#FridayNightBattlefield - Weekly Community Event

Comments

• IslandGirl523
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    If anyone would like to run some TDM matches with me on the xbox 1, add me. GT --> Island Girl523 :blush:
  • FF_smart27
    1965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If anyone would like to run some TDM matches with me on the xbox 1, add me. GT --> Island Girl523 :blush:

Big mistake lol

• Nzwg
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Unfortunately the kind of offensive language used in Battlefield Friends (at 0:31, 2:44, 2:56, and 3:01 in the video above) is also the kind used in their public TeamSpeak.

Luckily Battlefield Friends isn't real.
    Post edited by Nzwg on
  • badkarma11
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GGs last Friday, was good to see, and be killed, by all of you!
  • MorningTimeCloud
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    badkarma11 wrote: »

Great to see you again! Hope to see you next week :)
    Nzwg wrote: »
    Unfortunately the kind of offensive language used in Battlefield Friends is also the kind used in their public TeamSpeak.

@Nzwg There is no hate speech said as that's against the rules. The occasional F word isn't something that people are going to get punished for. It never has turned into a swearing match in my years of playing so I am not sure what you're hearing to be honest. If someone swears too much feel free to use the mute function or complain feature.
  • Nzwg
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    I just expected higher standards where Moderators and EA/DICE staff gather and no language considered
    harmful, abusive, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise offensive, obscene, threatening, bullying, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, encourages conduct that would violate a law or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable and/or inappropriate.
    Vulgar
    crude or indecent: crude or obscene, particularly with regard to sex or bodily functions

When you played the BF1 beta you agreed to this:
    Vulgar expressions, coarse language, abusive behavior, verbal harassment will not be tolerated either towards EA personnel or other beta testers. The use of such language, whether or not you consider it in-character, is not acceptable, whether you use it in casual and public speech, ‘private links,’ contacts or even in a character’s name.
    Post edited by Nzwg on
  • ragnarok013
    3074 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I just expected higher standards where Moderators and EA/DICE staff gather and no language considered
    harmful, abusive, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise offensive, obscene, threatening, bullying, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, encourages conduct that would violate a law or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable and/or inappropriate.

Luckily we are not governed by your personal language standards but by the standards set forth by the EA Terms of Service which seem to be more liberal than your own standards. None of the language experienced in TS3 or typed by FNB members in the in game chat violated the ToS' standards of "harmful, abusive, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise offensive, obscene, threatening, bullying, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, encourages conduct that would violate a law or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable and/or inappropriate". If non-FNB members violated those standards in the in game chat feature they were warned either by our auto filter (yes we do have an in game chat profanity filter populated with words that violate the ToS that after a couple of warnings will auto kick and offender) or by an active in game admin, and if the behavior persisted the offender was kicked. That's all one can do when dealing with randoms on the internet. Those who insist on coming back and continuing the ToS violating behavior are banned referred to the terms of service team.

I recall you posting about text chat and the option to remove "coarse or offensive language" on the AHQ a while back, is this some sort of language Crusade that you're on? You can determine your own exposure to the typical coarse and jovial gamer language that one experiences in game by deciding not to join the TS3 and turning off in game chat by pressing "H" until it says "hidden". To do otherwise when you have a low threshold for coarse language is akin to a vegetarian complaining about their exposure to people eating meat at a steakhouse. This kind of competitive and course language has been part of online shooters since I started playing them online back in '96 because people get angry when they get sucker killed by a camper, they talk trash when they kill a camper or someone who's at the top of the scoreboard - it's exactly what happens on the sportsfield too - gaming isn't some anomaly of bad language it's reflective of the competitive nature of man.
    Unfortunately the kind of offensive language used in Battlefield Friends is also the kind used in their public TeamSpeak.

