3rd Party Custom Server List - Now Live!

Comments

• Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wrath39 wrote: »
    Very nice man wish I could help but I'm not all that rehearsed in coding or design of there's something I can do let me know. We appreciate the work you're doing

At some point I will need server id's and "maybe just maybe" a small group to test/proof functionality. More on that as I get closer to finishing up. Still a bit of a road, but I'll beat DICE and EA to the punch for sure.
  • Jabbajaws77
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Very nice man wish I could help but I'm not all that rehearsed in coding or design of there's something I can do let me know. We appreciate the work you're doing

At some point I will need server id's and "maybe just maybe" a small group to test/proof functionality. More on that as I get closer to finishing up. Still a bit of a road, but I'll beat DICE and EA to the punch for sure.

Do let me know if you want some help with testing, we have 3 Oceania servers I can offer the IDs for to see how it all pans out :)

Jabbajaws77
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Do let me know if you want some help with testing, we have 3 Oceania servers I can offer the IDs for to see how it all pans out :)

Jabbajaws77

Will do. And Yes, each user gets their own favs tab/page.
  • Pitbruiser
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    So I'm working on the server listings (search), plotting the layout etc. Whatcha think ? This is just the server part nothing else.

O2QZnpz.jpg

Looks good!

So I'm working on the server listings (search), plotting the layout etc. Whatcha think ? This is just the server part nothing else.

O2QZnpz.jpg

Very nice brother, and thanks for all the help the other day :)

Jabbajaws77

Can you think of anything you'd like to see added, changed? I'm looking for feedback atm.

Would you eventually be able to add a server graph/chart (see attached pic) showing player numbers/server population, over X amount of time? Perhaps rank servers as well?

gxT6n22.jpg

• Rev0verDrive
    Pitbruiser wrote: »

O2QZnpz.jpg

Looks good!

O2QZnpz.jpg

Jabbajaws77

Can you think of anything you'd like to see added, changed? I'm looking for feedback atm.

Would you eventually be able to add a server graph/chart (see attached pic) showing player numbers/server population, over X amount of time? Perhaps rank servers as well?

gxT6n22.jpg

Eventually there is hope to add some of the features in the pic. Some things are possible, others aren't at the moment. Biggest issue is access to the data. For instance a list of players on the server. There's no access to that data at the moment.

We'll see what opens up in the future.
  • Slashette
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    wow very awesome rev
  • Pitbruiser
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Pitbruiser wrote: »

O2QZnpz.jpg

Looks good!

O2QZnpz.jpg

Jabbajaws77

gxT6n22.jpg

Eventually there is hope to add some of the features in the pic. Some things are possible, others aren't at the moment. Biggest issue is access to the data. For instance a list of players on the server. There's no access to that data at the moment.

We'll see what opens up in the future.

Cool.

Keep up the great work!
  • Rev0verDrive
    I tweaked the design a little. Mainly for responsive design purposes (mobile friendly).

XBY7mmc.jpg

Search Filters will be in a menu on the right. I will store your filters in your accounts db table row, so on load your last options are defaulted and loaded. There will also be a link of some sort, somewhere easy to get to for your favorites.

Also each server will be clickable. This will load the full server page listing all available info including settings and rotation, plus Platoon Branding and Platoon page link.
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017

O2QZnpz.jpg

Jabbajaws77

Thanks. No problem with the help.

I know for us it would be things like Region filter, asides from that it looks good, will favs also show on just a favs tab?

Jabbajaws77

At the moment I'm looking at the following search filters for launch.
    • Name
    • Region (NA, SA, EU, IE, AU etc.)
    • Game mode (Conquest, Team Deathmatch, Rush etc.)
    • Preset (hardcore, official, custom) .. custom algorithm to determine "preset" seeing as they aren't used.
    • Platform (pc, xbox, playstation)
    • Map [maybe] .. check current map or is in rotation.

Future settings (after initial launch): bullet damage, Friendly Fire etc.

As the rsp matures I will be adding filters. The same for when DLC's drop.

