Inital thoughts on Gamers and NDA

Lordmang4
2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
Earlier, I defined "irony" as giving gamers closed alpha/beta access and making them agree to an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) when many have no idea what an NDA really means and only know how to select that checkbox which states that they will agree to abide by the NDA.
I should have also defined "insanity" as expecting a result after many instances have shown time again that the result probably won't happen.
Why game developers/publishers continue to ask gamers to abide by NDAs when most gamers don't know or don't care is beyond me.

Comments

• pinchylillobster
    964 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I always assumed the Non-Disclosure Agreement was pretty self explanatory. Don't disclose anything from the alpha. I guess reading is hard.

I get a pretty good laugh when someone hops on the forums asking what happened to their alpha access, only to have Braddock reveal that they broke their NDA and their access was revoked.
  • Crispy_Pinguin
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some people just have an aversion to reading. This forum and other gaming forums prove that in spades.
  • Crispy_Pinguin
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Some people just have an aversion to reading. This forum and other gaming forums prove that in spades.

it hurts my feeling on how idiots get keys... its like they said hmm lets give the noobs the keys and have a laugh
  • MasterOfJimmies
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    When encountering a large page of fine writing most people generally tend to skip or ignore it as can be seen with large forum posts.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know how you feel. I signed up as a BF Insider literally the day it stated you could get access to the alpha and early access to the beta, and have left my e-mail open in a tab every single day, and have gotten ONE e-mail from the BF Insider program, and it had nothing to do with alpha, beta, or anything else.
    -
    I've been waiting patiently and was stoked to be able to give feedback on the alpha if I got in, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen at this point.
  • SatanicMutant
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Earlier, I defined "irony" as giving gamers closed alpha/beta access and making them agree to an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) when many have no idea what an NDA really means and only know how to select that checkbox which states that they will agree to abide by the NDA.
    I should have also defined "insanity" as expecting a result after many instances have shown time again that the result probably won't happen.
    Why game developers/publishers continue to ask gamers to abide by NDAs when most gamers don't know or don't care is beyond me.

It's a means to prosecute the rebels
  • DrVanNostrand1
    869 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    you're just jelly....
  • Crispy_Pinguin
    I know how you feel. I signed up as a BF Insider literally the day it stated you could get access to the alpha and early access to the beta, and have left my e-mail open in a tab every single day, and have gotten ONE e-mail from the BF Insider program, and it had nothing to do with alpha, beta, or anything else.
    -
    I've been waiting patiently and was stoked to be able to give feedback on the alpha if I got in, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen at this point.

and then knowing that the beta will be an open one so that signing up was just for who knows. the day the beta will be available you'll see it in the store of Microsoft or the psn store! so they still need to explain what the point of signing up was.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    you're just jelly....
    I'm just amused at seeing all the NDA-violation threads being created all over the BF forums and then watching all the moderation staff scramble to keep up with the deluge and lock all these NDA-violation threads.

• Crispy_Pinguin
    you're just jelly....
    I'm just amused at seeing all the NDA-violation threads being created all over the BF forums and then watching all the moderation staff scramble to keep up with the deluge and lock all these NDA-violation threads.

it blows me mind, that people are that stupid. if you ask to people that are playing the alpha and you ask what does nda mean ? 75% will not know what it is !
  • Scumbag_of_Space
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I think it's ridiculous that EA would even ask gamers to abide by a non-disclosure agreement. Most of them can barely write properly so it's hard to have any faith in them reading either. Anyone know what punishments they'll dish out to violators?
  • DrVanNostrand1
    869 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Most of them can barely write properly so it's hard to have any faith in them reading either.

dude,you're buying milk based on color
  • Loqtrall
    I think it's ridiculous that EA would even ask gamers to abide by a non-disclosure agreement. Most of them can barely write properly so it's hard to have any faith in them reading either. Anyone know what punishments they'll dish out to violators?

The extent of "punishment" is probably having whatever leaks they publish on the web removed. There have been tons of YouTube videos on Reddit removed almost as soon as they were linked, and threads here are constantly being closed.
    -
    Doesn't seem like there's much else they can do aside from finding whatever account said person is using for the closed alpha and denying them access to it.
  • Scumbag_of_Space
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member

The extent of "punishment" is probably having whatever leaks they publish on the web removed. There have been tons of YouTube videos on Reddit removed almost as soon as they were linked, and threads here are constantly being closed.
    -
    Doesn't seem like there's much else they can do aside from finding whatever account said person is using for the closed alpha and denying them access to it.

They should consider themselves lucky in that case. I'm sure EA would go further than that if they though they could get away with it.
  • Loqtrall
    If only they'd just read. I mean, is it really that hard to wait for the Open Beta to try and share all their gameplay with their friends?
  • Lordmang4
    I think it's ridiculous that EA would even ask gamers to abide by a non-disclosure agreement.
    Agreed. That was the gist of my thread.

• Scumbag_of_Space
    I think it's ridiculous that EA would even ask gamers to abide by a non-disclosure agreement.
    Agreed. That was the gist of my thread.

Agreed.
  • AlfLDN
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2016
    "This is where I'd put my BF1 Alpha Key... IF I HAD ONE!"

NDA only delays the inevitable in my opinion.