Why people are quitting bf1 pc already..

Comments

• VonReisler
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    monthly patches? Where did that idea come from? Probably won't see another patch till March with the dlc release.
  • AldermachXI
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was doing some research for another thread and based on bf4stats.com and battlefieldtracker.com more people are playing BF1 on PC right today than any given time on BF4 over its lifespan.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf4/population?days=-1

Currently online players (BF1)

PC: 65,939 (24h peak: 69,924)

True...those BF4 numbers are surprisingly low.

I guess more and more PC gamers are playing "casually", not caring about things like the server browser or Custom Servers. Must be why we're actually seeing topics about matchmaking in PC forums now...(PC gamers traditionally use browsers, not matchmaking)
  • NetRngr
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Foodie88 wrote: »
    i have good fps and i am ok with game optimisation
    BUT THIS GAME IS UNBALANCED
    OP TANKS AND AEROPLANES
    OP LEVEL 10 WEAPONS
    WTF IS THIS ****?

OP level 10 weapons? Christ.

Oh.. I see it already, you're level 11 and haven't unlocked a single one of them yet.
    The only one slightly worth using is the Hellriegel and even then, that one is outclassed by the Automatico in most situations. The other three are total crap.

Ok, then help me chose a weapion f f s
    I am getting destroy? Every game i am 100 spm and a k/d of 0,7
    I even went 2 kills ( by mistake , with a nade) and 19 deaths....
    I lsoe every GUN ON GUN, and i use cei rigotti but i lose?
    So what am i suposed to say? I dont brag i am good , i know im not good....but THE STARTER WEAPONS DONT HELP ME EITHER
    This is why i say maybe i quit ( because of frustration)
    I play to have fun not to spaawn - get killd in seconds, rinse and repeat
    AND MY GAME RUNS FINE BTW, problem is WEAPONRY

I AM NOW MEDIC LEVLE 3

SHUD I GO ASAULT MAYBE ?

IMHO Mondragon sniper will help you enjoy the Medic class a bit more. You can't complain about your starter rifle being crap if you haven't unlocked any others and tried them. That's on you not DICE/EA.
  • Rapwnzel2000
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't care about anything mentioned above but i can't feel any enthusiasm about things like being one shot killed 3 times in a row across the map right after spawning by two different supports and a fighter plane. That's when i logged out yesterday and ignoring cheating is the only real problem about this game. Two days ago it was time to log out when my team of 5, between lvl 50 and 80 met a lvl 5 sniper. He shot 2 of us we revived and went for cover. He came after us with his pistol and guess who won. It doesn't happen in every game which is why i'm still playing and overall i really like the game , but it happens too often and there will be a point where i won't bother to log in anymore.
  • MeFirstThenYou
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    I don't play a lot of BF1 because right now there is a lack of overall content and content that I like. Right now the maps look like this to me:

Amiens -> Boring
    Argonne Forest -> Very similar gameplay like Metro or Locker and I despite those type of maps.
    Ballroom Blitz -> Okay map
    Empire’s Edge - Boring
    Fao Fortress -> Boring
    Giant's Shadow -> Decent map
    Monte Grappa -> Boring
    Sinai Desert -> Boring
    St. Quentin Scar -> Decent Map
    Suez -> Similar to Argonne Forest

So there are a just a few maps that I like and the majority of maps are boring to me or just bad,

This continues with the classes, weapons and vehicles. There is a lack of interesting content. I especially dislike the streamlined design of classes and vehicles. It does not leave much room to play a class or vehicle differently and you are always somewhat forced for a general playstyle.
  • labtud
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2016
    I was doing some research for another thread and based on bf4stats.com and battlefieldtracker.com more people are playing BF1 on PC today than any given time on BF4 over its lifespan.

you are missing over a years worth of stats with that, bf4 came out october 2013 not 04/2015.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064775336989586/

might be worth having a read of that. peak player base for bf4 stats are hard to find when it first came out. This post suggests that feb 2014 (few months after release) the pc peak player base was 80k
  • labtud
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was doing some research for another thread and based on bf4stats.com and battlefieldtracker.com more people are playing BF1 on PC today than any given time on BF4 over its lifespan.

you are missing over a years worth of stats with that, bf4 came out october 2013 not 04/2015.
  • straitR
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    labtud wrote: »

Regardless, there are more people playing BF1 now than ever, this was true before the Christmas surge as well. So, the title of this thread, "Why people are quitting BF1 PC already..." is entirely incorrect and is one persons opinion not a fact.

• labtud
    straitR wrote: »

Regardless, there are more people playing BF1 now than ever, this was true before the Christmas surge as well. So, the title of this thread, "Why people are quitting BF1 PC already..." is entirely incorrect and is one persons opinion not a fact.