Not sure if it can be pulled but say in the US the ability to filter between East Coast and West would be helpful. Ping wise and all. Also maybe show the ping to the server if possible... probably would need the IP for that however. so yeah
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited January 2017
    NetRngr wrote: »

O2QZnpz.jpg

Jabbajaws77

Thanks. No problem with the help.

I know for us it would be things like Region filter, asides from that it looks good, will favs also show on just a favs tab?

Jabbajaws77

At the moment I'm looking at the following search filters for launch.
    • Name
    • Region (NA, SA, EU, IE, AU etc.)
    • Game mode (Conquest, Team Deathmatch, Rush etc.)
    • Preset (hardcore, official, custom) .. custom algorithm to determine "preset" seeing as they aren't used.
    • Platform (pc, xbox, playstation)
    • Map [maybe] .. check current map or is in rotation.

Future settings (after initial launch): bullet damage, Friendly Fire etc.

As the rsp matures I will be adding filters. The same for when DLC's drop.

Not sure if it can be pulled but say in the US the ability to filter between East Coast and West would be helpful. Ping wise and all. Also maybe show the ping to the server if possible... probably would need the IP for that however. so yeah

@NetRngr
    I'd love to offer those filters, yet there's a problem. The main is not having server IP's. Even then it would be hard and not really accurate. Ping is the traveltime from YOUR location to the Servers Location. Knowing the traveltime from the web server to the game server won't help. The best I could do is IP Geolocate you and the servers positions, map the distance between the two, then use math to calculate a rough ping based on broadband and distance. The result would 11-15% inaccurate because routes are not straight and also there's packet loss to figure in.

Traditionally when the game client has a built in server browser it does the ping. For BL they use Origin to ping servers.

At the moment I cannot do any of this because there's no access to IP. The same goes for knowing region specifics ... east west etc. Ali did say they are looking into granular regioning (chicago, new york, houston etc).
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah pretty much what I figured just checkin ;)
  • Rev0verDrive
    Heyo people I need to know what social/web link options you want for various sections. Make sure you group them accordingly (platoon, user).

Platoon
    Website, Facebook, Twitter, Steam group, Google+ .....

User profile
    Website, Facebook, Twitter, Steam, Google+, Twitch, Youtube .....
  • Wrath39
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    question... is there a way to monitor your net
    Heyo people I need to know what social/web link options you want for various sections. Make sure you group them accordingly (platoon, user).

Platoon

User profile

Platoon I would say website/steam group

User I would say steam/origin maybe twitch
  • Rev0verDrive
    Wrath39 wrote:
    question... is there a way to monitor your net?

Not exactly sure I follow the question? Clarify?
    Wrath39 wrote:
    Platoon I would say website/steam group

User I would say steam/origin maybe twitch

What I listed is already set. Looking for additionals to what I posted.

I'll add Origin to the User profile.
  • Jabbajaws77
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Platoon

User profile

Could you add TeamSpeak to both platoon and user?

Jabbajaws77
  • Rev0verDrive

Platoon

User profile

Could you add TeamSpeak to both platoon and user?

Jabbajaws77

I can for the platoon, yet I don't see the need for user.
  • Wrath39
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Sorry that question about he net was draft didn't know it posted.... I was gonna ask if it's possible for a person to monitor their network and obtain the ip of their server when they connect.
  • NetRngr
    Rev instead of TS I would just add a field for voice communications TS is in the majority I think but you have TS, Mumble, Discord, etc etc. Seems it would just be easier for you add a link field.
  • Rev0verDrive
    Sorry that question about he net was draft didn't know it posted.... I was gonna ask if it's possible for a person to monitor their network and obtain the ip of their server when they connect.
    I'm pretty sure if you installed the right software and did the work you could figure it out.
    NetRngr wrote: »
    Rev instead of TS I would just add a field for voice communications TS is in the majority I think but you have TS, Mumble, Discord, etc etc. Seems it would just be easier for you add a link field.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Provider/connection/pass
  • Rev0verDrive
    Alrighty, got the base layouts done, so next it's onto the core coding and db structure.