For those who have played both, what do you prefer?

NZepica
1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2? I'm curious to see what others think.

I prefer Titanfall myself at this point. There's nothing wrong with BF1 as such, but I haven't touched it at all after buying TF2. Something about the well done movement system, plus small, chaotic battles, and the back and forth battles between Titans makes it incredibly enjoyable.

Although I have to say, sniping ejecting pilots out of the air with Ion's shoulder mounted laser is pretty sweet as well.

So what do you guys prefer and why?

Comments

• mexicanmethed
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Probably shouldn't be commenting since I'm yet to play TF2, but I really liked TF1. It just got stale really quick for me I'm not sure why exactly, hence the hesitation in picking the second one.
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    I didn't get to play the first one, but from what I heard, a lot of people got bored because it had a severe lack of content and depth. Kinda like Star Wars Battlefront, but without the Star Wars brand to keep people coming back.

It's well worth picking up. I had thought that it would replace SW:BF as something I played to take a break from BF, but it looks like it'll be the other way around now lol.
    Probably shouldn't be commenting since I'm yet to play TF2, but I really liked TF1. It just got stale really quick for me I'm not sure why exactly, hence the hesitation in picking the second one.
  • mexicanmethed
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NZepica wrote: »
    I didn't get to play the first one, but from what I heard, a lot of people got bored because it had a severe lack of content and depth. Kinda like Star Wars Battlefront, but without the Star Wars brand to keep people coming back.

It's well worth picking up. I had thought that it would replace SW:BF as something I played to take a break from BF, but it looks like it'll be the other way around now lol.

Yeah see I'm not even the type who seeks content. I rarely play shooter single player campaigns, haven't even played BF1's yet other than the first level I believe and took me at least a year to get around to playing BF4's. The shooting mechanics (didn't even mind it being hitscan) and just the competition of winning and trying to come first is usually enough for me. I pretty much only play conquest in BF and I was only ever interested in Attrition and is it Hardpoint? (whatevz the call domination) but I dunno just got bored quick with it and stopped playing (talking weeks) where Battlefield takes a couple years before I start to get bored.
  • NZepica
    I'm not usually worried about content either to be honest, I mean heck, I enjoy SW:BF despite it's fairly low amount of content. Granted, I don't play it often, but I still enjoy it when I do play it.

The campaign in TF2 is easily the best FPS campaign I have ever played. It's short, but it throws you from one crazy thing to the next, and doesn't get boring. I've probably played through it about 7 or 8 times now, and I hardly ever do that with campaigns, except for the Ace Combat games.

The only real problem I have with TF2 at the moment is that the player base is pretty small, so I'm only ever able to play Attrition, which is an awesome mode, but I really want to try Last Titan Standing, and Bounty Hunt is a favourite of mine, but it's tough to find a match in that as well.
  • NZepica
    Watch this, it'll help you decide whether to buy it or not.

• NZepica
    Fair enough. BF1 is pretty much the only shooter out there that gives the experience it does, I will give it that, I just find that it feels too slow for me this time.

TF2 is kinda CoD done really right, with the Titans thrown in to mix things up, and I hugely enjoyed CoD when it was done well myself, although, I'd probably take BF4 over the older CoD games personally. The Titans mix things up as well, which probably helps a lot to be honest.
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    Battlefield 1.

Don't get me wrong, Titanfall 2 is a ton of fun, but Battlefield 1 represents a stylized shooter of which there is no comparable on the market right now, and we haven't ever had before.

Titanfall 2 improves a lot on TF1, but still feels very much like TF1, and still very familiar to those that have had any extended period of time with any of the CoD games.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like both
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've only played the campaign. I enjoyed it though. The first one was a bit boring to me. I have high hopes for this one though.
  • PsychicRush
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    I have both and keep coming back to bf1. In part because I wanted to finish multi player codexes. Now that I unlocked everything and have to wait for new medals, I'm not sure which one I'll be playing more.
  • BluntObjctOfHate
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just got TF2 yesterday and I also played the beta and the only thing that Im not to sure of is the matchmaking when the whole oposite team is a clan or your team is completely out ranked but other than that it's a fun game . BF1 is still my go to game right now .
  • xWTOxSkiLLz
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Battlefield 1 is a great game but the lack of progression and variety makes the game boring really fast. I'll usually log on play 2 matches then call it. I just get so bored playing 30+ min long matches only to walk away with nothing at the end. Makes it just feel like a complete waste of time playing.

Titanfall 2 has been receiving most of my time lately. Picked it up during black friday for $25 and everything about it is fantastic. Superb story, tons and tons of progression I mean every little thing you do you do for a reason. You unlock a new gun use it to level it up and get new stuff. Everytime you rank up a faction you get the random advocate award which is just a battlepack, but atleast you earn them by leveling up and not relying on RNG.

All in all they're both great games but the clear winner is titanfall imo theres just so much depth to that game it'll last you awhile. Leveling each titan up to unlock all their skins and abilities theres like 15 pilot gens 50 levels each so where talking 750 ranks and each time you regen you unlock new customization items. Getting kills with specific weapons levels them up also unlocking customization items like skins. You're not relying on RNG to get the skin you want. There's also skins you can buy with the credits earned in game by just playing the game. Unlike battlefield where you need to play 10+ matches for a battlepack and you open that pack just to get a skin you already have and scrap it for 30 credits lol so sad. Just give us scraps for playing matches. And let us buy the skins we want like Hardline did.
  • 01JPIZZLE10
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bf1 though I really like tf2. Can't go wrong with either. Though I admit tf2 progression system is hands down better.
  • JediScum81
    1438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Got Titanfall 2 for Xmas, not had chance to play it yet though but looking forward to giving it a whirl. Beta was fun.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    JediScum81 wrote: »
    Got Titanfall 2 for Xmas, not had chance to play it yet though but looking forward to giving it a whirl. Beta was fun.

Get the fudge outta here and play it! :D
  • SWE-Androctonus
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Please stop calling titanfall 2 tf2. I always think you mean team fortress 2
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Titanfall 2 has more challenging vehicle gameplay. Titan is a vehicle, right?

Not as stupid extreme arcade easymode as BF One tanks and airplanes.
  • Prep768
    3413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TF2 is a lot of fun, wall running whilst shooting up your opponent, grappling up buildings to get the drop on a sniper and the Titans are beautifully done - big fan!

But this is the dawn of all out war - no contest

Pip! Pip! Old beans!!
  • crabman169
    Please stop calling titanfall 2 tf2. I always think you mean team fortress 2

Some on the forums call it rtf2 meaning Respawns Titanfall 2 to avoid the obvious confusion. I just say tf2 or titanfall 2, the context usually tells you what tf2
    Titanfall 2 has more challenging vehicle gameplay. Titan is a vehicle, right?

Not as stupid extreme arcade easymode as BF One tanks and airplanes.

*complains about arcade elements in an arcade game*

Regardless

Each Titan is unique and regards different approaches in regards to playing as one and countering them. It's not Titanfall where you pick op loadout and abuse it.
  • CalBro
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Titanfall 2. At least there's still a chance I can win if I'm placed on a crappy team and the fast paced gameplay is welcome change from BF1.