How to extend the rental period of a server...

PrvtSchnee
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
...BEFORE the server goes down? Cant find a way to prevent a shutdown when the rental period is over. Please advise.

Comments

• kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2016
    do a favour to everyone and ask for refund, renew it when they release working service
    afaik, some dev posted somewhere that your server slot is "locked" for one month, or similar time limit, in which u can renew it again. After that its slot is offered to outsiders. Server without downtime is so 2k15.........
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    what he^ said
  • BruceWillii
    706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dunno. something about don't rent servers?
  • CrashCA
    1008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why renew, in it's current state, you are just throwing money at EA, who cares less
  • EmiLCFix
    1216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PrvtSchnee wrote: »
    ...BEFORE the server goes down? Cant find a way to prevent a shutdown when the rental period is over. Please advise.

The moment it goes offline you can choose for "renew" next to the option "configure server". If this happens when the server is full, i am afraid it will go empty instantly when rental period is over
  • PrvtSchnee
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The moment it goes offline you can choose for "renew" next to the option "configure server". If this happens when the server is full, i am afraid it will go empty instantly when rental period is over

thats it! why ...oh why i have to wait til my hoster kicking me out before i can say "aahm, sorry but i want to stay"? this is stupid.... not a single one of the 3th party hosters in bf4 are doing something similar like this. whats up ith you guys @ea. no kicking, no banning, no live serverchanges, no mapswitch, no traffic, no german location, tons of "not avaiable".

RSP is beta. Rental Prices should be BETA too (as what it is worth atm): Zero
  • AWOLCricket
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No way in heck I'll be renewing mine any time soon. Thank goodness I only did the 30 day.
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    We did it for 6months - 140euros is 23€ a month, for a lagless 60hertz server that never seems to crash (we have 5 servers in bf4 and each week in the evening, so full of players, we had at least 1 crash a week. And on all major clanservers i have had crashes when i visited as a player so all providers are less reliable as these servers in bf1) - and our server is full everyday (p.s. we are talking pc here), argonne only / conquest 24/7. SO the advice here to not rent i find weird, at least we can play our favorite map constantly that is at least something. But i hope by that time - in 6months - it can be renewed in a normal way, but i am 99% sure it will be.
  • RTB_docfire
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We did it for 6months - 140euros is 23€ a month, for a lagless 60hertz server that never seems to crash (we have 5 servers in bf4 and each week in the evening, so full of players, we had at least 1 crash a week. And on all major clanservers i have had crashes when i visited as a player so all providers are less reliable as these servers in bf1) - and our server is full everyday (p.s. we are talking pc here), argonne only / conquest 24/7. SO the advice here to not rent i find weird, at least we can play our favorite map constantly that is at least something. But i hope by that time - in 6months - it can be renewed in a normal way, but i am 99% sure it will be.

What again!!! Do you work for EA/DICE or something and what cool-aid are you drinking?

• NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2016

What again!!! Do you work for EA/DICE or something and what cool-aid are you drinking?

#BEvdG / Argonne Forest only / conquest 24/7 is the exact name of the server , is that a dice employee server? Are you saying the RSP is expensive and laggy and crashes a lot? We find it very important, we feel robbed by third party providers now that we see it can be done way cheaper and without lag and crashes.
  • Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just give me an auto renewal option. This way I can rent a server for a week to test it out, and have the auto renewal enabled so the server won't get shutoff and kick everybody off. If I so choose to disable auto renewal, then it'll turn off once the period is over.

But honestly I don't see why we can't renew/extend the server before it ends.
  • Jabaariyn
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ..and our server is full everyday (p.s. we are talking pc here), argonne only / conquest 24/7. SO the advice here to not rent i find weird, at least we can play our favorite map constantly that is at least something.

