game is still bad

virgin_kills
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
I constantly get shot while behind walls with good ping servers, every time I die, it's with 4 shots from their gun, regardless of how low their damage is (game doesnt have accurate hit detection still), and overpowered guns are still overpowered while the guns that were decent were made worse (dice sucks at balancing). While in jets, lock on missiles dont beep rapidly like they're supposed to until a split second before the missile hits and my flares NEVER work for no reason at all (I tried flaring right when they shoot the missile, a little after its shot, right when its about to hit, etc.) and why arent sniper guns a one shot kill? We go through all of the trouble of leading the shot, getting the range right, and all that crud and still only do like 90 damage maximum (typically 60). also while sniping, while aimed directly on an enemy and I am not moving my character, my shot still misses like I was aiming to their side.

Comments

• Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    Bf4 is actually one of the better FPS games out there.

Weapon balance is a extremely good, some are better than others but there's no god guns and you can do extremely well with any of the weapons.

Funny, that you complain about DICE not being able to balance things and then you go ahead and suggest OHK snipers...

While flying helis or jets active radar missiles and AA mines are only things that can cause the situation you described simply because they do not need a lock on before firing. Active radar missiles are a dumb idea I'll give you that.

You seem to be wondering about weapon stats too, this page got you covered: http://symthic.com/bf4-weapon-charts
  • Mikex2112
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Guns in BF4 are far from "balanced"

• Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mikex2112 wrote: »
    Guns in BF4 are far from "balanced"

Not really
  • FromXbox_w_Love
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Guns are fine, except sniper rifles are pointless. I'm not in for a debate if they should be 1HK or 2HK or what. I don't really care. But right now, they're novelty weapons. There's no practical reason to ever carry a sniper rifle with you and out of all weapon types and all vehicles, they're easily the hardest route to the top of the scoreboard.

• Ameeba37
    Agu_FI_EU wrote: »
    Guns are fine, except sniper rifles are pointless. I'm not in for a debate if they should be 1HK or 2HK or what. I don't really care. But right now, they're novelty weapons. There's no practical reason to ever carry a sniper rifle with you and out of all weapon types and all vehicles, they're easily the hardest route to the top of the scoreboard.

Sniper rifles are far from useless...
  • Lord_Beelzebub1
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's funny how people say sniper rifles in this game shouldn't be one shot kills due to "game balancing" yet if you've played BF1, most of the time they are one shot kills, as a sniper rifle should be. I agree with the OP, sniper rifles should be one shot kills. Hitting a moving target, leading your target, figuring out the right range and thus adjusting your scope to compensate, and still hit your target from 300+ yards out, is a bit harder than just blasting someone with a shotgun from 5 feet away. If you can do all that with a sniper rifle from that far away, you deserve a one shot kill.

Funny how everyone complains about one shot kill snipers yet love their one shot killing machine shotguns.
  • FromXbox_w_Love
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »

Sniper rifles are far from useless...

Useless & pointless are two different things. Sure you can use sniper rifles and do good with them. You can do good with a pistol only likewise. Or UCAV + Mortar only. It's not like sniper rifles couldn't be used.

But there's a zero objective-play related reason to use one over let's say, a DMR or if a CQC map like Locker, over a carbine.

Grab an assault rifle, jump on a flag and kill 4 guys in a few seconds + cap the flag = over 1500 score.

Grab a sniper rifle + jump on a flag = you're either stupid or just want to challenge yourself by having a weaker weapon for no practical reason.

Grab a sniper rifle + don't jump on a flag and stick to 300m+ ranges instead (where they are stronger than DMRs) = It takes way longer for you to kill those 4 guys and if one stays alive, you can't hunt him down and his 3 dead squadmates will spawn on him. No matter what happens, you won't get points for the capture, and end result is about 500 points.

