Why people are quitting bf1 pc already..

Comments

• PlCATlNNY
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All titles drop off until you are left with a core group of players who simply enjoy the game for what it is. There are still thousands of players on BF3, BF4 and SWBF which will comprise of a community who enjoy the basic game play of each title.

Hopefully the RSP gets sorted out early in the New Year, this will help to strengthen the BF1 gaming community.
  • NOVA-GOA
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

There was double the amount of players on line with BF4 at this time when it was released. Pretty sad BF1 only has this number at one time since its release.
  • TheTsunami
    17 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Another fun one...getting on a server that has 4 of 24 guys afk for a half dozen maps on end.
  • Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    NOVA-GOA wrote: »

There was double the amount of players on line with BF4 at this time when it was released. Pretty sad BF1 only has this number at one time since its release.

While I don't think BF1's PC community is doing well (I gave my opinions prior already), I don't like it when people give false info. BF4 at this time of the year in 2013 had stats like these:

PC
    PS3
    XBOX360
    XBOXONE
    PS4

It's not hard to flip through old BF4 forum and find population stats that people posted. Both BF1 & BF4 launched in October, and both games by December saw a dropoff. Of course in BF4 the problems had more to do with technical issues. While in BF1 the reasons for dropoff are less technical, but more to do with content & RSP.
    Post edited by Gavyne on
  • Shredder2-4-D
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF4 had a ton of potential at release that carried it for 3 years with a very strong player base. I logged 1800 hrs on BF4.

BF1 on the other hand, I have a little over 100 hrs, doesn't really have the same draw as BF4 or 3. It gets real boring real fast after about 50 hours or so. Feels like a chore to play.

BF1 had issues at launch and more then 2 months later still has issues. I mean really Dice you cant do any better after all these years of programming.

BF1 is pretty much a Battlefront reskin.

I have a feeling people in general are going to loose pride in owning/playing BF games. They be like yeah man I remember the good ole days of BF (1942, BF3, some what 4), but now ahday its just like a generic fps that has issues...
  • AldermachXI
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gavyne wrote: »
    It's not hard to flip through old BF4 forum and find population stats that people posted. Both BF1 & BF4 launched in October, and both games by December saw a dropoff. Of course in BF4 the problems had more to do with technical issues. While in BF1 the reasons for dropoff are less technical, but more to do with content & RSP.

BF1 also suffers from dropoff for technical reasons. DirectX crashing, poor performance on good machines...

Overall the game is fun, and it's going to take less work than BF4 to fix. But the current state of RSP and the Server Browser is basically unacceptable. And what bothers me most is that they intentionally released both in this stripped down fashion. They should have known such a bare RSP wouldn't fly. And a server browser that shows 50 results? Ridiculous.
  • Kingadrock311
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People need that unlocking hamster wheel. There are very few guns in BF1 so people quit because they don't care about competing they just want to unlock things. #2 reason is the decision to use fairfight alone (wihout punkbuster) is terrible anticheat that relies on a player having inhumanly possible stats in order to give out bans. Punkbuster + fairfight in BF4 was much better.
  • trip1ex
    4959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Every BF game has these threads a few months after release.
  • STOPchris
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The only reason I would quit playing are cheaters, like any other online game.
  • Fruxen
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Not saying BF1 is without it's issues, but to put things into perspective, some people have been saying the exact same thing starting with Battlefield 1942 in the year 2002 regardless.

<insert latest Battlefield> has been dumbed down for the casuals and the new community is stupid.
    <insert previous Battlefield> had more teamplay and was much more fun.

So personally I can't take this saying all that seriously anymore after all these years, I build my own opinion and try to have fun playing. :)
    Post edited by Fruxen on
  • willywolfy
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    160ish hours here and frankly I just got a bit bored. The weapons didn't leave me anything to play for either.
  • DutchMaj-General
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    iiBiizzaa wrote: »
    It's simply a unfinished game on pc, or that's how it feels..I do love the game and the gameplay for me is great but all of the issues with the fps drops, lag and the graphics issues are a real chore, you pay for a car you get a car with 4 wheels not one with 3 and no steering wheel!

I get they had the budgets cut and for me and a lot of other it feels ea are leaning towards console as of now, the monthly updates are a joke just because they like to keep pc and the other consoles all in sync etc but they can hotfix pc issues but they choose not too? Doesn't make sense! The issues with direct x too don't really make sense, as other games are fine and it's only battlefield!

It's a great game, just unfinished! And also with the naive people saying they have no bugs or whatever you are blind! We as customers shouldn't have to upgrade our rigs when we get errors, massive fps lags and cpu issues. The server browser is broken and hardcore isn't even hardcore.

I agree this game is unfinished. I'm was more busy solving all the issues in this game then playing it. Bought a Premium season pass (130 euro's) but it's definitely not worthed..

