Getting the sisters involved

CaptainHawsehole
367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited May 2016
russia-womens-battalion-of-death-general-polovtzef-passing-the-the-picture-id535822247
Perhaps the inclusion of the women's battalions would help diversify the fauna around here. I sure would love to see them in action!

Comments

• JuveOG1105
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    It wasn't common though. It happened in WW2 as well with the Russians but I feel like if they did include women they'd add them to all factions. I wouldn't mind a minority of them but you know that wouldn't happen. Not to mention most that where in the military held non combat roles.
  • CaptainHawsehole
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2016
    I get what you mean, but as many say... this is not a simulator. In any case... this. At 4m36s

• bf1helicopter
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2016
    There are women in the game...
  • CaptainHawsehole
    You mean that beduin woman in the trailer, saber bare and charging across the desert?
  • BaronVonGoon
    7054 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Could they be scantily clad. What? It's a video game.
  • CaptainHawsehole
    You mean give them armor? Oh my!
  • JuveOG1105
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I get what you mean, but as many say... this is not a simulator. In any case... this. At 4m36s

I get what you're saying to if the lady players played as women no problem I just find it weird when guys play as women. Idk I do and don't care there's nothing I can do about it if they add women I just feel like it'd break immersion for me. It'd be like having this tale place in WW2 and they showcased D-Day but there where men and women defending and storming the beaches of Normandy.
  • StarscreamUK
    7532 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 2016
    ww1, they were not routinely on the frontline.

the british army for example only ever had 1 woman on the frontline, and she only got there by passing herself off as a man.,
  • CaptainHawsehole
    What immersion do you really have when stationary guns are now portable for ' fun gameplay' reasons? :)
  • JuveOG1105
    What immersion do you really have when stationary guns are now portable for ' fun gameplay' reasons? :)

That's a little different in my opinion. That's for gameplay purposes we're talking about visual immersion.
  • CaptainHawsehole
    Not all that different. I wonder just how it would ruin your visual immersion. It's not like they'd be portrayed like the ww2 pinup girls in mini skirts. Hell under the mud caking, the only difference you'd really see is that there is a soldier without a mustache on the field.
  • CaptainHawsehole
    edited May 2016
    Will your imersion be broken when 20 people in the same game use the Red Baron skin on their Fokkers? There was only one Red Baron :)
  • JuveOG1105
    Not all that different. I wonder just how it would ruin your visual immersion. It's not like they'd be portrayed like the ww2 pinup girls in mini skirts. Hell under the mud caking, the only difference you'd really see is that there is a soldier without a mustache on the field.

It's way different guns being modded is for gameplay purposes . What you want plays no role in gameplay what's so ever it's just aesthetics. I understand that I'm not dumb you'd also have lady voices and like I said they where a minority in the front. It just wouldn't feel right.
  • CaptainHawsehole
    JuveOG1105 wrote: »
    they where a minority in the front. It just wouldn't feel right.
    Just like the Red Baron was a single man, but we'll all have access to his red Fokker design. Will your immersion be broken when 10 people use the skin in the same game? :)
  • JuveOG1105
    Will your imersion be broken when 20 people in the same game use the Red Baron skin on their Fokkers? There was only one Red Baron :)

You're not getting my point at all. The Red Baron was an iconic figure thats why you'll see multiple Red Barons he was the first ace pilot ever. Not many people know about women soliders and again in my opinion would ruin immersion for me. At least for the major factions.
  • CaptainHawsehole
    I think 10 Red Barons, weapons that were fixed now being carried and weapons that were not actually deployed in the war being available, all of which are verifiable information, are a whole lot more immersion breaking that one lady on the field. I guess we'll never see eye to eye on this one. :)
  • JuveOG1105
    I think 10 Red Barons, weapons that were fixed now being carried and weapons that were not actually deployed in the war being available, all of which are verifiable information, are a whole lot more immersion breaking that one lady on the field. I guess we'll never see eye to eye on this one. :)

No we won't and other pilots painted their planes red. Like I said before the guns are for gameplay purposes. Which it seems you can't understand. Women played a minor role in the war The Red Baron played a huge role that's how it's different.
  • CaptainHawsehole
    What gameplay purposes would weapons that were never there have, pray tell? The war was fought without them, and we can do without them too. We just won't. Same logic applies, and it would not even affect gameplay or balance. You're willing to suspend disbelief to the point of 10 red barons in one battle when he was a single man. Being an iconic hero does not justify there being more than one. If you're willing to engage in suspension of disbelief on one side but not another, that's fine bro. Just own it rather than impute I don't understand. You're doing yourself a disservice. :)
  • JuveOG1105
    What gameplay purposes would weapons that were never there have, pray tell? The war was fought without them, and we can do without them too. We just won't. Same logic applies, and it would not even affect gameplay or balance. You're willing to suspend disbelief to the point of 10 red barons in one battle when he was a single man. Being an iconic hero does not justify there being more than one. If you're willing to engage in suspension of disbelief on one side but not another, that's fine bro. Just own it rather than impute I don't understand. You're doing yourself a disservice. :)

Ok stop with the smug emoji smiles. We're having a debate. I'm not talking about experimental weapons more so along the lines of lmgs and the war was not fought with out them. Secondly women units where pretty much all women if dice put them in garuntee you it'd be like a 60/40 ratio of men to women. I'm doing no disservice to myself because I want the game a certain way. It's my opinion or am I not allowed to have those now? Read what I said to you can stretch The Red Baron thing cause there was more than 1 plane painted red. Why are you so adamant to have women in the game?
  • Sir-xer21
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    JuveOG1105 wrote: »

Ok stop with the smug emoji smiles. We're having a debate.

lol, it's hardly a debate. I'm just sad I forgot my marshmallows because you're getting absolutely roasted here.