This Week in Battlefield V

3rd Party Custom Server List - Now Live!

Madturnip
415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited February 2017
EDIT: This site is currently live. You may visit http://www.bfrepublic.com to register your Platoon and servers.

I am going to create a website that will host communities and their servers. Since I know of no way to join a BF1 server outside of the game, like you could do with BF4 and previous titles, members would only need to format their server names with a number. EXAMPLE: 10553 - rTr - Hardcore - Conquest - All Maps (or however you want to format it.) Then people will be able to browse a list of servers setup for hardcore and the modes they like easily. Listing all of them! Then they just remember the number and make sure their server browser has no filters at all and search for that number. They can then join the server. People will be able to rate servers and finally might have a descent list of playable custom servers without having to jump through hoops in the browser.
-
Anyone interested in doing something like this? I have extensive knowledge in coding for websites, but will need some help depending on the platform chosen to implement the list. URL and security would be taken care of, hosting taken care of, and storage taken care of. Just need people who want their communities displayed to have a place. What we got with BF1 has no support for communities what so ever.
Post edited by Madturnip on

Comments

• Pitbruiser
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am going to create a website that will host communities and their servers. Since I know of no way to join a BF1 server outside of the game, like you could do with BF4 and previous titles, members would only need to format their server names with a number. EXAMPLE: 10553 - rTr - Hardcore - Conquest - All Maps (or however you want to format it.) Then people will be able to browse a list of servers setup for hardcore and the modes they like easily. Listing all of them! Then they just remember the number and make sure their server browser has no filters at all and search for that number. They can then join the server. People will be able to rate servers and finally might have a descent list of playable custom servers without having to jump through hoops in the browser.
    -
    Anyone interested in doing something like this? I have extensive knowledge in coding for websites, but will need some help depending on the platform chosen to implement the list. URL and security would be taken care of, hosting taken care of, and storage taken care of. Just need people who want their communities displayed to have a place. What we got with BF1 has no support for communities what so ever.

I am interested in having a server displayed. I can donate funds as well.
  • Madturnip
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Pitbruiser -- I will keep that in my back pocket. I will start this venture over the holiday weekend.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6726 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2016
    I will start this venture over the holiday weekend.

HMU, I'm a web dev (full stack) and already have the code to list servers in a browser based fashion. The join server feature you want is not readily available. EA/DICE will have to open up the backend and add join queue from url functionality.
    Post edited by Rev0verDrive on
  • Madturnip
    @Pitbruiser -- I will keep that in my back pocket. I will start this venture over the holiday weekend.

HMU, I'm a web dev (full stack) and already have the code to list servers in a browser based fashion. The join server feature you want is not readily available. EA/DICE will have to open up the backend and add join queue from url functionality.
    -
    Yeah, I know another tool stolen from the toolchest that we have had the ability to do for ages. Hell, I think it was BF3 that you could format a shortcut on your desktop with some extra info including the IP of the server and join it. I know you could join a server a few different ways in BF4. However, since they will never give us that capability I was looking more to a way for popular communities to register their servers in one place and be assigned a code. People can browse the lists much easier than they do in BF1 and pick a server, rate the server, leave feedback, etc.
    -
    • Each server owner would be given a code.
    • Example: 4345 - Conquest - Hardcore - All Maps - someclan.com --> sample server name in BF1
    • They could have 1 or more servers and all be listed with the same code or each server could have a different code.
    • People search the proper way for servers and find the code.
    • Go into BF1 and clear all filters and type the code in the search.
    • Viola... Server is found regardless of official, normal, custom.
    -
    I get it's an extra step, but at least people will be able to find servers from people who play like minded.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6726 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, I know another tool stolen from the toolchest that we have had the ability to do for ages. Hell, I think it was BF3 that you could format a shortcut on your desktop with some extra info including the IP of the server and join it. I know you could join a server a few different ways in BF4.
    The DT shortcut was only available because there was a hook that allowed it. You also had easy access to the IP and ports.
    However, since they will never give us that capability I was looking more to a way for popular communities to register their servers in one place and be assigned a code. People can browse the lists much easier than they do in BF1 and pick a server, rate the server, leave feedback, etc.
    -
    • Each server owner would be given a code.
    • Example: 4345 - Conquest - Hardcore - All Maps - someclan.com --> sample server name in BF1
    • They could have 1 or more servers and all be listed with the same code or each server could have a different code.
    • People search the proper way for servers and find the code.
    • Go into BF1 and clear all filters and type the code in the search.
    • Viola... Server is found regardless of official, normal, custom.
    -
    I get it's an extra step, but at least people will be able to find servers from people who play like minded.