Regarding your comment about Battlefield friends, BFFs is based on actual behavior and language encountered in game, that is one of the reasons that it's so popular - it's art imitating life. Hank and Jed didn't make everything up, they took normal in game interaction and blew it up a bit to make it humorous.
    badkarma11 wrote: »

It was great to see you too again Karma, hopefully you can come on out and join us again tomorrow!
  • spitfiresiemion
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The good news is, I might finally make it in time for EU server part of FNB, as my usual Friday 3 PM lab meeting has been pushed to today (which kind of is bad news at the same time, considering the state of my progress report)...
  • BVB-Fan-Dortmund
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    See you there soldiers!
    Although today isn´t the 16th of September :wink:
  • FF_smart27
    1965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Night started kinda slow so currently playing tic tac toe on a wall in the garage on dawnbreaker :D
  • ragnarok013
    3074 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Night started kinda slow so currently playing tic tac toe on a wall in the garage on dawnbreaker :D

Tha's only 16 minutes after the beginning of the event, if you stay on for a while things will pick up.
  • doughyun
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Xbox One link leads me to a "Sorry, that page does not exist."
  • Sberard1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Hi Guys really not about the forum but... I had trouble for the longest time regarding BF4 EMBLEMS NOT Showing in game play for the XBOX One. After weeks of researching and troubleshooting I found out how I got it to work for me. Apparently, on one of the recent xbox one updates in the privacy settings it asks you (but not directly) if you you want to share other content ( meaning from other outside sources - but doesn't say that). I selected "EVERYONE" just to give it a try since my emblem is from an outside source I created on battlelog. I went into multiplayer, and was shocked to my emblem FINALLY !!! showing on all weapons and vechicles. Hope this helps anyone out.

Regards,
    Papersack1015
    Houston Texas Viper Clan.
  • badkarma11
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sorry I missed it on Friday, had to mow the lawn before a second entire weekend of rain and replace a defective electrical socket where my clothes washer was plugged it. With the power on.... Check you guys in 4 days I hope!
  • remus1o1
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Red_Spider wrote: »
    As someone who is present at virtually all FNB events I am unaware of any such incidents and would appreciate it if you could furnish me with the details of any such infractions so that they may be investigated. As Ragnarock stated we run a very tight ship regarding language (and behaviour) that is acceptable on both the in-game chat and TeamSpeak. For the avoidance of doubt you can find our server rules here along with details on how to report any violations of said rules.

Let us not forget that this game is rated M for, and I quote; "Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language"

Not heard any bad language on teamspeak any times I've been on.
  • Nzwg
    Really? This is how text chat looked like once.
    uxQHIz9.png
    JeREyXN.png

Anyway the Rules of Conduct begin with "You may violate the Terms of Service if, as determined by EA in its sole discretion, you:" so I don't know.
  • TheLankySoldier
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    uxQHIz9.png
    JeREyXN.png

Anyway the Rules of Conduct begin with "You may violate the Terms of Service if, as determined by EA in its sole discretion, you:" so I don't know.

Damn, you're so offended for no reason and so out of context.

1. Server was only populated by 10-15 people. and most of us were Teamspeak having fun with each others company.
    2. Why you haven't showed what started this conversation? Everyone knew it was a joke from the start, but you decided to hide that and twist it your way.
    3. You never played. You literally joined as Spectator, lurking in the background, not saying a word or even attempting to play. You were just waiting for us to drop the swears words. And when we did, again, like I mentioned, to hid the actual context of the screenshots.
    4. Hate Speech is not tolerable. We have a filter for Hate Speech, not swear words. There's a HUGE difference.

That is all. Stop being offended or trolling. Grow some balls. And if it's still offending you, I have no idea why you're playing this game. Go play My Little Pony Free 2 Play Edition or something.

- Lanky -
  • remus1o1
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    uxQHIz9.png
    JeREyXN.png

You're joking right?
    So having a good game and a little banter with your friends is offencive to you? you should should probably stop playing mature rated games.
  • Nzwg
    Mature rating is not an excuse to be offensive.