Weekly Debrief

Any Medics out there who DO NOT use their bayonets ?

DisfunkD86
696 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited December 2016
I have taken mine off, im not sure if there is much of a difference in having it attached in terms of ADS speed etc

Comments

• jaw41883
    101 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    From what I've heard, going ADS without it on after sprinting is faster, but I don't know for sure.
  • DisfunkD86
    do the benefits of having it off outweigh the benefits of having it on for obvious reasons
  • M0istGamer
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bayonet charge is a one hit kill that surprises enemies behind corners and can allow you to close on and kill a fleeing enemy from 30 meters out.

Don't see a reason to leave it off.

Then there's the satisfying animation that's just a cherry on top.

I'll never go without it.
  • Greatorex1987
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I NEVER remember to bayonet anybody which is kind of annoying, but I remember reading that ADS is *meant* to be quicker.
  • Gun51ing3r
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ADS and reloading is quicker with it off. Recoil is also reduced, which I find strange, I would have thought the weight of the bayonet would reduce recoil and it would be increased if taken off................
  • GerocK-
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Without the bayonet, your gun will fire its first bullet faster when you shoot while you're sprinting. This is beneficial in close quarters combat, when you're sprinting and an enemy pops up. I consider taking off the bayonet when I play with an SMG or shotgun, because with these weapons I am mostly on flanking routes / behind enemy lines. That fast first shot really gives you an advantage in these situations.
    As a Medic I play a bit more defensive and there is less need for that faster first bullet. I think a bayonet on your Medic weapon gives you a high chance of killing a sentry and revive the sentry's victims after. Even if that happens only once in a game, it's worth more than a faster first bullet that doesn't help as much anyway with a self-loading rifle.
  • baddazoner
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i see no reason to take it off bayonet comes in handy since it's a one hit kill that most players can't react too fast enough
  • themonk5
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im a medic and i took mine off i don't know why lol but i did so i just leave it off now. I haven't noticed any difference shooting the gun with it on/off.
  • Combatjack0331
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Never have it on if I roll a class that has them.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    I don't, on any class.

Purely for cosmetic purposes, I like the cleaner look of the gun without it. Also my aim is terrible, I am liable to miss, run straight past them and over the nearest sand dune into the distance :D

If I happen to get behind someone I could bayonet charge I usually just catch up to them and one-hit them with me knife.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don´t use it. First thing I changed.
  • Blodkorpen
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Don't use it. Only on Martini Henry and maybe I'll use it on other BA rifles.
  • Misutoraru16
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    depend on the map
    some map favour mid to long range which i would take it off
    if some map have strong CQC then i equip it
  • SCOTTISH21
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't use it.
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Used it until I got a kill and then unequipped
  • DisfunkD86
    eSyn-exor wrote: »
    I don´t use it. First thing I changed.

yea i took mine off right away i found having it was a distraction 1 method of killing is easier than having 2
  • olavafar
    1960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I remove it first thing on all weapons, all classes. I tried to use it in the beginning but found it sort of clunky. It is just not in my reflexes + I'm an ADS addict so I want the extra time. Also it is often revealing as it has a tendency to stick out from corners and through walls etc as your rifle get longer. I have learned to dodge and counter knife it quite well. Makes me feel like some Martial Arts master when it goes well.
  • DisfunkD86
    olavafar wrote: »
    I remove it first thing on all weapons, all classes. I tried to use it in the beginning but found it sort of clunky. It is just not in my reflexes + I'm an ADS addict so I want the extra time. Also it is often revealing as it has a tendency to stick out from corners and through walls etc as your rifle get longer. I have learned to dodge and counter knife it quite well. Makes me feel like some Martial Arts master when it goes well.

yea the bloody bayonet stick out of windows like a bloody beacon "here i am come nade me"
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really WANT to like the bayonet, the idea of it is so cool, and its so satisfying when you get a successful charge. One of my favorite things to do to break a siege, toss a smoke or two, then bayonet charge straight thru the smoke into the enemy position. (Mostly effective indoors obviously) Really satisfying when it works out.

Only problem is I usually end up getting myself killed instead. The smallest step sideways from the target and I rush past them like an idiot, with a giant target on my back saying "HEY, SHOOT ME SHOOT ME" I end up staring at my corpse on the respawn screen, shaking my head, saying to myself "I shoulda just shot the guy..."

Plus, I do notice a small difference without the bayonet. I love to use guns that everyone else casts aside, so I've been using the Factory autoloading 8.35. With only 5 bullets, the lesser accuracy and poorer recoil with bayonet do make quite a difference.
  • Visegrip117
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't use them or have them equipped