I enjoy sniping in FPS games btw. But it's not worth it in BF4. In Hardline sure, I have a clip on the frontpage of my public profile where I take out like 6 guys with a sniper rifle in a few seconds. In BF4 that wouldn't have ever happened unless I would have been using an assault rifle or an LMG.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It's funny how people say sniper rifles in this game shouldn't be one shot kills due to "game balancing" yet if you've played BF1, most of the time they are one shot kills, as a sniper rifle should be. I agree with the OP, sniper rifles should be one shot kills. Hitting a moving target, leading your target, figuring out the right range and thus adjusting your scope to compensate, and still hit your target from 300+ yards out, is a bit harder than just blasting someone with a shotgun from 5 feet away. If you can do all that with a sniper rifle from that far away, you deserve a one shot kill.

Funny how everyone complains about one shot kill snipers yet love their one shot killing machine shotguns.

Its really not difficult to hit a moving target with a sniper rifle. It is difficult to hit their head though, which is a one shot kill.

I rarely use snipers, but I use shotguns even less (other than the shorty).

You mentioned 300 yards. If you are on a flag, there is no reason to shoot at targets 300 yards away. If you are 300 yards away from an objective, you deserve absolutely nothing.
  • Tree45PeecN2
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yes make snipers ohk so even more people will be camping rooftops not playing the objective. If you don't like it go play bf1, nothing's going to change here.

The game is pretty balanced I'd say, not perfect but nothing is. Active radar as stated above is probably one of the few things included.
  • FromXbox_w_Love
    You mentioned 300 yards. If you are on a flag, there is no reason to shoot at targets 300 yards away. If you are 300 yards away from an objective, you deserve absolutely nothing.

Exactly, because when you're on the flag, you don't need a sniper rifle for anything. Which is why they are pointless. They are by far, the least capable weapon class in the game.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Exactly, because when you're on the flag, you don't need a sniper rifle for anything. Which is why they are pointless. They are by far, the least capable weapon class in the game.

I agree. I've seen a couple of people on my friends list do better with a bolt action on Op Locker than i can do with an assault rifle. Its impressive, but it always makes me wonder how much better they could do with an assault rifle.

• pinchylillobster
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Snipers should only ever be a 1hk via a headshot or close range. You deserve the kill if you're 300+ meters away and land a headshot. That takes skill.

You do not deserve the kill if they're 300m away and hit them in the foot. Literally anyone can do that.

The defensive perk shouldn't have been implemented.

Having said that, in regards to the OP. 4-5 hits is absolutely fine in terms of ttk. Your only valid point is in regards to active radar. It should never have existed, much like thermals in this game.
  • OkAkA_93_or1kg7
    610 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    No the game isnt bad, its actually very good these days. I cant even think a better fps game for console than bf4
  • Tree45PeecN2
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    No the game isnt bad, its actually very good these days. I cant even think a better fps game for console than bf4

Agreed, best FPS on console currently. Was thinking about trying bf1 but played beta and didn't like it. The whole shooting and not showing up on the minimap plus spotting cooldown plus no close range recon weapons really kills it for me, I felt blind.

• FromXbox_w_Love
    Snipers should only ever be a 1hk via a headshot or close range. You deserve the kill if you're 300+ meters away and land a headshot. That takes skill.

You do not deserve the kill if they're 300m away and hit them in the foot. Literally anyone can do that.

The defensive perk shouldn't have been implemented.

Having said that, in regards to the OP. 4-5 hits is absolutely fine in terms of ttk. Your only valid point is in regards to active radar. It should never have existed, much like thermals in this game.

I'm not saying they should be OHK. The problem is that there's no such thing as 1.5 HK or something. 1 HK and they are OP. 2 HK (like now) and they are not worth it. There should be something clever being done to them. Something like 1HK from heart and upwards. I don't know and I don't care. It's not gonna be changed anymore at this point.
  • wrghjkv
    700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF4's weapon balance is far better than BF1's. Sick and tired of sniper rifles' OHK ****.