20 players to start a game bullsh*t

ric02ardochicken
8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
DICE why make it 20 player to start its stupid especially for milsim clans who at a time maybe have 12 members online they cant do anything because the game doesnt start till there is 20 players in the server

Comments

• JUT72UK
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Restrictions should be lowered to what they were in BF4 = 4 people to get a game going and back to pre round if it drops to 2.
    Only DICE servers should have the strict limits in place.

They are quick to take our money for the servers but will fail due to people getting refunds if they can't play on what they have paid for.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They've already confirmed this number is being changed to 6.
  • Pitbruiser
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Restrictions should be lowered to what they were in BF4 = 4 people to get a game going and back to pre round if it drops to 2.

They are quick to take our money for the servers but will fail due to people getting refunds if they can't play on what they have paid for.

+1

I strongly urge DICE to reduce minimum player start to four as well.

In BF4, it was already difficult for most servers to get a game going with four player start.

The plan to reduce BF1 to a six player start is better than twenty, but as experience has already shown, four player start is still too difficult for most server renters.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pitbruiser wrote: »

+1

In BF4, it was already difficult for most servers to get a game going with four player start.

The plan to reduce BF1 to a six player start is better than twenty, but as experience has already shown, four player start is still too difficult for most server renters.

I'll say at least 50%, if not more of the community will never get their server(s) comfortably filled most of the time. This is how it's always been. Traditionally there aren't enough players to actually fill all of the servers rented. Those that do fill there's, do so by providing the necessary environments and a lot of work.

It's not EA's or DICE's responsibility to ensure your particular server is filled to the brim with players. Although it is their responsibility to give you adequate tools/features/functionality to enable you the chance to do so.

The baseline "coming soon" features will enable that chance. From there it is your responsibility.

To think that a 4 player start will help you get filled is naive at best. Most players won't touch a server unless there are at least 12 or more playing. And that's dependent on game mode and size. 6 to start is fine.
  • Pitbruiser
    edited December 2016

+1

I'll say at least 50%, if not more of the community will never get their server(s) comfortably filled most of the time. This is how it's always been. Traditionally there aren't enough players to actually fill all of the servers rented. Those that do fill there's, do so by providing the necessary environments and a lot of work.

It's not EA's or DICE's responsibility to ensure your particular server is filled to the brim with players. Although it is their responsibility to give you adequate tools/features/functionality to enable you the chance to do so.

The baseline "coming soon" features will enable that chance. From there it is your responsibility.

To think that a 4 player start will help you get filled is naive at best. Most players won't touch a server unless there are at least 12 or more playing. And that's dependent on game mode and size. 6 to start is fine.

It is not naive to think four player start will fill a server. We've done it on daily basis and we did it for years.
  • Rev0verDrive

+1

It is not naive to think four player start will fill a server. We've done it on daily basis and we did it for years.

Not just because there was a 4 player to start setting. It took work.
  • Pitbruiser
    edited December 2016

+1

Not just because there was a 4 player to start setting. It took work.

It took some work, but six player start will take even more work.

To be honest, this idea of having X amount of players to break pre-round is ridiculous. DICE ought to go back the way it was with BF1942, BF2, and BC2.
    DICE didn't give a hoot about stat padders then, why should they now? :)
  • Inabizzle1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Totally agree should be 4 to start and why can't they let you play till it starts like bf4 does instead of looking at that dam screen waiting. They have finally added operations to server browser but no filter option for 40 player server.
  • Inabizzle1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just noticed under operations they have removed the 40 or 64 player option, what a bunch of Muppet's I don't want to play 64 player lag fests
  • Axlerod1
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I guess I am in the other crowd. Every day I get my server going. Every day it fills up.

Like REV said, it takes work and a great environment. It also takes friends. WE have been doing this since BF1942.

Do I like 20 player start? No
    6 player start is fine. I can even agree to 8 players.
    20 player start is to difficult for most servers to get started.

The other thing is we need to be able to set up things like HARDCORE mode and have it not show up as custom.
    You can not change any settings at all or your server will show up as custom and very few will find your server.
  • -Antares65z
    1508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Inabizzle1 wrote: »
    Totally agree should be 4 to start and why can't they let you play till it starts like bf4 does instead of looking at that dam screen waiting. They have finally added operations to server browser but no filter option for 40 player server.

It would definitely help keep players interested in the pre-round if they enabled the flags to be and all weapons you have earned. Currently there is no point on the map to converge on and players wander around lost until they get bored and leave.

My server expired yesterday and so far I haven't renewed it. But if they are going to drop it to 6 player start, I may do so.

• CrashCA
    861 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RSP server's can be set to 6 player start since the summer BUT it makes a server Custom and thus hard to fill
  • -Antares65z
    1508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    CrashCA wrote: »
    RSP server's can be set to 6 player start since the summer BUT it makes a server Custom and thus hard to fill

I'm wondering when they'll roll out the patch to where setting it to 6 players won't make it Custom. Would be nice if we could make other changes as well without it affect the server's visibility in the browser under default filters. So far I haven't renewed mine yet. Sure wish we could get an All Maps server going on the West coast that gets daily traffic.
    Post edited by -Antares65z on
  • Axlerod1
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    well it been this way for 1 year now. Don't get your hopes up. We just got ability to move players a few days ago. It took dice 6 months to give a the ability to kick and ban players. In 1 more year the next Battlefield game will be out.
    Do the math.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11459 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Necro.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!