Hey, if you think it's worth your money, all the power to you.
  • Slashette
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

QUIT downplaying dude this is just wrong!!!! He is doing this on every thread
  • Slashette
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

#BEvdG / Argonne Forest only / conquest 24/7 is the exact name of the server , is that a dice employee server? Are you saying the RSP is expensive and laggy and crashes a lot? We find it very important, we feel robbed by third party providers now that we see it can be done way cheaper and without lag and crashes.

just cause your freaking server if full doesnt mean ANY of ours are... so get off your high horse... this just isnt right, kinda sick if you ask me...PS He thinks he is special cause his is full running 1 freaking lame map
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I got a refund on my servers. Not worth the headache. Give me $80 third party servers that actually work anytime.
  • Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    I got a refund on my servers. Not worth the headache. Give me $80 third party servers that actually work anytime.
    Yeah with procon control :)
  • NL73schietdammer
    all lies and bs , you need the name of the maps you are running in the servername /// you need 3 pcs that can help each day /// dont set any custom things //// done, i see that the community finds new server really really quickly. I have the argonne server for 3 months now and everyday players , our 2nd server st quentin scar 2 months and also everyday players. p.s. chanegd argonneto amiens till fort vaux coems out. And we are talking pc version here, and europe. American pc rsp servers are very difficult to fill up.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    FYI they have pcs that stay logged in all the time to seed the server. Not actual players mind you just ghosts. Also in the US were used to servers that dont suck and dont require 20 flippin people to start a round. Happy for ya man but dont make it a europe / us thing. They are doing an absolutely crappy job at hosting servers and should have left it as it was. I dont really care that they are hosting it tbh as I have had no issue with either EA or 3rd party hosts what I have is issues with rolling out a super crappy version of console servers and expecting everyone to be ok with sub par server tools or missing tools that have been a part of BF for DECADES.. THAT is the issue .
  • Mrs_Ragdoll
    268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gavyne wrote: »
    Just give me an auto renewal option. This way I can rent a server for a week to test it out, and have the auto renewal enabled so the server won't get shutoff and kick everybody off. If I so choose to disable auto renewal, then it'll turn off once the period is over.

OMG I just rented a server for a week, so if it will be finally populated it will kick everyone, I want to extend the contract before the end of that 1 week trial. I also have a bug report open now and just posted it at EA for help but maybe you can help me as well?
    I can't get any DLC weapons on the server. A member of my platoon rebooted BF1 and then had them, but next time he connected they were gone again (and I'm rank 0). Is the problem maybe that the server didn't run a full match yet? It's still on Amiens, first map in the mapcycle. Or maybe he needs to play one of the DLC maps first as a fix? Then I could change the mapcycle so a DLC map is the first map.....
  • NL73schietdammer
    Gavyne wrote: »

OMG I just rented a server for a week, so if it will be finally populated it will kick everyone, I want to extend the contract before the end of that 1 week trial. I also have a bug report open now and just posted it at EA for help but maybe you can help me as well?
    I can't get any DLC weapons on the server. A member of my platoon rebooted BF1 and then had them, but next time he connected they were gone again (and I'm rank 0). Is the problem maybe that the server didn't run a full match yet? It's still on Amiens, first map in the mapcycle. Or maybe he needs to play one of the DLC maps first as a fix? Then I could change the mapcycle so a DLC map is the first map.....

NO no no, everything is normal, just go to any empty server, nowhere you ahve the dlc weapons pre-round, and everywhere your class rank is 0 or 1 (the 1 that can go to 50), your normal rank that goes to 120 shoudl be normal.

Renewal can be done, just rent a 2nd server, yes thats right a 2nd server. Then call EA in your country, beleive me that telephoen of EA i would give a 9 out of 10 (they absolutely know about RSP). Then yous ay i wnat to stop the 2nd server and give all days to server 1. I rented 5 servers all 180days i called stopped 4 and let the guy on the telephone give all days to the remaining server that one is now rented till octrobre 2018 so 12months and i called then 6 months ago so at that time i rented the server for 18months from that day - yes i know 5x180 days is lonegr then that but ofcourse i hgad those 5 for motnhs - all full everyday but was too much work.