Uniform Soldier Aiming ...on or off?

13»

Comments

• Moses0__o
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 25

So if your hipfire 360 distance is 30cm, then that would end up being an aimed 360 of 55.91cm (30 / 0.536598). 
    @TheNoobPolice So wouldn't it be more sensative than ADS sensetivity based just on fov angles? 40/80 (0.5) -> 30/0.5 = 60 cm to make 360 while aiming. I thought that this kind of methods make mouse sens in ADS lower than angle based principle does. I am kind of lost. Sorry if it all sounds stupid.

Post edited by Moses0__o on
  • Titan_Awaken
    1197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lads, don’t forget to close the door when you’re done because this thread is over 3 years old.

/necro
  • TheNoobPolice
    1613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Moses0__o said:

So if your hipfire 360 distance is 30cm, then that would end up being an aimed 360 of 55.91cm (30 / 0.536598). 
    @TheNoobPolice So wouldn't it be more sensative than ADS sensetivity based just on fov angles? 40/80 (0.5) -> 30/0.5 = 60 cm to make 360 while aiming. I thought that this kind of methods make mouse sens in ADS lower than angle based principle does. I am kind of lost. Sorry if it all sounds stupid.

What you are describing would occur if using 100% vertical monitor distance, (i.e 100% coefficient).

Because triangles. The trig is fairly complex to get your head around, but there is no right answer in the end and it still all comes down to preference.

• SpagPie
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 31
    It makes it so that your sensitivity is the same wheather your ADS or not. It also scales with your FOV so you might want to tweak it a little if your aim still feels off.
  • SpagPie
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What it does is make the aim sensitivity the same weather you are aiming down sights or not. You can use it for developing muscle memory but it takes some adjustment. Also it scales with your FOV so you might want to tweak the coefficient a little if you're already going this far.
  • disposalist
    8927 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    SpagPie said:
    What it does is make the aim sensitivity the same weather you are aiming down sights or not. You can use it for developing muscle memory but it takes some adjustment. Also it scales with your FOV so you might want to tweak the coefficient a little if you're already going this far.
    It also makes aim the same for different weapons with different zoom levels. To not use it would be terrible unless you are one of those players that always use the same class and weapons.