Explain this to me DICE (Martini-Henry)

Buggs1992
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
(Disclosure: yes this is another thread where I'm a crying little camping sniper who's pissed his scrub gun is nerfed, so if you don't like it please go troll someone else's thread. Thank you)

DICE can you explain to me something, it's been bothering me all night now. How come you offer a special Level 10 gun for each class that takes forever to unlock, and then nerf it to oblivion? I've been very patient with BF1, I've endured your stupid medal system, the ridiculous battle packs (come on really? Rewarding battle packs is totally random and not based on skill or how much you helped your team and PTFO'd the objective? Not to mention all you get is a skin for a gun you never use or a duplicate of one you already have over and over and over. Oh yeah I forgot, don't you sometimes offer a super rare "puzzle piece" that if you collect all five will give you a special melee weapon for your broken melee system? So sorry to have overlooked that...) Or how about that goofy message that pops up on my screen at the worst opportune time "there is a game available for your party. Would you like to join?" NO!!!!!!!! SHOOT NOOOO!!!! IF I DID I WOULD HAVE ALREADY!!!!!!
But I've been willing to overlook all of this. Everyone told me to work on unlocking the Martini Henry and that this game would all be worth it. And it was! Whoever it was at your developement team who came up with the sound for it should be given a gold medal, it is like an ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ for my ears every time I fired it. I would turn my headset up so loud that my ears would bleed just so I could soak in every last bit of sound from it. And as for the gun itself, it reminded me so much of the Phantom Bow from BF4. And now, not content with the fact it holds only one bullet, has terribly long reload time, very slow bullet speed, and is limited to iron sights only, you have went out and completely gutted it (or as you call it, "fixed it!", but if you'd open your eyes and read everyone's comments, almost everybody always agreed that while yes it was slightly OP it was well balanced overall...) I never felt the Martini was overpowered or a "scrub gun", I died to the "Smelly" SOOOOO many more times than the Martini, in fact if I got killed with the MH I was always like "woah, I screwed up there" not "oh that stupid noob with his OP shoulder cannon". Please DICE, put the Martini back to its pre-December damage model, don't make this game start sucking like you did to Hardline and Battlefront. And I guess if you actually ever read this post, thank you. Now I reckon it's time to go back to BF4 and my Phantom Bow...

Comments

• john_leslies_cok
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ipot_04 wrote: »
    Nerf? Are you stupid?

It's more like they fixed it.
    You should properly read the patch notes.

^ this
  • xLyfa
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    the 52yo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯-meter is strong on this one o/

Stop crying and overthink ur play-style, there r lots of other wpns & tactics out there.
  • Junin__ST3
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The fix looks good for me, because is ridiculous die instantly from a hit on the toe. The weapon still good, we just need to aim better now.
  • tHEfOnzE73
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The original poster admits it was OP then asks for its pre patch damage.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    tHEfOnzE73 wrote: »
    The original poster admits it was OP then asks for its pre patch damage.

The irony
  • deanakos
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They accually fixed it but lets say Ok they nerf it.. i made scout class rank 10 just for martini but to be honest 30-75m 1 shot kill in any body spot its ridiculous. It removes all the players skill and there is no competition at those meters. Martini has the lowest gun headshots .. if u aim chest or head in 30-75m you have 1 shot kill .. now we will see how the sniper class can play including me also.. and also i dont get the fact that why sniper class must be OP and range and close battle and the other classes not? If you are skilled player you can play your favourit class.. and also imo a game like bf must be as must realistik as it can be.. there is no gun that can kill in 1 bullet someone in the as** or in the leg or in the hand. The dmg droped is high enough to finish the job..
  • ARMEDMUSHROOMPL
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    deanakos wrote: »
    They accually fixed it but lets say Ok they nerf it.. i made scout class rank 10 just for martini but to be honest 30-75m 1 shot kill in any body spot its ridiculous. It removes all the players skill and there is no competition at those meters. Martini has the lowest gun headshots .. if u aim chest or head in 30-75m you have 1 shot kill .. now we will see how the sniper class can play including me also.. and also i dont get the fact that why sniper class must be OP and range and close battle and the other classes not? If you are skilled player you can play your favourit class.. and also imo a game like bf must be as must realistik as it can be.. there is no gun that can kill in 1 bullet someone in the as** or in the leg or in the hand. The dmg droped is high enough to finish the job..