- Bad hit-reg
    - FPS drops
    - High CPU
    - Bad graphics
    - Stuttering/lag

SPECS :

i7-3770
    16GB DDR3
    GTX 1060 3GB
    1000 GB Hard disk
    Windows 10 64x

• -IMeta4I-
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Problem is everything is massively unbalanced, level 10 unlock weapons are crap, mag sizes are so small and shots to kill is way too high, 2 well placed body shots from a rifle should kill none of this pump 4 lumps of lead into someone and watch them run away and pull out a pistol from 100m away and kill you.

The only weapons that are balanced are shotguns and smgs SMGs have high rof and **** accuracy and the shotgun is fine for close encounters and rubbish for any type of range.

Sniper's are crap at close range anything under 100m should be an instant kill.

Hardcore mode at least needs 150% damage and hit markers, the faction outfits look way to similar at range.

Why can't light tanks outrun people ? How the hell can aircraft take so much damage, you can pump a whole volly of bomber killer rounds square on a fighter and get tonnes of hit markers and a sheet of at paper will just fall off.

Way too much grenade spam with gas bases and normal grenades has weak splash damage.

Several maps are just choke points after choke point.

• Hero0fKvatch
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm going back to BF4 since that actually runs good, has little to no bugs and tons of maps. Plus rush is actually 64 players, 24 play rush is trash. I also dont like the limited amount of weapons, gets boring really fast. They decided to add in tons of weapons that were barely used in ww1 so they could add way more if they wanted.

I'll give BF1 another go in a year when its patched and I can get premium for dirt cheap. I done the same with BF4, bought it on release played for a month or two then uninstalled and replayed it a year+ later. BF3/BC2 are the only ones I played from release to the next game.
  • Shredder2-4-D
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah they intentionally released 1/4 of the full game so they could sell the other 3/4 as free release and premium content dlc. Pretty shady way of doing business.

They should have at least had the bugs squished before they released a piece of the pie as a whole pie.

It is now 2017 and BF1 is nick named Bugfield 1. My God 15 years ago when games released they were in proper working order with a full volley of content. Any dlc was an after thought that was added in at a price.

Anyway, there is absolutely nothing spectacular about BF1, it is a reskin Star Wars game with a terrible rsp system and issues...
  • Sgt-Er1kssoN
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2017
    Seems to me they simply don't care as long as they still sell copies and DLC. The experience is absolutely secondary to them. I've lost a lot of respect for DICE.

This is nothing new, they have always been doing this...yet every game they sell will sell millions of copies and break records...people need to stop buying games on release or they will never change their way of doing things.
  • iiBiizzaa
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's simply a unfinished game on pc, or that's how it feels..I do love the game and the gameplay for me is great but all of the issues with the fps drops, lag and the graphics issues are a real chore, you pay for a car you get a car with 4 wheels not one with 3 and no steering wheel!

I get they had the budgets cut and for me and a lot of other it feels ea are leaning towards console as of now, the monthly updates are a joke just because they like to keep pc and the other consoles all in sync etc but they can hotfix pc issues but they choose not too? Doesn't make sense! The issues with direct x too don't really make sense, as other games are fine and it's only battlefield!

It's a great game, just unfinished! And also with the naive people saying they have no bugs or whatever you are blind! We as customers shouldn't have to upgrade our rigs when we get errors, massive fps lags and cpu issues. The server browser is broken and hardcore isn't even hardcore.

I agree this game is unfinished. I'm was more busy solving all the issues in this game then playing it. Bought a Premium season pass (130 euro's) but it's definitely not worthed..

- Bad hit-reg
    - FPS drops
    - High CPU
    - Bad graphics
    - Stuttering/lag

SPECS :

i7-3770
    16GB DDR3
    GTX 1060 3GB
    1000 GB Hard disk
    Windows 10 64x

Yup and people can't even pin point the problems with always fixing the problems because everyone on pretty much every setup has the same issues, it's not a hardware problem, and that's a pain because we wait on other people to fix.
  • DaFaRsHeR
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

- Bad hit-reg
    - FPS drops
    - High CPU
    - Bad graphics
    - Stuttering/lag

SPECS :

i7-3770
    16GB DDR3
    GTX 1060 3GB
    1000 GB Hard disk
    Windows 10 64x

The FPS drops, high CPU usage and stuttering is caused by high GPU usage with 3GB on a 1060 do you have the GPU memory limited option checked in game settings?
  • ZyGViking2121
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    I haven't quit playing, I put it about 5 hours today, but Im not playing it all the time, I mean I been busy with the holidays and what not, I also am getting annoyed of the bugs in this game, Like getting stuck on things and not being able to jump a 2 foot rock but your able to jump a 10 foot wall..... Gets me killed everytime.

I also fall thru the map at times when you get stuck on things, I found a way to do it all the time on Amiens, by F on conquest you can jump a curb as if your jumping over a wall and it will shoot you thru the map, and Spawning on flags to get your head blown off on some maps just because every map is wide open..... And for whatever reason the Quit button sometimes works, EA seems to force me to stay in the server or deal with a black screen, good thing alt+f4 works.
  • Dielawwn
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bi-monthly updates are terrible. This is killing the pc community.