This Week in Battlefield V

Dice can we have Scottish soldiers please

buckiebull
84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
2017 is almost here and in july 2017 we will be celebrating a 'Victoria cross' winner from my home town Buckie, Scotland.
"No. 265579, George McIntosh, Private, 1/6th Battalion, The Gordon Highlanders (Buckie, Banffshire). For most conspicuous bravery when, during the consolidation of a position, his company came under machine gun fire at close range.
"Private McIntosh immediately rushed forward under heavy fire, and reaching the emplacement, he threw a Mills grenade in to it, killing two of the enemy and wounding a third. Subsequently, entering the dug-out, he found two light machine guns, which he carried back with him.
"His quick grasp of the situation and the utter fearlessness and rapidity with which he acted undoubtedly saved many of his comrades, and enabled the consolidation to proceed unhindered by machine gun fire.
"Throughout the day the cheerfulness and courage of Private McIntosh was indomitable, and to his fine example in a great measure was due the success which attended his company."

Read more: http://51hd.co.uk/accounts/pvt_mcintosh_vc#ixzz4To2VS0Au
You can read a bit about how he won it Battle of Passchendaele

Comments

• Gmkillers
    1239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Being from Glasgow I second this. :D
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Whilst not in kit some of the voice actors are Scottish and you could use a Scottish regimental patch if you wanted

Never apposed to adding more nations for this game
  • buckiebull
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks guys,
    I do appreciate that there are Scottish accents in game but I would love to see a "Kilted Warrior" as maybe even a uniform option or even adding the bagpipes to your inventory as these were used not only as moral boosters and boosting there adrenalin to the troops but they also scared the living daylights out of the enemy during battle (and our Allies :) )
    I also use the old HD "Highland Division" as a patch
    And yes it would be cool for other countries to have a uniform skin of sorts giving a wee bit more clan pride if you like!
  • Ally_24670884
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There are Scottish Soldiers. Probably from the west coast by the sounds!
  • PvtJohnTowle
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • Hilldo67
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Another Glasgow lad here, Im all for this
  • Ally_24670884
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The thing that is bizarre ALL the Scottish soldiers in the game swear, F this, F that but you try swear on the forum LOL Not happening! OK for our ears to listen to the swearing but not ok for this lot to read it! Mental!
  • disposalist
    8595 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The thing that is bizarre ALL the Scottish soldiers in the game swear, F this, F that but you try swear on the forum LOL Not happening! OK for our ears to listen to the swearing but not ok for this lot to read it! Mental!
    It's coz the forums are public, but the game has a 'certificate'.
  • Ally_24670884
    It's coz the forums are public, but the game has a 'certificate'.

Not buying that at all, sorry. So if I post a link to youtube of a the game and there is swearing generated by the game .........

The irony is amazing. Swear isnt illegal. Then you are told off for posting a swear word, even although it is **** out?!?!?!? LOL Mental. PC gone mad in my opinion. However the thread is about Scottish soldiers not swearing ;)
  • Busketboof
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How about an Indian guy or an African? With 50% white soldiers already adding another would severely under represent a couple already misrepresented races.... forget PTFO it's all about EO and being PC.

PCEO FTW!!!
  • PvtJohnTowle
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    blackaddR wrote: »
    This is why character customisation is a must. Under the British army, to change the hats, faces and garments such as kilts would be awesome

Not oy kilts but bagpipes as well. They played them during battle in WW1 -saw this in movie War Horse (2011) just recently on TV
  • blackaddR
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The 'pipers' didn't go over the top with a rifle though. They played as they marched on, so I would think it would be a waste of time to include if I'm honest
  • disposalist
    8595 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    However the thread is about Scottish soldiers not swearing ;)
    Pretty sure those two things go together, no? ;)
  • MathewGurney
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mmm, it doesn't feel like proper British war without some sweaty sock bawling in my ear. :D
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    C0RuPAxXAAEv5EF.jpg

A haggis if you can name the regiment
  • SyfruitCamelia
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Serbian Soldiers have more right to be in this game
  • Evil_Barabbas
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, no and no.