Weekly Debrief

Why Bad Company 2 Was the best BF ever. My opinion.

gftoji
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hey, i have thought this alot that why BF: Bad Company 2 was such a great game. Well i think i know the answer kinda. Well its my opinion but you might think the same way. I still love and miss this game and its community so bad. I wish that DICE gives us a new Bad Company.

1. Shooting Mechanics
I think the Bad Company 2 shooting mechanism was not "realistic" like now in modern games. For example bf1 where the bullets drops etc. In older Battlefields they didnt have that and i think its the factor that makes the game so much diffrent.

2. The Graphics
I loved how the graphics were in Bad Company 2. For example if i think my favourite map "Golden Oasis" It was so beautiful back in the day and still is the texture were fun to watch. IMO the graphics in Golden Oasis made it feel like Iraqi warfare type set and thats why it made it feel more realistic and fun

3. Weapons
Wow, well everyone agrees that this game got the best weapons in the whole franchise. It had lots of customization possibilites and bringing WW2 guns that could be used on any class were very good idea. The sounds in the guns were lot better with the echos, and i loved the models aswell. Guns did more damage aswell, were not hyper realistic and weak bulletdropping.

4. Maps
Golden Oasis
Port Valdez
Arica Harbor
And lots of more.
They were lot fun to play. And you could actually bomb all the houses and destroy them and force the enemy to run from their spots (houses) and push foward like in gameplay Rush. And this is the one of the few Battlefields that had actually good DLC maps imo.

5. Overall
Like i said before the maps were way fun when you could bomb and demolish all the houses. For example in Rush all the Defenders bases were bombed to the ground before proceeding to next base. And i cant feel the same way in newer installments. The vehicle balance were better. I wished that BC2 had more air based vehicles like attack jets or bombers. Also there were no suppresion when you were being shot at and i think thats something i liked, i know that it makes the game more realistic, but hey that's the point its only a game.

Anyways i am very tired and this thread will be full of grammar mistakes but idk

Comments

• Jsn_AngryMF
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFBC2, Vietnam expansion pack - THE best ever game FULLSTOP! That music and the M60 - SWEETPOTATOES!
  • Maybe_Leg_End
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It was just 'Oasis' bud. The original on Battlefield Bad Company was much better too, no hideous green filter.

The vehicle balance in that was better too.
  • SmileAsTheyDie
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    gftoji wrote: »
    I think the Bad Company 2 shooting mechanism was not "realistic" like now in modern games. For example bf1 where the bullets drops etc. In older Battlefields they didnt have that and i think its the factor that makes the game so much diffrent.

BC2 had bullet drop

• SmileAsTheyDie
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It was just 'Oasis' bud. The original on Battlefield Bad Company was much better too, no hideous green filter.

The vehicle balance in that was better too.

Bad Company 1 did alot of things better than BC2. Really the only major thing that was **** in BC1 that they fixed in BC2 was defenders spawn camping attackers in rush. In BC1 you could literally be standing 1 foot from the spawn point slashing your knife for when they respawn. In BC2 it was limited to standing at the border and shooting them.
  • ll_1NFRA_r3d_ll
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    battlefield modern combat 2 was the best IMO, ingame clan support, server listings, vote to kick , vote next map, ingame clan leaderboard, push button voip where you could also talk to anyone inc enemey within actual talking distance and gameplay that would either make you quit or shout f-k yeah!! , was such a hardcore game with no crutchs!
  • Circlestrafe
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Still is the (second) best! I liked 2142 better. There's still a few good BFBC2 PC servers up and running.
  • Geckofrog
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is better.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13077 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Geckofrog wrote: »

6e9.png
  • Kingkat54
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Actually, if EA Dice wanted to make some xtra money, why don't they simply "Re Master" BFBC2, and some maps, and release it?
    I don't think it would need much more. There are enough weapons and vehicles. Maybe add some Chinese troops and some NATO troops, but otherwise...............................................
  • Coffeecup132
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    BFBC2 is Phun
  • DrunkenMonk1690
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    1. Shooting Mechanics

*all caps*

Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • DrunkenMonk1690
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Geckofrog wrote: »

Drop the Gimp suit and join the real war sunshine :D
  • Kingkat54
    Just re-installed it and have been playing. It still is a fun game, AND everyone plays the objective, drops med and ammo packs! Very little sniper-campers.,or campers for that matter. It simply moves and keeps moving until the game is won or lost. The maps designed for RUSH mode may be the best ever designed for a fps game. Open, expansive and destructable!
    The weapons are good and are just the right amount for a variety. Have always been able to play well in BFBC2 , unlike the other BF games!
    IF EA DICE doesn't know why it is still popular................................maybe they should find other work.........we PLAYERS KNOW!!!!!!!!!
  • Webbedredbaron
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Kingkat54,i guess you're talking about BC2 on xb1?I've had it on for a week now,& BF4 hasn't had a look in.
  • Kingkat54
    NO, PC copy. Still a great game and lots of fun!!!!!!
  • NoBanMePLS
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I loved this game. I still play it on PC here and there even though I suck now. I'm to used to the fast paced BF3 and 4. If they remastered this and BC1 I would willingly pay $120 for it.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13077 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @DrunkenMonk1690
    STOP SHOUTING.

Thank you.
  • SDHSH
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

1. Shooting Mechanics

3. Weapons
    Wow, well everyone agrees that this game got the best weapons in the whole franchise. It had lots of customization possibilites and bringing WW2 guns that could be used on any class were very good idea. The sounds in the guns were lot better with the echos, and i loved the models aswell. Guns did more damage aswell, were not hyper realistic and weak bulletdropping.

4. Maps
    Golden Oasis
    Port Valdez
    Arica Harbor
    And lots of more.
    They were lot fun to play. And you could actually bomb all the houses and destroy them and force the enemy to run from their spots (houses) and push foward like in gameplay Rush. And this is the one of the few Battlefields that had actually good DLC maps imo.

agreed. there was a lot of running and gunning and jumping and gunning in this game. Lack of realism frees development. I find in search engines that DICE wonders why people love this game so much. These quoted reasons are why. Also, shooting was easier since soldiers were girthier. BF3 brought stickfigure models to the series and that takes away from the gunplay.