What do you think about aim assist as it feels much worse than previous update? I'm normally pc player and not console player so aim assist was very useful for me. Now it's feels broken. I agree with that there is no gun that will kill someone by soothing them in the bum but I feel like leveling your class to get this gun with some advantages over standard ones becomes pointless. At least they could keep graphic levels as per 1.05 update.
  • deanakos

What do you think about aim assist as it feels much worse than previous update? I'm normally pc player and not console player so aim assist was very useful for me. Now it's feels broken. I agree with that there is no gun that will kill someone by soothing them in the bum but I feel like leveling your class to get this gun with some advantages over standard ones becomes pointless. At least they could keep graphic levels as per 1.05 update.

I dont use aim assist in ps4 bcz i dont like my aim been controled by the game.. so i dont know what to say about that and it was the reason i didnt say anything.. but i use hori tactical assult so its like playing on pc a bit.. im a pc guy also but i havent join the master race yet and i like playing games at there full.. As for lvling the class martini is still the best mid rage weapon its not high range ...just ppl cant accept they cant kill with 1 shot anymore hitting someone in the leg. Thats it.. and im with Dice on that..
  • LFC139
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wow OP, don't try and throw the Smelly under the bus just because the martini got nerfed to all hell. I liked the Martini but it needed that fix (even though I called it a nerf I'll get to that).

It shouldn't have had the ability to one hit on limbs alone, they fixed that, great, whatever, the issue arises with what mav_smileyface was alluding to with the bullet penetration as when shooting someone who's running profile the trajectory of the bullet will take it through the upper arm and then the chest/upper torso but the damage value will only apply to the first part hit (the arm) when in reality it should give the damage for the highest value part hit. If the game can calculate the angle, trajectory and speed of the bullet it should know if the high value hit box is going to definitely be struck and reflect this upon impact.

Apologies if this post is 'waffles' it's my first on here and I've been giving the matter some thought.
  • itsonlysmellz69
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016

All ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ aside, it shoots a .577-450 in real life. That would most likely blow your limbs off. And if not, enjoy the hole in your body. Talking about realism.... my ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Do some research tool.
    Post edited by itsonlysmellz69 on
  • AnhNt0209
    3 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tried hard to farm Scout class rank 10 for one reason+ wat's the cost for a one shot-loading gun ? Less than any other Scout infantry guns ? :)
    (Sr about my bad EL)
  • Tee_Doff2369
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1) Only 2 of the level 10 weapons were seen as being great, the other 2 not so much. Where were your tears for them?

2) It can't be slightly OP yet balanced overall. That makes no sense.

3) You died more to the SMLE because you don't have to get to class level 10 to unlock it. How are you oblivious to such an obvious fact?

4) Paragraphs, what are they?
  • deanakos

All **** aside, it shoots a .577-450 in real life. That would most likely blow your limbs off. And if not, enjoy the hole in your body. Talking about realism.... my ****. Do some research tool.

Even so is not 1 shot kill use your brain., thats why we have medics in game..
  • BoogieMan-1978
    601 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

60 and 11 while PTFO... how did they kill it?
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    -Twitch- wrote: »
    ipot_04 wrote: »
    Nerf? Are you stupid?

It's more like they fixed it.
    You should properly read the patch notes.

Are you an idiot? . They killed the dmg output on it so now a pistol will out shoot the martini. That's a nerf. Takes 2.5 sec to reload this weapon with no scope now with the NERF every weapon in the game i can kill you faster if you don't get a headshot without a scope. So let's talk balance you turn hole

No they adjusted the dmg because it didn't make sense. It still has the closest and large sweet spot range.
This discussion has been closed.