Who says controller can't beat MnK?

NZepica
1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Played Titanfall 2 on PC for the first time yesterday, and was absolute trash with MnK. Plugged in a PS4 controller and topped the game.

Comments

• Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The opponents must have been bad then.

There's a reason why pro players use MnK instead of controller.
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Yeah maybe, but the fact that the movement is so much easier with a controller probably helped. I basically just tried to play smart, and rather than engage in head to head gunfights, to engage from the side or back. Seems like a fairly basic thing to do, but I managed.

I did also win a whole bunch of head to head gunfights though, most of which I was lucky to come out alive from, but still.

In the games that I didn't top, I was still mostly in the top 3, and in those ones I was playing against players that were clearly pretty good.
  • realistalive
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    GTFO of here

• NZepica
    Cos that's not a fishy video at all...
  • KrabreatH
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It isn't. That's what you can do with a mouse at the top of the game. The dude is a member of a French competitive team if memory serves. Also keep in mind this is random pubs, where he's slaying people more comparable to me in skill, lol.
  • NZepica
    Far out ok. Dang. And I thought Ravic had good aim.
    KrabreatH wrote: »
    It isn't. That's what you can do with a mouse at the top of the game. The dude is a member of a French competitive team if memory serves. Also keep in mind this is random pubs, where he's slaying people more comparable to me in skill, lol.

• HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    But... But... You can't spin endlessly with a mouse without picking it up.

1080 no scopez 4 the win PC nerds!
  • KrabreatH
    When I first saw that vid months ago, I swore up and down the street that guy was using aimbot scripts, lol. I'm just glad I never have to play against him. I'll agree with ya that movement is SO MUCH easier with a controller though. I've only recently begun using a M&K again after about 8 years away from PC gaming, and the struggle is real. I find it's a lot harder to use my movement to fine tune and line up a shot with M&K than a controller, and that's how I adapted to aiming when I switched to consoles.
  • NZepica
    Yeah, like, holy shiza he's good.

Agreed there. My mate bought Titanfall 2 mainly because he loves the movement, but I kinda had him in awe at how easy it is to use the movement in TF2 well with a controller compared to MnK. That probably helped me actually, cos I was moving better than people would have expected from someone using MnK.
    KrabreatH wrote: »
    When I first saw that vid months ago, I swore up and down the street that guy was using aimbot scripts, lol. I'm just glad I never have to play against him. I'll agree with ya that movement is SO MUCH easier with a controller though. I've only recently begun using a M&K again after about 8 years away from PC gaming, and the struggle is real. I find it's a lot harder to use my movement to fine tune and line up a shot with M&K than a controller, and that's how I adapted to aiming when I switched to consoles.
  • CalBro
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The aim assist is pretty frigging strong in Titanfall 2 in my experience. Maybe that combined with the controller making movement easier in a fast paced game is what did it for you?
  • NZepica
    The aim assist most definitely helped. I wouldn't have had much of a chance without it to be honest.
    CalBro wrote: »
    The aim assist is pretty frigging strong in Titanfall 2 in my experience. Maybe that combined with the controller making movement easier in a fast paced game is what did it for you?
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    Please remain civil when discussing your opinion.
  • wsupchris1222444
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cryphisss wrote: »

it's pcmr vs console, what do you expect
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's not what you use but how you use it.Hell there's a Pro Street Fighter player who still uses the PS1 controller...
  • NZepica
    I didn't know we weren't being civil to be honest... Unless it was just a quick warning to keep it that way.

it's pcmr vs console, what do you expect
  • WarCriminal_954
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »

while it may have some advantages it does NOT guarantee a win. what you're saying here is that MnK will always beat controller and that is not true my friend.

• Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »

while it may have some advantages it does NOT guarantee a win. what you're saying here is that MnK will always beat controller and that is not true my friend.

Well in case you need accuracy mouse is superior compared to a thumbstick.
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

No Cryphisss, this is war, BLOOD MUST BE SHED!!!!!!!!!!
  • KrabreatH
    edited December 2016
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! GURR! But yes, this is essentially a PC vs Console proxy war. I'm amazed it hasn't needed to be locked already. I think it's mostly to do with how much of a good sport OP has been.