Each server should have it's own primary (unique) id. Very easy to set this up. Just need hosting that supports Php and MySQL. I could have the base functionality written in a weekend. Live stats server browser listing with Name search functionality. Could take it a bit further and iterate through the servers settings to determine Official, Hardcore, Custom preset as well. Have that as a search filter. Hell you could even offer a full page server listing with all the specs if you wanted.

Samples that are already coded (live stats checking on load)

KCeRsGb.jpg

SVwh5gw.jpg
  • Madturnip
    You could take it even a bit further and offer a sort of PLATOON option for clans. :)
    -
    I am down to offer the hosting and whatever other support. If DICE can't give it to us -- then let's create it!
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited December 2016
    I can do a soft build on my server then dump the code to you when everything is working correctly. I'll just need someone else to provide the base html/css/js website structure. I don't have the time to devote to full stack dev.

You'll definitely need a user level admin panel (cpanel), so think about that. Registration -> ACL -> session management which I have. My own proprietary bespoke admin panel with dual db auth and forum integration. Comes complete with an ACL (granular permissions).
  • Squad_Rules
    61 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would love to have a server displayed as well, and like Pitbruiser i will gladly donate.
  • Rev0verDrive
    @1ST_Madturnip HMU on N2G PM ... need to do a seriously detailed outline for the framework.
  • Slashette
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    -

We could start a thread here in the forums too, everyone give what their server name is example.. Strictly Sinister HC all maps and everyone just list them in a thread and maybe some of us can get our servers full till they fix the stupid things.....people can go down the list and join servers of their choice ...I am sad everyday looking at our server empty
  • Rev0verDrive
    Slashette wrote: »
    -

We could start a thread here in the forums too, everyone give what their server name is example.. Strictly Sinister HC all maps and everyone just list them in a thread and maybe some of us can get our servers full till they fix the stupid things.....people can go down the list and join servers of their choice ...I am sad everyday looking at our server empty

I think the route he's taking will have a registration system. Users will set up and claim their platoon and add server listings themselves. etc etc and so forth.
  • Slashette
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Slashette wrote: »
    -

I think the route he's taking will have a registration system. Users will set up and claim their platoon and add server listings themselves. etc etc and so forth.

oh i totaly get what he means,...Mine would be good till his can get off the ground
  • Madturnip
    I can do a soft build on my server then dump the code to you when everything is working correctly. I'll just need someone else to provide the base html/css/js website structure. I don't have the time to devote to full stack dev.

You'll definitely need a user level admin panel (cpanel), so think about that. Registration -> ACL -> session management which I have. My own proprietary bespoke admin panel with dual db auth and forum integration. Comes complete with an ACL (granular permissions).

I don't care how it gets implemented or where it is hosted... I just would like to get something started and off the ground (in the works.) DICE has left this copy of BF bland and non-community friendly.
  • Pitbruiser
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I don't care how it gets implemented or where it is hosted... I just would like to get something started and off the ground (in the works.) DICE has left this copy of BF bland and non-community friendly.

I'm glad you started this thread, otherwise I was thinking about myself.
    You and Rev seem to have the proper knowledge and qualifications to get it off the ground, thank goodness.
  • Madturnip
    I think REV has a tee bit more coding experience than me, but maintaining and hosting is something I can contribute to as well as graphics and the what not.
  • Rev0verDrive
    Progress is being made. B)

Design layout and initial functionality/features have been mapped.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    b0cfb2250afaf027cefb0537db3148c7.jpg

This is why Rev is my fav code monkey
  • Rev0verDrive
    NetRngr wrote: »
    b0cfb2250afaf027cefb0537db3148c7.jpg

This is why Rev is my fav code monkey

Lulz! I'm actually making a lot of progress. Dev site is underway, forums going in (will be up for devs in about 30 minutes), forum integration and Admin panel base set up with in an hour after that.... Progress.
  • Madturnip
    +1000
  • Rev0verDrive
    +1000

+1 ..... rollin, rollin rollin