I think you are confused here. There are less players playing BF1 at this time in its life cycle than there were at bf4's life cycle in feb 2014. Do you really think BF1 will pick up 20k more players (at peak) come feb 2017 ? (which is when you should be doing this type of post). You are showing player base bf4 stats that are are from 04/2015 which is well over a year after the game came out.

You cannot make a statement that "there are more people playing bf1 than ever"". If you are stating that there are more people starting to play bf1 (not compared to bf4) you are also wrong because peak player base when this game first came out was well over 150k peak. It dropped down to a steady 59k leading up to christmas and has now jumped back to 69k.

If you are going to compare player base stats please use figures that match the date times of the games life cycle and not pick data that is well over a year away from bf1 is now.
  • labtud

I think you are confused here. There are less players playing BF1 at this time in its life cycle than there were at bf4's life cycle in feb 2014. Do you really think BF1 will pick up 20k more players (at peak) come feb 2017 ? (which is when you should be doing this type of post). You are showing player base bf4 stats that are are from 04/2015 which is well over a year after the game came out.

You cannot make a statement that "there are more people playing bf1 than ever"". If you are stating that there are more people starting to play bf1 (not compared to bf4) you are also wrong because peak player base when this game first came out was well over 150k peak. It dropped down to a steady 59k leading up to christmas and has now jumped back to 69k.

If you are going to compare player base stats please use figures that match the date times of the games life cycle and not pick data that is well over a year away from bf1 is now.

• labtud
    edited December 2016

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/08/28/bf4-ps4-beats-out-pc-as-most-popular-platform/

right after some serious research on google for 5 minutes i have found you the pc player stats for december 2013. I would say that shows around the christmas peak player base was around 90k
  • CPU_UK
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    Regardless of the BF4 v BF1 stats, the trend will follow a downward direction. BF1 has the same netcode issues as BF4 on large servers (hitreg), none customization servers you can't even K/B the hackers (so you can't even create a safe server), plus it now has very wide player hacking issues. I predict BF1 player numbers for PC will decline rapidly in 2017, especially when people find out they have to pay for the next DLC.
  • AldermachXI
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    At the end of the day, for me, there's a lot of other games out there that don't have these silly omissions that just make you frustrated. So I'm going to play those...I'm having a lot more fun playing stuff like Siege, Rocket League, Overcooked and Kopanito All-Stars Soccer.

The game is FUN if you can ignore those issues. I hate the term...but BF1 really is "casual". But not in a fun way like the games I mentioned above. It's just boring.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Have to admit, DICE failed with the vehicle balance.
  • MISFITSWITCH
    423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unfinished? The game plays like a dream. I guess you people are new to PC gaming. Most games of this scale start out so bad its not even funny. How about back in the PS2 Socom, COD and Battlefield days. They did not fix every single little thing the people **** about. Just play the game in enjoy. You do know 80%+ of the problems are on your end or some guy with 300+ ping. Also not everyone is cheating. Its it just lag. It has been around for years and years. I keep seeing post after post of cheating with vids. If you watch them you see that is it lag related. At the end of the round the guy goes 30-8 and the people still think he is cheating. You look at his ping and it is huge. Are there people cheating yes. But not as much as people think there is.
  • Mophucka
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Am I the only one who thinks the server browser is garbage? I can make the same search 5 times and get 5 different results. Are there really only 2 games of hardcore conquest going on at any given time? Picking HC Conquest without using the server browser puts me in an empty game 90% of the time.
  • AldermachXI
    Mophucka wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the server browser is garbage? I can make the same search 5 times and get 5 different results. Are there really only 2 games of hardcore conquest going on at any given time? Picking HC Conquest without using the server browser puts me in an empty game 90% of the time.

Yeah, there's only a couple HC Conquest servers since they dumbed it down to 125% dmg. It's pointless now.

There are still a couple good Rented 200% dmg Hardcore servers around. Just filter the dmg to 200 and put everything else to any / all. They'll come up.
  • OminousZ
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    iiBiizzaa wrote: »
    It's simply a unfinished game on pc, or that's how it feels..I do love the game and the gameplay for me is great but all of the issues with the fps drops, lag and the graphics issues are a real chore, you pay for a car you get a car with 4 wheels not one with 3 and no steering wheel!

I get they had the budgets cut and for me and a lot of other it feels ea are leaning towards console as of now, the monthly updates are a joke just because they like to keep pc and the other consoles all in sync etc but they can hotfix pc issues but they choose not too? Doesn't make sense! The issues with direct x too don't really make sense, as other games are fine and it's only battlefield!

It's a great game, just unfinished!

This may be true for you unfortunately, but I and many others don't have any of the issues you described. What are your specs?
  • Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What kind of post is this?Who's quitting?

http://bf1stats.com/

Almost 80k players on pc right now.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Solid_9493 wrote: »
    What kind of post is this?Who's quitting?

http://bf1stats.com/

Almost 80k players on pc right now.
    Why Nobody Is Quitting Battlefield 1 PC is what the title of this thread should have been. LMAO! Bozo kids.