game. I was in the closed alpha with celebrities under a different tag. That was actually a fun code which got changed for the worse so that newer players could adapt better.
  • BigF33t_13
    6725 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    SpoolaZ wrote: »

It's not near as bad as everyone makes it out. The problem is the game is overrun by Call of Duty players who got sick of the same graphics and gameplay they've had for 10 years.

Yes, the playability of the game isn't what previous BF games were. And the server situation needs to be worked out. But I can't come back to this game. I was sick of it the last year. When I'm totally sick of BF1, I'll move on to something different.
  • BigF33t_13
    edited December 2016
    GUNNY1966 wrote: »
    As for the majority of KILLEM & CHILLEM we will stick to Battlefield4 & wait for a release that's worthy of our community & the way WE WANT OUR STRUCTURE!

:smile: Good Luck :smile:
    That will be an extremely long wait. EA/DICE says "at least" 2 years. Which probably means 3. I wish bf4 had the longevity that CoD 4 had. I thought bf3 and bf4 would be those games. While bf4 was good for a solid 3 years, the 2 good maps have become extremely boring. What made CoD 4 great was the hundreds of custom maps and tactical reality mods. Time for a new game company to step up.

With less than a few thousand players average, this game is dead.
  • SpoolaZ
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    SpoolaZ wrote: »

It's not near as bad as everyone makes it out. The problem is the game is overrun by Call of Duty players who got sick of the same graphics and gameplay they've had for 10 years.

Yes, the playability of the game isn't what previous BF games were. And the server situation needs to be worked out. But I can't come back to this game. I was sick of it the last year. When I'm totally sick of BF1, I'll move on to something different.

You can not know, or have an clue about how bad it really is, it's a fact.
    There are lot of free pages available to download cheats for the game, and the pay sites selling subscriptions for the millions annually.

The fact is that the majority can not afford to buy a new account every time they get caught for cheating, therefore they try to follow the advice on their closed forums to play as transparent as possible.

Only idiots or those who can afford cheats obvious, you do not need to be Einstein to figure out what "millions in profits" and potential buyers leads to.
  • CPU_UK
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I started with Wake Island beta and have hung on in there since...
    Let's not kid ourselves, EA/ DICE is a business, and the console market is orders of magnitude bigger than PC cash cow. It makes sense to keep the code common (from a support point of view), and that means certain things are compromised to fit the consoles ergonomics of play. I'm amazed that they even bother with PC, but I guess as long as there are enough of us buying we'll get the next version when they release it for the consoles ;-)
    Hackers are not EA/ DICE fault per se, but we did get them when the game went Client Side, so a question still in my mind is what would the game be like if it moved back to Server Side? I don't think we'll ever be rid of hackers if things stay as is. But PC is a diminishing market, and console cheats are not a problem that needs solving (yet). Getting pistol from half way across the map is always a give away, but most of the cheats are not obvious any more, you just know one killed you based on experience rather than a stupidly obvious aimbot kill.
    BF3 was the best version, it was fast (very fast) and had great maps (still miss you Aftermath). Of course it had the crappy hitreg issues, which spilled over into BF4 big time. BF4 was slower than BF3, and BF1 is slower than BF4 (I went back and played again). BF4 does feel incredibly smooth when compared to BF1, but then I'm getting 70fps more from BF4 on the same rig, but saying that doesn't BF4 and BF1 still use the same GFX engine, shouldn't they run very similar? Who knows. My own personal opinion is that BF1 is deliberately slower to give the noobs\ lesser rigs a chance.
    Do I like BF1? Hmm, tricky, I love the maps; I love the dynamic weather; I love the levolution when the tickets differ too much; I hate the feel of the weapons; I hate WW1 as a battle environment. If they fix the current bugs, I could be a converted to liking WW1.
    I did note at the start of BF1 that so many of my BF friends who were almost unkillable in BF2\ 3\ 4 (they were gods) were getting slaughter in BF1. BF1 does not lend itself to run & gun as the previous versions did, so I suspect a lot of disgruntled old timers are feeling this pain point.
    I'll still play BF1 and wait for the fixes, and I'll still keep BF4 on the hard drive just in case it gets add-ons from the wonderful DICE LA bunnies.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2016
    I pop in (to BF4) to see how my Favorite servers are faring, badly it seems. Many are empty....BF1 has pluses and minuses but its still the new kid on the block
  • GUNNY1966
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    As for the majority of KILLEM & CHILLEM we will stick to Battlefield4 & wait for a release that's worthy of our community & the way WE WANT OUR STRUCTURE!

:smile: Good Luck :smile:
    That will be an extremely long wait. EA/DICE says "at least" 2 years. Which probably means 3. I wish bf4 had the longevity that CoD 4 had. I thought bf3 and bf4 would be those games. While bf4 was good for a solid 3 years, the 2 good maps have become extremely boring. What made CoD 4 great was the hundreds of custom maps and tactical reality mods. Time for a new game company to step up.

With less than a few thousand players average, this game is dead.

It may be a long wait YES but there are things WE ( KILLEM & CHILLEM ) Do differently, the game isn't dead, it's where you choose to play!

If you continue to play the same old game modes over & over it get's old fast, this is why we took a different avenue to address this.

( 1 ) We use TeamSpeak3 to communicate
    ( 2 ) We screen players with 5 different cheat detectors
    ( 3 ) There is no Admin God- Decisions to remove players is done by all members present
    ( 4 ) All donations are made directly into the servers & funds are not handled by any one single member
    ( 5 ) We help all our members keep their systems clean & if someone needs some hardware we try to help in every way possible
    ( 6 ) Our servers are all set to start with 1 player
    ( 7 ) We do EVERYTHING by request- Maps / Modes / Vehicles / ticket count ect. ect.
    ( 8 ) We allow U.S. & Canadian Players ONLY- Latency related issue resolved

Like they say, don't knock it till you've tried it!
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I read a article which said they dumbed down the graphics on PC play for reasons they manufactured basically claiming that more system would be able to run the game ( NOT TRUE ), it's because it's not selling.
    Not selling? where do you get your "facts" from?
    the total Battlefield 1 player base during launch week was nearly double that of Battlefield 4, and continues to grow.
    it seems that the sales figures don’t lie because if anything, Battlefield 1 seems to be doing better than its predecessors, Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline, and has actually managed to outsell both titles in its first week of availability.
    Battlefield 1 is off to a strong sales start: in the UK it outsold the combined week one sales of Battlefield 4 and Hardline.
    First week sales show that Battlefield 1 has sold nearly one million copies across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Now, even though BF1 sales are really really good, you are still correct in saying it lacks the sales or player base on PC. And you are correct that this is mainly due to the server rental restrictions they implemented for PC. That in itself has turned a lot of PC players off to purchasing BF1.

I personally was looking forward to BF1, but held of purchasing until the PC server rental debacle was sorted. However, it still appears there is a lack of admin control on PC rented servers and I will continue to hold off until that changes. If it ever does.
  • armen22
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You guys do realize Battlefield 4 will soon have yet another release / update / expansion, it's being developed by DICE LA!

where did you read about this? where is the info? I have searched and cannot find any mention of DICE LA working on another expansion/update....

what do you know about it? When is the scheduled release?
  • Filip1310_CRO
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    armen22 wrote: »
    You guys do realize Battlefield 4 will soon have yet another release / update / expansion, it's being developed by DICE LA!

where did you read about this? where is the info? I have searched and cannot find any mention of DICE LA working on another expansion/update....

Seconding this. Would love to hear more.

Anyway, went from BF1 back to BF4, its more fun and there are no annoying gas grenades everywhere
  • E4_UsMc
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I pre-ordered BF1, played it for a bit, and was disappointed in the overall gameplay. Got the refund from the pre-order and back to BF4 I go.. Been playing BF games since BF2 which is still my favorite.
  • Strac_CRO
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    armen22 wrote: »
    Seconding this. Would love to hear more.
    Anyway, went from BF1 back to BF4, its more fun and there are no annoying gas grenades everywhere
    I would like to see maps from Battlefield 2 Modern Combat (from PS2 and XBOX)

• DirtyLittleGoat
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    I read a article which said they dumbed down the graphics on PC play for reasons they manufactured basically claiming that more system would be able to run the game ( NOT TRUE ), it's because it's not selling.
    Not selling? where do you get your "facts" from?
    the total Battlefield 1 player base during launch week was nearly double that of Battlefield 4, and continues to grow.
    it seems that the sales figures don’t lie because if anything, Battlefield 1 seems to be doing better than its predecessors, Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline, and has actually managed to outsell both titles in its first week of availability.
    Battlefield 1 is off to a strong sales start: in the UK it outsold the combined week one sales of Battlefield 4 and Hardline.
    First week sales show that Battlefield 1 has sold nearly one million copies across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Now, even though BF1 sales are really really good, you are still correct in saying it lacks the sales or player base on PC. And you are correct that this is mainly due to the server rental restrictions they implemented for PC. That in itself has turned a lot of PC players off to purchasing BF1.

I personally was looking forward to BF1, but held of purchasing until the PC server rental debacle was sorted. However, it still appears there is a lack of admin control on PC rented servers and I will continue to hold off until that changes. If it ever does.

I completely lost interest in even picking BF1 up in a sale because we were locked out of the RSP discussion pages. Will never be buying that excreta now. Roll on BFBC3, it's what the community has asked for consistently for the past few years.
  • VonStiffy
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I completely lost interest in even picking BF1 up in a sale because we were locked out of the RSP discussion pages. Will never be buying that excreta now. Roll on BFBC3, it's what the community has asked for consistently for the past few years.

Eh?

What evidence among the wealth of evidence to the contrary,do you have that makes you think that any future iterations will reverse direction?

DICE left years ago...the personnel now have never played a game without a controller.Every game since BFBC2 has been a bad port over.
  • DirtyLittleGoat
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VonStiffy wrote: »

Eh?

What evidence among the wealth of evidence to the contrary,do you have that makes you think that any future iterations will reverse direction?

DICE left years ago...the personnel now have never played a game without a controller.Every game since BFBC2 has been a bad port over.

I didn't say they would, it's just what many people have stated that they want.
  • opsis_1
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You back yet lol...if not hows it going?
This discussion has been closed.